PDA

View Full Version : Help From People Using 458 Spider Wheel!

Royall58
29-05-2015, 10:30
Hey Racers,

Just after a general consensus about the ABS,TCS Assists that people use while racing.

At the moment I have set all my assists to off and i'm quick(ish) but a couple of guys using controllers in last nights lobby were using the Real assists which explained why they were a bit quicker in some cars especially the GT3.

I also use cockpit view because it's better than the chase cam when using a wheel but in turn makes things difficult when braking and on corner exit because I can't feel how the car is behaving due to lack of force feedback. So I would like to know how many people use the Real assist or no assists?

What i should do, man up and carry on how i am or make life easier and switch the real assists on???

Cheers

Siberian Tiger
29-05-2015, 10:37
Why make it harder for you, than it is in Real Life?
Assists are common in Racing today...

For FFB perhaps F458 Users can help.
1. Thing for me is always upping the Fx Forces in FFB...

robnroll88
29-05-2015, 10:39
Hi Royal,

I also have the spider wheel and I came across the same thing , and how Ive coped is I have the traction control on permanent, and I race with the bonnet view of the car, its the only way I could seem to improve my times, but with this wheel not having FFB its down to tinkering I suppose as to what suits, anyway , hope this helps chap :cool:

Durand1981
29-05-2015, 10:42

I use a thrustmaster TX and noticed that certain cars like the renualt cup car despite how i config my wheel settings etc leave a 90degree almost deadzone when turning even at deadzone put to 0.

I was curious if upping the FFB fx as suggested would help that, but then my thoughts refer back to more grippy cars where the ffb is seriously more noticable in teh first place where by it may ruin it by being overly aggressive on the FFB your input would be greatly appreciated.

Royall58
29-05-2015, 10:56

I have the cheaper wheel so don't have FFB :(

Royall58
29-05-2015, 11:11
Hi Royal,

I also have the spider wheel and I came across the same thing , and how Ive coped is I have the traction control on permanent, and I race with the bonnet view of the car, its the only way I could seem to improve my times, but with this wheel not having FFB its down to tinkering I suppose as to what suits, anyway , hope this helps chap :cool:

I originally turned them off because it was something that I was used to from playing Forza because the traction control slowed you down quiet a bit on that game, so I was expecting the same with PCars. But it appears that it doesn't hinder progress much in Pcars. Have you noticed a big difference with traction on or off?

robnroll88
31-05-2015, 15:17
none at all Royal, some cars it can improve your times, i got my first pole online using the wheel yesterday with the traction control on, so to me it doesn't affect much at all :cool: you can set the traction control to still give you some slip also, it can help when you want to really put the pedal down exiting a corner a bit earlier