PDA

View Full Version : Game crashed during 24 hour le man's race

Que73
29-05-2015, 11:02
So, Im taking on the 2hr endurance race in career mode on ps4 at le man's and having a fantastic time, leading my class and second overall when the the game crashes to a black screen with only 13 minutes left of the race. I'm so pissed off, feel like I've wasted 1hr 47 minutes of my life. Is this an issue others have had? Are SMS aware of this issue? Will it be fixed in a patch? This is only the second time PC has crashed for me and the other time was at Le man's multiplayer after 15 minutes of qualifying and 10 minutes of game play. I can't face attempting this race again for fear of it crashing! Loving this game but this needs to be fixed!

Marrrfooo
29-05-2015, 11:06
That SUCKS man. Sorry to hear that. :(

lordymatsuo
29-05-2015, 16:04
A few people have had issues with this race, one guy did a 4 hour race and crashed 3 hours in, boy was he mad.

The crashing in general is being connected (unofficially) to overheating of the PS4, some suggestions have been make sure there is plenty of space around the PS4 especially the sides and back to allow air flow. Clean any dust from vents. I gave my PS4 more space at the back and it doesn't happen as often any more but still happening occasionally.

The PS4 is being tanked by this game, hopefully the dev's optimize further (I'm sure it's just a matter of priorities and time)

Xbox users had some major issues with controls in general I think so that was the highest priority for the last couple weeks, now they have a patch hopefully the dev's have more time to focus on other issues on other platforms which are less critical but still a pain when they happen.

Ian (The Boss) said a few days ago, the PS4 patch is weeks away when asked if it was "days/weeks/months" make of this what you will but hopefully 1-2 weeks until PS4 patch.

likewise
29-05-2015, 17:36
I have had my game crash about 10 times already (and YES I keep my PS4 clean and ventilated!) and the 24 hour Le Mans (A day in the life trophy) is looking out of reach at the moment!

LM24z
29-05-2015, 17:46
Same here... My PS4 has crashed a boatload of times more specifically during multiclass endurance events. It sucks because that is what I like most in the game, but I don't do many races over 2 hours for fear of crashing. I even built a little shelf to sit my PS4 on to make sure it's not overheating but that doesn't seem to do anything.

ImStylinOnYaBro
29-05-2015, 19:13
Mine hasn't crashed during endurance races....yet. i did notice it recently has been giving an error thing at the end of seasons and crashing randomly. last time it crashed i was beginning my final season to get Hall of Fame and when it crashed, it corrupted my data and i gotta start from scratch.

Fanapryde
04-06-2015, 12:50
Watkins Glenn 3hr American Endurance Championship with RWD P30 LMP1 in career mode.
After little over an hour racing, I got a black screen and a strange sound (no idea where it came from) and got kicked out of the game.
PS4 message box popped up for reporting the issue.
Entered PCars and i will have to restart the race, nothing seems to be saved...
Bummer... :distrust:

PS4 is new, stands clear and ventilated and did not feel warm...
No idea what happened.
Le Mans 24 worked without issues..., Bathurst 25 neither (apart from me destroying my headlights)

EDIT:
Jus finished the AEC in Watkins Glenn. Going back to "today's events" the race is still open ?
In dashboard the race is recorded and driver standings too !? Be it that there are only 6 drivers listed and that while racing I was in position 1/6. There were 30 or 40 competitors.

Edit 2:
Wanted to make sure and restarted the race (practice and qualifying is locked). After half an hour (also only 6 drivers listed) same problem, black screen followed by the blue PS4 screen and message.
And oh yes' my T500RS slammed to the left stop and stayed there...:frown-new:

Edit 3:
Fan chat is still about the pole, nothing about the race win.

I am stuck here !

Edit 4:
Tried it again: black screen and kicked out after 2hrs10"
But n o way to proceed to another race, or even to quit for that matter.

Tried it once again, lowered AI to 60%, took 4 laps on nr. 2 and while pitting for fuel, gave the wheel to BOB.
BOB was 12" slower most of his laps, but he kept the lead and finished the race with still 2 laps ahead. No game crash this time !?

Results were recorded (though the leaderboard shows only 6 competitors - in the race it always said pos 1/6) and the fans got wild: another win !
and look: the next race is unlocked now.

Since I noticed @R2Dom2 also had a crash with a LMP at Watkins Glenn, there may be a bug there !!!

KK78
04-06-2015, 12:55
4 crashes in the LMP1 Endurance, between 50 minutes and over 2 hours in- Road America, Le Mans (x2) and the other American track which I forget the name of. I chose to abandon the season because I'm not sure my temper would manage another crash. Again it's not the PS4 because it has operated perfectly after each crash, hope this get's looked into.

R2Dom2
04-06-2015, 15:49
Only 1 crash so far. Ironically after cleaning my PS4 (it wasn't dusty at all surprisingly) about half an hour into a session. Jaguar LMP at Watkins Glen, just going into the chicaine at the top of the hill and boom! Wheel went crazy, black screen and then message on PS4 saying it wanted to report a serious error. I don't believe it was heat related as my fans weren't blowing too hard.

davthewave
12-09-2015, 07:08
hi there!
happened to me too AFTER 21 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was playing the 24 hour LeMans trying to get the trophy A Day In The Life. had just done over 21 hours( and was in the lead), started playing yesterday morning until just now when suddenly my game crashed leaving me with the blue sceen of death and the option to report it to Sony.

as i was driving the slower Marek LMP2 car this means i had to race most of the race myself and only occasionally using my AI driver. you can imagine i am raging right now at this complete waste of my time and effort.. bye the way my PS4 was well ventilated and i had a fan blowing on it, so it did not overheat.

i feel i have done more than enough to have gained this trophy and through no fault of my own i have had it taken away. i have played this game now for well over 160 hours and really wanted to get the Platium for my collection but will defo not be going for this trophy again as i fear this could happen once more if i tried this race......so bloody annoyed at this.
thanks for your time.

Mr.Smoke
12-09-2015, 21:43
I got a black screen the other day & my PS4 completely shut down. It wouldnt turn back on until i unplugged it from the wall & plugged it back in. Was waiting to join an online lobby with friends when it happened. I keep the system clear & clean. Fans werent even running while it happened & havent had any troubles since. Really struck me as odd.

ymy
08-10-2015, 07:17
Im taking on the 2hr endurance race in career mode on ps4 at mount panorama bathurst. After 1hr 50 minutes....crash. Black screen,...lost progress, and not the first time. l've wasted 1hr and 50 minutes of my life, without getting any result.
Thank you SMS, you sold me a broken game! :( Will buy dlc?... for what?... for another black screen? :( No, thanks!

KK78
08-10-2015, 16:05
Jeeez, is this still happening to people?

I managed to do the 24hr after many crashes, never be touching the endurance mode again that is for sure

Raptor 660
08-10-2015, 21:20
I havent started career mode yet ( waiting for my wheel to arrive ) i have only raced in free practice and the game has crashed 3 times on Laguna race way, while testing the F1 out.

It sucks that this happens in career mode to, because i have really been looking forward to try endurance race and to push my self.

I'm new to pcars and KK 78 is right, this shouldent still be happening to people..

Borez
08-10-2015, 22:29
Yep, getting the crashes here too. Several the other day in LMP1 championship. This is my fourth championship too ( defending 3 times ) never had any issues before the last update. Freezes, black screen and then the PS4 problem page.

I have a 2 hour le Man I want to do now and I wouldn't be a happy camper if it crashed half way through.

KK78
09-10-2015, 09:37
The Endurance Championship gave me the most issues, not the Le Mans race itself, I had 6 crashes in that Championship at between 50 minutes and 4 hours. Needless to say I abandoned it, never to return.

Skid Solo
12-10-2015, 15:13
Career Mode end of season 2 Le Mans 2 hrs race crashed twice once at 35 minutes and again at 1 hour 15 minutes. Really enjoying race and would love to complete but would also love to carry on with career. Not sure how I can do that now as I don't have option to skip event as I have already qualified

Cholton82
12-10-2015, 15:42
Can I just ask for those that have done the 24hrs of le man in 2 hours real time is the night / day cycle adjusted to suit ?

davthewave
12-10-2015, 18:58
Can I just ask for those that have done the 24hrs of le man in 2 hours real time is the night / day cycle adjusted to suit ?

If I remember correctly doing the 2 hour option will still result in needing to race for some time in the dark.

HiSpeeder
12-10-2015, 20:26
So, I was doing the le mans 24 hrs in career mode today (set to 2 hrs - and yes the day/night cycle is there just as it was at the Bathurst 25hrs when I did that one), and halfway through Project Cars crashed! :mad:

I was in the lead, coming out of the final chicane onto the main straight with my left rear just slightly off the kerb as I did most laps, then the screen just froze and sound stuttered for a second, then black screen. After about 5 seconds I was staring at the Sony screen stating that a crash happened and that I could send the report in, which I did with pretty much this description. Extremely annoying! No other apps were running on the PS4, I had in fact just booted up the PS4 for the race after I did the qualification earlier today.

Before patch 4.0 I had many crashes, this was the first one post patch 4.0, unfortunately during an endurance race. Such a shame.

Fre.Mo
13-10-2015, 06:57
So, I was doing the le mans 24 hrs in career mode today (set to 2 hrs - and yes the day/night cycle is there just as it was at the Bathurst 25hrs when I did that one), and halfway through Project Cars crashed! :mad:

I was in the lead, coming out of the final chicane onto the main straight with my left rear just slightly off the kerb as I did most laps, then the screen just froze and sound stuttered for a second, then black screen. After about 5 seconds I was staring at the Sony screen stating that a crash happened and that I could send the report in, which I did with pretty much this description. Extremely annoying! No other apps were running on the PS4, I had in fact just booted up the PS4 for the race after I did the qualification earlier today.

Before patch 4.0 I had many crashes, this was the first one post patch 4.0, unfortunately during an endurance race. Such a shame.

I also had a crash when bottoming out in the hill climb of Spa, maybe the crashes are caused by a bug in the suspension model (like the landmine issue)???

HiSpeeder
13-10-2015, 10:46
I also had a crash when bottoming out in the hill climb of Spa, maybe the crashes are caused by a bug in the suspension model (like the landmine issue)???

Hmm, good point. Didn't think about it before, but it did seem there was a bit of a weird bobbing up and down of the car after I hit some bumps after the second chicane on the long straights the round. Was driving the RWD LMP1.

Only once ever experienced the suspension land mine bug once before, when my Caterham went ballistic during a career race at Donington. But that must have been around patch 2.0.

Let's hope SMS picks up on these crashes soon as they properly ruin doing an endurance event with no option other than starting all over again.

On endurance racing in Project Cars: I seem to like it and it's nice to play around with how to manage the pit stops, although it seems the AI is either extremely hard on its tires or runs too little fuel. They need to pit way more often than me in the 2 different endurance events I've seen now. Compensates nicely though for the odd mistake driving through the gravel or scraping a wall by me ;) The other McLaren F1 harassing me at Bathurst pitted roughly every 20 minutes while I could do 30 minutes. At Le Mans I drove the RWD LMP1, the other RWDs couldn't really follow but there were two 2011 Audi LMP1s (the one without KERS but high HP) that were close on lap time and way faster through the final section but needed to go in every 7 or 8 laps. I could last 11 to 12 laps on fuel, and the soft tires only needed to be changed every 2nd pitstop. A bit too big a difference I guess, but gives the courage to drive on even when losing some positions on track.

rgersh
23-11-2015, 20:43
PS4 3.11 FW and PC 6.00 patch, 3h Le Mans – crashed after 2.5 hours. Slightly Mad Studios, that's really unacceptable!

rw02kr43
24-11-2015, 00:46
Mine just crashed on the last lap of a 2hr lemans. There was a buzzing and the game froze. Also I haven't been able to use Hulu since the patch. It says data is corrupt. I can't say for sure project cars update did it, but I can say that it was working before the update.