PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2015 (WEC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

jimmyb_84
29-05-2015, 12:01
bla bla bla

Blackvault
29-05-2015, 12:06
There's a good few of us from WMD going. I think around 20 in all! :)

Can't wait for it.

Pete

jimmyb_84
29-05-2015, 12:10
There's a good few of us from WMD going. I think around 20 in all! :)

Can't wait for it.

Pete

You are a lucky bunch this year could truly be a classic!

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 12:39
Not so lucky to be there, but haven't missed it on TV for the last few years - straight through the night, even when the commentary goes for a rest.

My choices. Wow, first, still have my doubts about the NISMO GTR LM being a front wheel drive, but wont write it off yet.

My choices - Audi for LMP1, Jota must have a good chance in LMP2 and in GT, being a addicted Ferrari fan, I can't choose any other in the GT class than AF Corse. If the Corvette don't have technical issues, they will give Ferrari a good run for their money though.

jimmyb_84
30-05-2015, 08:31
Not so lucky to be there, but haven't missed it on TV for the last few years - straight through the night, even when the commentary goes for a rest.

Some good news for this year is that all the TV cameras will be operated for the entire race! No night time switch off! Also you should mute Eurosport comms and sync radiolemans comms to the TV, loads better.

The overall victory will go to whoever spends less time in the pits, don't right anyone off although Porsche are looking strong with there huge 8 mega joules hybrid system! Watch Silverstone WEC highlights to see how powerful it is.

I cannot wait....

apexatspeed
30-05-2015, 09:58
I'll be pulling for Audi, but I won't be bothered if Porsche wins.

As a side note: I don't think Nissan will be competitive and I really doubt they will finish any of their cars.

jimmyb_84
30-05-2015, 10:48
You can never write Audi off at Le Mans only a fool does.

I think Nissan will finish atleast one car wether it was competitive at any point remains an unknown. Although I'm am jealous of there new slide that's built into there hospitality suit!

I shall post some LM test times when they are available.

jimmyb_84
31-05-2015, 09:11
Le Mans test day is live (via radio) at

www.radiolemans.com and live timing http://live.fiawec.com

all three Nissan's are running and it's currently raining

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 20:09
Nissan is way behind on the test day in LMP1-H. We will see if they are hiding performance, but I doubt it.

Psychomatrix
31-05-2015, 20:23
The only think that works well by nissan it's the marketing :) i hope that porsche wins. but at the end i can live with every winner. When you win a 24h race in le mans you have deserve it. For a example the 911 GT1 98 was not the fastest car and toyota are so much faster. But at the end of day it was a well deserved victory.

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 20:25
The only think that works well by nissan it's the marketing :) i hope that porsche wins. but at the end i can live with every winner. When you win a 24h race in le mans you have deserve it. For a example the 911 GT1 98 was not the fastest car and toyota are so much faster. But at the end of day it was a well deserved victory.

Seriously, I agree about the Nissan sentiment. They marketed the HELL out of the Deltawing and thing end up being a second rate moving chicane.

Robbo-92
31-05-2015, 20:30
I can't wait for the 24 hours of Le Mans this year, used to be the only endurance race I watched but this year I've watched both of the rounds so far and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. To be honest I would probably watch the whole race if it wasn't for a little thing called work :( I'll watch as much as I can but it won't be anywhere near the full 24 hours, I really need to start booking this weekend off in future years. Saying that If I booked it off I'd be awfully tempted to go which would be a great experience in itself :)

AbeWoz
31-05-2015, 20:43
should be a great race. as with the previous two rounds of the WEC, Porsche has been quickest so far but as we know, that doesn't translate to a victory. Audi has the Le Mans experience as well as one of the best driver trios with Lotterer, Treluyer, and Fassler, and they also are coming off two consecutive victories. Toyota will hang in there but I don't think they have enough to bring home the victory. Nissan, uh, given the test day times, no. GT: Being an American, I must root for the Corvette boys, particularly Tommy Milner since he is a fellow Virginian. Also pulling for Dempsey/Long in GTE-AM. Going to be an epic race regardless.

jimmyb_84
31-05-2015, 23:01
Nissan is way behind on the test day in LMP1-H. We will see if they are hiding performance, but I doubt it.

All 3 cars were running separate tests suspension, tyres (but it rained) etc...

I think they have much more but still off the pace, although did you see there speed traps? 340kph

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 01:06
I think Porsche is going to take back the crown this year, they have some great drivers, the cars are fast, and the team have one of the best Lemans history's going.

As for the Nissan, I hope and I really do hope it does well, but I can't help thinking that they should stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

AbeWoz
01-06-2015, 01:56
here's a pretty good vid about the GT-R LM. Works great in theory (on paper that is) but I think there is a reason that the majority of race cars in high caliber series (not counting WTCC, Rally, etc) are RWD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKerNGiERTs

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 02:03
I think Porsche is going to take back the crown this year, they have some great drivers, the cars are fast, and the team have one of the best Lemans history's going.

As for the Nissan, I hope and I really do hope it does well, but I can't help thinking that they should stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

I agree they should stop trying to reinvent the wheel. They created the Deltawing and car has not won anything. We will see if this attempt is as bad as that.

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 02:26
I can see the benefits to the nissan, and maybe if it rains this year the nissan will be in its element. The engineering is sound but i can't help thinking how well nissan will do if they go with a basic RWD MR platform. But hooray for the innovators I suppose, I seem to be remember me thinking wtf are doing when Audi rolled up with diesel powerd race car, and I'm sure people thought jaguar where loosing the plot when they got rid of drum brakes and rolled out with disk brakes. not long till qualifying when we should see if the nissan is holding anything back or not.

jimmyb_84
01-06-2015, 08:30
I can see the benefits to the nissan, and maybe if it rains this year the nissan will be in its element. The engineering is sound but i can't help thinking how well nissan will do if they go with a basic RWD MR platform. But hooray for the innovators I suppose, I seem to be remember me thinking wtf are doing when Audi rolled up with diesel powerd race car, and I'm sure people thought jaguar where loosing the plot when they got rid of drum brakes and rolled out with disk brakes. not long till qualifying when we should see if the nissan is holding anything back or not.

Think you've hit the nail on the head!

I also think Porsche are favourite IF they can keep it out of the garage! Never discount Audi and Toyota will be close still.... I really is too tight to call!

Elmo
01-06-2015, 08:46
I still give Nissan the benefit of the doubt. They missed the best part of the test day (in terms of track conditions) due to fixes on all 3 cars. When they ran at the end of the day together with the Porsche they were roughly 10-15s a lap slower.

My hope is that they can mix it with the Rebellions this year and bring at least one car to the finish.

Also I can't wait to see them running at night time with flames spitting out of the hood :cool:

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 12:08
I still give Nissan the benefit of the doubt. They missed the best part of the test day (in terms of track conditions) due to fixes on all 3 cars. When they ran at the end of the day together with the Porsche they were roughly 10-15s a lap slower.

My hope is that they can mix it with the Rebellions this year and bring at least one car to the finish.

Also I can't wait to see them running at night time with flames spitting out of the hood :cool:

I never thought about that, still at least they save energy on a window demister.

Invincible
01-06-2015, 13:02
I really doubt that the Nissans will see the night, even less the finish line. They had too many problems in the past and even had to pass on WEC events this year.

I just can't imagine their reliability being good enough to finish a 24h race.

mister dog
01-06-2015, 14:00
All i know is that this years Le Mans will be the most exciting in a long time, hope we don't get too much retirements in LMP1 so the pressure stays on.

mister dog
01-06-2015, 15:10
ps. Sorry for the double post, but this is worth watching only for Jay's comments alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_2N3tGMEg

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 15:14
much better than the Nissan vids, I'm sure they have only made this car to sell Nismo's new line of Engine oil's

Robbo-92
01-06-2015, 16:52
That Nissan actually looks great, really do wish them the best as they are being brave and trying something against the norm.

kilotango
01-06-2015, 17:12
14 entries for LMP1.. so im sure will be fantastic! It wont be the same without Tom Kristensen, but im pretty sure Audi will be at the top of podium somewhere

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 09:14
all LMP1 teams completed a full day of testing on the Le Mans Buggati circuit. No major problems reported!

LMP2 field is full of talent but I like the #34 with Laurens Vanthoor, Kevin Estre and Chris Cummings (Oak Racing) But really anyone could win it.

ENTRY LIST
http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/1/press_area/27/349/JTEST%20-%20Entry%20list%20with%20the%20driver%20line%20ups%20-%20V%2012%2005%202015.pdf

Elmo
03-06-2015, 09:37
all LMP1 teams completed a full day of testing on the Le Mans Buggati circuit. No major problems reported!

From yesterday:

In one weeks time I'll be already on the road to the Circuit de la Sarthe :cool:

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 17:23
That Nissan actually looks great, really do wish them the best as they are being brave and trying something against the norm.

Meh, I wouldn't call it brave. Do this same publicity stunt regularly. Make an "innovative" car and fail. Deltawing has not won anything. Zeod RC barely started the 24LM then disappeared forever. Now we will see how bad they do in qualifying. I am starting to think Nissan does this stuff just as a massive publicity stunt to get people into dealerships.

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 17:27
Meh, I wouldn't call it brave. Do this same publicity stunt regularly. Make an "innovative" car and fail. Deltawing has not won anything. Zeod RC barely started the 24LM then disappeared forever. Now we will see how bad they do in qualifying. I am starting to think Nissan does this stuff just as a massive publicity stunt to get people into dealerships.

The Zeod disappeared because they were building the LMP1. If it is publicity stunt and a con to get us in the dealerships then
A. There are cheaper ways
B. Surely more of us will go in if it actually does well/wins?

Just a thought.

Suppose haters guna hate...

cerbrus2
03-06-2015, 17:31
For anyone interest, you can download the app on iPad, (might be android as well) and its 7.99 for full race coverage starting with qualifying. Or you can pay a bit more and watch all the races. You have the option of changing between any in car cam you want (with no annoying commentators) or the main race feed. smart TV owners and Apple TV owners can swipe it to you TV to have the race on the big screen too. Even if you don't pay to have the race. The apps basic features are free, Live timing, highlight. Entry lists, news etc. it's a worth while app.

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 17:36
I forgot to mention the app, worth doing of you have no other way of watching although I won't personally pay unless they show every session IMO

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 17:48
The Zeod disappeared because they were building the LMP1. If it is publicity stunt and a con to get us in the dealerships then
A. There are cheaper ways
B. Surely more of us will go in if it actually does well/wins?

Just a thought.

Suppose haters guna hate...

I didn't say it is a "con" I am saying they are trying "innovative" ways to build publicity. They knew before hand that the Deltawing wasn't going to be competitive, but they built it just to be different. I see them trying really hard to be hipster and innovative; be different just to be different. It seems like they just want publicity. If they were in it to win they'd actually put forth cars that are competitive.

You can tell teams like Toyota and Porsche came in guns blazing and are trying to win. Trying to be different for the sake of what appears to be publicity doesn't impress the racer in me.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 18:20
I didn't say it is a "con" I am saying they are trying "innovative" ways to build publicity. They knew before hand that the Deltawing wasn't going to be competitive, but they built it just to be different. I see them trying really hard to be hipster and innovative; be different just to be different. It seems like they just want publicity. If they were in it to win they'd actually put forth cars that are competitive.

You can tell teams like Toyota and Porsche came in guns blazing and are trying to win. Trying to be different for the sake of what appears to be publicity doesn't impress the racer in me.

i agree 100%. Nissan did this shit again. They came out with a shit outlandish car just to catch headlines. They starve for attention, and found the easiest way to get it. If they came in with a regular prototype and finished 5th nobody would care, but if they come in with some stupid concept that wont work and come last they still get the hype. It is brilliant and disgusting. They treat Le Mans like a joke. Hopefully the prove me wrong by actually putting up a fight, but I dont see that happening. I just see them getting blasted by LMP2 cars for the third try in a row. I will be on the floor laughing as they get lapped. I wonder why they put the GTR name on it... :rolleyes:

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 19:22
i agree 100%. Nissan did this shit again. They came out with a shit outlandish car just to catch headlines. They starve for attention, and found the easiest way to get it. If they came in with a regular prototype and finished 5th nobody would care, but if they come in with some stupid concept that wont work and come last they still get the hype. It is brilliant and disgusting. They treat Le Mans like a joke. Hopefully the prove me wrong by actually putting up a fight, but I dont see that happening. I just see them getting blasted by LMP2 cars for the third try in a row. I will be on the floor laughing as they get lapped. I wonder why they put the GTR name on it... :rolleyes:

To be fair to Nissan they have entered a FWD LMP1 car because the regulations allow it, the regulations allow teams to be creative and try different solutions. It's one of the few disciplines of motorsport that allows such freedom, for example F1 cars aren't allowed to be FWD, they have to have the engine mounted directly behind the driver. I'm not saying they are right in entering a FWD car but at least they are trying something different, the car actually has some benefits as well if you watch the video posted earlier in the thread (with Jay Leno).

As for cars getting lapped? Everyone from 2nd down gets lapped numerous times, last year 2nd place finished 3 laps behind first and 3rd a further 3 laps behind second. Even in 2013 when the race was really close 2nd finished a lap behind the winner. That's the way it goes in endurance racing. Also the LMP2 cars are quick! Best LMP2 car finished 20 laps behind the winner (and only 4 behind the last in class for LMP1) in 2014, they aren't exactly slow.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 19:27
To be fair to Nissan they have entered a FWD LMP1 car because the regulations allow it, the regulations allow teams to be creative and try different solutions. It's one of the few disciplines of motorsport that allows such freedom, for example F1 cars aren't allowed to be FWD, they have to have the engine mounted directly behind the driver. I'm not saying they are right in entering a FWD car but at least they are trying something different, the car actually has some benefits as well if you watch the video posted earlier in the thread (with Jay Leno).

As for cars getting lapped? Everyone from 2nd down gets lapped numerous times, last year 2nd place finished 3 laps behind first and 3rd a further 3 laps behind second. Even in 2013 when the race was really close 2nd finished a lap behind the winner. That's the way it goes in endurance racing. Also the LMP2 cars are quick! Best LMP2 car finished 20 laps behind the winner (and only 4 behind the last in class for LMP1) in 2014, they aren't exactly slow.

1: Of course they said it helps. They wont say, "Yeah we built this car, buuuut it is slow." They said the same thing about the Deltawing when it came out. We see how far that car has progressed since its release. Somewhere between no where and backwards.

2: They are only trying something different to get attention. Like when a winey teenager. If they wanted to be taken seriously they should have just attempted to make a fast car. Maybe that is outside of their relm. A FWD "GTR" is a goodway to get headlines though.

3: I meant lapped in a timely fashion. In the beginning where they are just getting out run. Not due to any unforseen event.

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 19:28

Treating LM as a joke? How many Nissan powered LMP2 cars are there?

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 19:41

Oh yeah they build engines for Prototypes, but they definitely treat LM as a joke. Actually take a step back and look at their recent attempts at building prototypes. The Deltawing is a literal joke.

They even named this car a GTR. Why? Other real Nissan attempts have names not made for publicity. Look at the R390 and their Group C cars. Those cars were attempts at racing. Nissan in the last few years have been just trying to innovate for the sake of headlines. They are using the GTR name because it can translate to sales. When Nissan gets around to having a competitive car I'll believe they are not just trying nonsense for publicity.

Lets look at the LM commercial from the superbowl. Which I liked. It showed the career of a racecar driver. Then at the end they show him picking up his son in a car we had never really seen before. It looked like a production version of one of their last sedan concepts. Oh look a couple days later the new Maxima is out. Would you look at that.

When Nissan innovates and does something I'll be impressed. Shady attempts at innovating for headlines kills how I look at NISMO racing.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 19:41

All those customer teams and one factory team with a trio of joke cars just like the last few years. I know they sold a bunch of LMP2 engines. That is CLEARLY not what I am talking about.

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 19:46
1: Of course they said it helps. They wont say, "Yeah we built this car, buuuut it is slow." They said the same thing about the Deltawing when it came out. We see how far that car has progressed since its release. Somewhere between no where and backwards.

2: They are only trying something different to get attention. Like when a winey teenager. If they wanted to be taken seriously they should have just attempted to make a fast car. Maybe that is outside of their relm. A FWD "GTR" is a goodway to get headlines though.

3: I meant lapped in a timely fashion. In the beginning where they are just getting out run. Not due to any unforseen event.

News flash, new LMP1 car gets attention in the press! It would have gotten lots of attention either way, I remember the 2014 Porsche got a lot of media attention as well and that's a more conventional RWD LMP1 car.

Even if the car is slow it is its first race, they wanted to get at least one of the cars entered by the first race, for reasons I'm not sure on that never happened, same story with the second race round Spa I presume as well. The car despite all of its testing is making its debut on one of (if not the) biggest stage of them all, the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Will they get lapped? Undoubtedly, unless they have an ace up their sleeves. Looking at practice they seem to be 30 seconds off the pace, but I doubt they have finished working on the car as of yet so I expect the times to fall.

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 19:53
News flash, new LMP1 car gets attention in the press! It would have gotten lots of attention either way, I remember the 2014 Porsche got a lot of media attention as well and that's a more conventional RWD LMP1 car.

Even if the car is slow it is its first race, they wanted to get at least one of the cars entered by the first race, for reasons I'm not sure on that never happened, same story with the second race round Spa I presume as well. The car despite all of its testing is making its debut on one of (if not the) biggest stage of them all, the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Will they get lapped? Undoubtedly, unless they have an ace up their sleeves. Looking at practice they seem to be 30 seconds off the pace, but I doubt they have finished working on the car as of yet so I expect the times to fall.

It seems to me you keep looking past the Deltawing and Zeod. Nissan doesn't care about winning. They want advertising. All this time Nissan was supposed to be developing a car. What were they doing? Making videos and commercials driving backwards on COTA.

Lets take a look a Porsche's return to the 24LM. OMG they qualified second. We will see how Nissan does. If they slam out serious lap times and actually compete in the race I will take back every word I said.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 19:55

Yes new prototypes get lots of press, but new "game changing" prototypes get more press. I dont know how I can make this anymore clear. A regular Prototype doesnt get as flashy headlines. I am not rephrasing this anymore, sorry.

They didnt enter the first race, because they would not have been able to make major changes to the car. By waiting until Le Mans they were able to keep testing it with out having to be limited.

Also you are saying they havent finished, and I find that hilarious. What have they been doing all this time? While the other cars were locked in and were doing races Nissan has had the whole beginning of the season to finish this car by delaying it... What have they been doing all this time? Parading it out and painting it in Man City colors (a whole different off topic reason to hate it :chargrined: )?

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 19:56

I think we should let NISMO/Nissan do the talking on the track and we shouldn't dumb down what any new team/manufacturer is doing.

I don't think they will win but I want to see them finish at least one car this year and challenge later in the year for a WEC win.

Roadlayer
03-06-2015, 19:58
The Nissan will gain significant amounts of time with dry running and a settled race set-up. Their fastest time at the Test Day was set within the first hours running when they were still shaking down the cars, and before any major set-up work.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 20:05
It seems to me you keep looking past the Deltawing and Zeod. Nissan doesn't care about winning. They want advertising. All this time Nissan was supposed to be developing a car. What were they doing? Making videos and commercials driving backwards on COTA.

Lets take a look a Porsche's return to the 24LM. OMG they qualified second. We will see how Nissan does. If they slam out serious lap times and actually compete in the race I will take back every word I said.

It is funny. Lets look at recent returns to 24LM.
Peugeot Return to Le mans 908 HDi FAP: Qualified first and finished 2nd
Porsche 919: Qualified 2nd
Toyota returns with the TS030 (successor to the TS020. See what they did there? Didnt name it LF anything, Camry, GT86 or any shit like that): Qualified 3rd

These guys showed up to race and gave it a go. Only Peugeot got a podium I think, but I respect the other two for giving a real shot on their return.They didnt come with some wacked out car just to catch headlines.

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 20:10
Toyota returns with the TS030 (successor to the TS020. See what they did there? Didnt name it LF anything, Camry, GT86 or any shit like that): Qualified 3rd

These guys showed up to race and gave it a go. Only Peugeot got a podium I think, but I respect the other two for giving a real shot on their return.They didnt come with some wacked out car just to catch headlines.

Not to mention BMW came out with the V12 LMR. Ran 4th in practice and the V12 LMR scrapped its way to a victory in its debut 24LM.

jimmyb_84
03-06-2015, 20:17

Did you have the same attitude when Audi rolled up to LM with a diesel engine? how many wins now.... 13! And the Peugeot you mentioned used the innovative technology

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 20:19
Did you have the same attitude when Audi rolled up to LM with a diesel engine? how many wins now.... 13! And the Peugeot you mentioned used the innovative technology

HAHA you can't even compare the two. When Audi rolled up with a TDI they won their first 24LM.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/30261970d6ba3bb35538b5c4daa462fc/tumblr_inline_npc94imiyh1r914x1_500.gif

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Audi-R10-TDI-Le-Mans-Win-Biela-Pirro-Werner-1920x1440.jpg

I noticed that picture is almost identical to my avatar just a few wins, I mean years, apart haha.

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 20:33
Yes new prototypes get lots of press, but new "game changing" prototypes get more press. I dont know how I can make this anymore clear. A regular Prototype doesnt get as flashy headlines. I am not rephrasing this anymore, sorry.

They didnt enter the first race, because they would not have been able to make major changes to the car. By waiting until Le Mans they were able to keep testing it with out having to be limited.

Also you are saying they havent finished, and I find that hilarious. What have they been doing all this time? While the other cars were locked in and were doing races Nissan has had the whole beginning of the season to finish this car by delaying it... What have they been doing all this time? Parading it out and painting it in Man City colors (a whole different off topic reason to hate it :chargrined: )?

When I was saying 'finished' I was referring to setup work not actual components of the car.

Also its Nissan's press departments role to drum up support for the car and team, just because Nissan are spending more on the advertisement of said car doesn't mean they are spending less on car development. Afterall if Nissan can sell more cars because of the GTR LM Nismo then they will have more money to spend on the GTR LM Nismo.

Will it win? Goodness gracious no, the Audi, Porsche and Toyota are all very good cars this year and are most likely well ahead of the Nissan.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 20:51

Are you saying the GT-R LM uses innovative technology not seen in racing? I am not sure what is really new on it.

GT_Racing
03-06-2015, 20:53
When I was saying 'finished' I was referring to setup work not actual components of the car.

Also its Nissan's press departments role to drum up support for the car and team, just because Nissan are spending more on the advertisement of said car doesn't mean they are spending less on car development. Afterall if Nissan can sell more cars because of the GTR LM Nismo then they will have more money to spend on the GTR LM Nismo.

Will it win? Goodness gracious no, the Audi, Porsche and Toyota are all very good cars this year and are most likely well ahead of the Nissan.

I know what you meant by finished. It is just that being focused on Le Mans with nothing else standing in between you and it and then showing up not ready to absolutely destroy is pretty bad. My comments about them spending too much time in marketing is mostly tongue in cheek. The engineers team wasnt stopped to run the car up to Manchester.

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 21:29
I know what you meant by finished. It is just that being focused on Le Mans with nothing else standing in between you and it and then showing up not ready to absolutely destroy is pretty bad. My comments about them spending too much time in marketing is mostly tongue in cheek. The engineers team wasnt stopped to run the car up to Manchester.

It does depend on how they are going about their programme though, do they see the current car as a good base for future cars? If so they then may be taking a slower approach to the WEC to test the theory, make sure all the numbers add up and advance the design from there, or are they trying something bold in the hope it works, it could turn out to be either really.

As we have seen with Mercedes in F1 it can take a long time to become a dominant force and with arguably a tighter pack at the front in WEC it becomes harder to break into the front running pack.

o Mike V o
03-06-2015, 21:35
Really stoked to see how the Hulk does!

Robbo-92
03-06-2015, 21:46
Really stoked to see how the Hulk does!

I'd forgotten he was racing at Le Mans with Porsche, if he does well and enjoys it I can see him leaving F1 for a top drive in the WEC. All the top drives seem to pass him by in F1.

Rob Prange
03-06-2015, 23:19
The Nissan will gain significant amounts of time with dry running and a settled race set-up. Their fastest time at the Test Day was set within the first hours running when they were still shaking down the cars, and before any major set-up work.

The most worrying for Nissan wasn't the times as such but the lack of running, especially for one of the cars.

Being that much behind as they are, you'd think they would have been out there for eight hours straight. But they weren't, the cars stopped with issues on track several times as well.

As it stands now, the car is neither fast nor reliable. And that's not a particularly good place to be in. You can tell just by looking at their faces...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGgoKJJUkAAMLvh.jpg

mister dog
03-06-2015, 23:22
^ Haha a picture says more than a thousand words...

About Nissan, i understand people are being skeptical (as always), but if no one would try to innovate with new concepts like they are doing there wouldn't be much progress in the world. It will probably fail but i hope they stick with this now and maybe try again next year instead of coming up with another spaceship.

AbeWoz
04-06-2015, 01:47
im just hoping for a good race, in all classes.

Psychomatrix
04-06-2015, 08:41
sorry but in my opinion nissan use le mans more for marketing than for try to win this race. The concept of this car was never developed to be a strong opponents to audi, porsche or nissan. The car was on more marketing events than on test racks. Thats not the first time that nissan try to use le mans for PR. Btw the car looks cool. im sure the media give the car a lot of attention. Much more thrilling is the times that porsche and audi has set. Maybe a pole under 3:15 is possible. Thats so f...g fast than nearly 20 sek. faster than 15 years ago.

Rob Prange
04-06-2015, 11:50
Thats so f...g fast than nearly 20 sek. faster than 15 years ago.

While using much, much less fuel to get there. That's what makes the WEC truly great, it's not just great racing but it fuels development of solutions that are very much relevant to the problems mankind are facing in the future.

mister dog
04-06-2015, 12:04
Seeing F1 has gradually become such a dull borefest for many, there's a good chance WEC will take over as motorsports queen. Or that is what i hope at least.

cerbrus2
04-06-2015, 15:52
sorry but in my opinion nissan use le mans more for marketing than for try to win this race. The concept of this car was never developed to be a strong opponents to audi, porsche or nissan. The car was on more marketing events than on test racks. Thats not the first time that nissan try to use le mans for PR. Btw the car looks cool. im sure the media give the car a lot of attention. Much more thrilling is the times that porsche and audi has set. Maybe a pole under 3:15 is possible. Thats so f...g fast than nearly 20 sek. faster than 15 years ago.

Le Mans has always been a marketing race. That's what started the bloody thing in the first place.

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 07:14
V1 of Andy Blackmores spotters guide is available to print or save!

A must have!

http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/15lm/

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 07:25
V1 of Andy Blackmores spotters guide is available to print or save!

A must have!

http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/15lm/

Thanks for that Jimmy

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 07:38
Thanks for that Jimmy

I've also added the live timing link to first post too

hkraft300
05-06-2015, 08:21
struggling to find the article on the net, but I read somewhere the Nissan GT-R LM is really easy to drive in the wet and its tire life has been great in testing. kind of makes sense. less/fast pitstops and good pace in the wet would be great advantages. if what the drivers say is true, they can go easy (in the rain) to retain reliability and still be strong contenders for the win...
but given their lack of test/ race time, they're buggered if the race stays mostly dry!

mister dog
06-06-2015, 14:51
Question; Who here paid for member access at the FIA WEC site? I'm thinking on getting the Le Mans package in the hope i will be able to follow the full race via their stream, with no breaks or static cameras during night time (onboards?).

Do you get enough 'bang for the buck'?

jgaganas
06-06-2015, 15:08
Question; Who here paid for member access at the FIA WEC site? I'm thinking on getting the Le Mans package in the hope i will be able to follow the full race via their stream, with no breaks or static cameras during night time (onboards?).

Does this include post-race-streaming (race archive)? Like MotoGP/V8 Supercars streaming-services?

jimmyb_84
06-06-2015, 17:19

You will get full add free stream, and for the first time in history no static cameras during the race, they will be operated for the full race! Radiolemans are not doing app comes WEC have hired there own.

mister dog
06-06-2015, 18:15
You will get full add free stream, and for the first time in history no static cameras during the race, they will be operated for the full race! Radiolemans are not doing app comes WEC have hired there own.
Seems i join at the right moment then :) Thanks!

jimmyb_84
06-06-2015, 18:22
Seems i join at the right moment then :) Thanks!

You certainly did, overnight should now be epic..er

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/05/06/improved-overnight-tv-for-2015-le-mans-24-hours.html

jimmyb_84
07-06-2015, 09:00
A must listen too, Radio Le Mans preview everything you will need to know if you are going or watching from home, like me...

Radio Le Mans LM24 previews
Part 1
http://audio.rpix.org.uk/2015/features/2015_lm_pre_gt.mp3

Part 2
http://audio.rpix.org.uk/2015/features/2015_lm_pre_p2.mp3

Part 3
http://audio.rpix.org.uk/2015/features/2015_lm_pre_p1.mp3

I have also added this to first post.

Elmo
07-06-2015, 09:12
Highly recommended, listened to Part 1 & 2 yesterday while driving.

jimmyb_84
07-06-2015, 09:20
Highly recommended, listened to Part 1 & 2 yesterday while driving.

I'm working my way through them now, a must listen too every year. Also getting my A3 spotters guide printed Wednesday

mister dog
07-06-2015, 10:36
Aren't we being fanatic :)

jimmyb_84
08-06-2015, 08:37
The rumour of Ford's return to Le Mans to be announced June 12th at Le Mans?

It's quite well documented, however nobody knows if they are to compete in WEC or TUSC or both?

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/events/c63la7desu9nn30kgjcl5qet2ls?authkey=CNOxw4P3277bzQE

I have added the link for the LIVE announcement

June 12th
2pm (I assume GMT time from the source Ford UK)

Elmo
08-06-2015, 08:52
Moved your thread into the Le Mans Jimmy. No need to spread the topic thin, it can be discussed perfectly within this thread.

On topic: The word on the street has it that it will be a full WEC effort in 2016 + selected events in TUSC. Debut will be most likely Petit Le Mans this year.

jimmyb_84
08-06-2015, 09:08
Must admit I read similar, cannot wait for the details with Ferrari releasing a the new GTE next year too.

I've also heard whispers of a new LMP1, BMW are rumoured for 2017. Apprently it's not them them will be announcing... something French maybe?

jimmyb_84
08-06-2015, 12:01
The Aston #97 "Art" car livery has been released!

Thoughts?

Raven403
08-06-2015, 12:18
The Aston #97 "Art" car livery has been released!

Thoughts?

Gross, like almost every single "art" car before it. To me theres nothing "art" about it. Its like looking at an Aston sitting too close to a RGB TV set. Who comes up with this crap. And what passes for Art these days is incredible.

mister dog
08-06-2015, 12:31
The circus is in town it seems, and the clowns drive an Aston.

jimmyb_84
08-06-2015, 12:57
Gross, like almost every single "art" car before it. To me theres nothing "art" about it. Its like looking at an Aston sitting too close to a RGB TV set. Who comes up with this crap. And what passes for Art these days is incredible.

I'm not a fan either, my Mrs said "they may as well painted a penis on it"

Umer Ahmad
09-06-2015, 04:29
http://youtu.be/g4NGz9Z3FDs

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 04:30
The WEC should get some better translators for their youtube channel.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 16:46
It's like dazzle camo. For those not familiar, it was an old naval painting scheme that was designed to be so disturbing to look at it would cause a person to avert their eyes. Imagine having the Aston passing you as you're coming up on a turn. Boom goes the dynamite.

jimmyb_84
09-06-2015, 17:17
First image of the ADDESS LMP3 car have arrived and it think it looks stunning!

More info here http://www.endurance-info.com/en/adess-ag-presents-the-adess-03-lmp3-sports-car/

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 17:19
First image of the ADDESS LMP3 car have arrived and it think it looks stunning!

More info here http://www.endurance-info.com/en/adess-ag-presents-the-adess-03-lmp3-sports-car/

That thing looks bad ace.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 18:17
I'm pulling hard for the Viper Exchange team. I'm also pulling for Corvette to be denied a podium.

mister dog
09-06-2015, 18:22
It's like dazzle camo. For those not familiar, it was an old naval painting scheme that was designed to be so disturbing to look at it would cause a person to avert their eyes. Imagine having the Aston passing you as you're coming up on a turn. Boom goes the dynamite.

And this will be the new thing i learned today. Thanks! :)

jimmyb_84
09-06-2015, 18:28
I'm pulling hard for the Viper Exchange team. I'm also pulling for Corvette to be denied a podium.

No question marks where you're loyalty is! ;)

jimmyb_84
09-06-2015, 18:30
Updated first post with timetable and times!

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 18:44
Qualifying is coming. It will be so fulfilling when the NISMO "GTR"-LM gets smoked.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 19:41
Qualifying is coming. It will be so fulfilling when the NISMO "GTR"-LM gets smoked.

Nissan LMP never succeed, no matter the car.

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 19:43

Yeah not including this one they have all been failures. I am in the camp that says they dont even try. They just build crazy cars to get more headlines than the rest. This car in particular seems like a GTR and FWD marketing excercise.

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 19:45

I'm not so sure about that. If Nissan came with a normal car and not a marketing exercise they might actually be competitive. Nissan has a long impressive racing history. It is just their recent attempts at prototypes have been failures and/or unsuccessful.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 19:45
Yeah not including this one they have all been failures. I am in the camp that says they dont even try. They just build crazy cars to get more headlines than the rest. This car in particular seems like a GTR and FWD marketing excercise.

I don't think it's that they don't try, it's that they don't have the technical expertise to go with their wild ideas. They're using a KERS, but they haven't decided yet whether they want to run the front or rear wheels with it.

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 19:48
I don't think it's that they don't try, it's that they don't have the technical expertise to go with their wild ideas. They're using a KERS, but they haven't decided yet whether they want to run the front or rear wheels with it.

I thought it wasnt working well enough so the question was to use it on the rear wheels or not use it at all. I dont think they havent decided which wheels they want driven yet. It would be too late to change the car at this point.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 19:51
I thought it wasnt working well enough so the question was to use it on the rear wheels or not use it at all. I dont think they havent decided which wheels they want driven yet. It would be too late to change the car at this point.

Not what the head engineer said on Jay Leno's Garage.

Fyrwulf
09-06-2015, 19:57
I'm not so sure about that. If Nissan came with a normal car and not a marketing exercise they might actually be competitive. Nissan has a long impressive racing history. It is just their recent attempts at prototypes have been failures and/or unsuccessful.

Even the R391 was a relative failure and that was fairly conventional. Come to that, the GT1 R390 wasn't all that successful.

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 20:11
Not what the head engineer said on Jay Leno's Garage.

Yeah I think that was old. They were still testing in the US back then, but I guess we'll find out what happened when qualifying hits. Or when the race is over and we get a 3rd party report.

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 20:12
You can't compare those cars to the Deltawing which gets beat by LMP2 cars and the Nissan "GTR"-LM that is about to get destroyed come qualifying time. The Deltawing literally gets beat by LMP2 cars.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvheegzadY1qjqzoeo3_250.gif

Fyrwulf
10-06-2015, 01:43
No question marks where you're loyalty is! ;)

Nope. I wouldn't hate the Corvette if their design team weren't such ripoff artists. It's so bad that even when people do speculative renderings of the rumored C8 they rip off other car designs. Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Toyota FT-1, and who knows what else. Hell, I can't decide if their Daytona Prototype is "inspired by" a Saleen S7 or Bugatti EB110SS.

GT_Racing
10-06-2015, 01:46
Nope. I wouldn't hate the Corvette if their design team weren't such ripoff artists.

Im just curious so dont attack, but what are you talking about?

Fyrwulf
10-06-2015, 02:57
Im just curious so dont attack, but what are you talking about?

C3 looked like a Lamborghini Miura, C4 looked like a Ferrari Testarossa (or any model going back to the 208), C5 looked like a cross between the 512 and 456, and C6 you start to see Viper styling cues mixed in with the C5, the C7 is a blatant ripoff of the Dodge Viper, and then the supposed Zora looks a re-badged Ferrari. Hell, the Astro II concept, which was supposed to be Chevy's answer to the GT40, looks exactly like (you guessed it) a GT40 from the rear.

This is why car guys make fun of old men with Corvettes. Since the 3rd generation Corvettes have been mid-life crisis surrogates for real dream machines.

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 13:17
First practice begins in (45mins of writing this) track conditions are reportedly wet/damp so don't read too much into it.

I will post results for you all later

mister dog
10-06-2015, 13:21
First practice begins in (45mins of writing this) track conditions are reportedly wet/damp so don't read too much into it.

I will post results for you all later

Can't wait to try out the WEC stream :)

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 13:27
it should live, as its live on European TV if not tune into radiolemans

Marrrfooo
10-06-2015, 13:36
I was reading about the Nismo earlier and - technologically speaking - it sounds absolutely batshit brilliant and outside the box.

Not sure if it'll work but there's some fantastic logic and engineering working in that thing you know...

How many other cars do you know have parts of them inside a vacuum because otherwise they would emit a sonic boom?! :p

Madhatter1213
10-06-2015, 13:37
I wait all year for this week of racing should be one great weekend I'd love to see a toyota win just because they are the under dog. I am hoping the viper and scuderia corsa ferrari place well with dempsy proton on the steps at the end and either of the corvettes in pro for a class win. I wish the tv coverage was better in the us too much channel switching and tablet viewing for my taste but I'll watch as much as I can.

mister dog
10-06-2015, 13:41
http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/FRXX0048:1:FR

Rain and thunderstorms on thursday, mostly sunny on saturday and rain on sunday. Sounds like it will be tricky.

mister dog
10-06-2015, 14:27
Watching it live now, first thing i noticed is that SMS left out both the FM adds and the Porsche add over the circuit before their curves :)

Jezza819
10-06-2015, 15:24

I've had the WEC package since the series started and LeMans has always been left out video wise. Live timing and scoring have always been on it and I think there were some interviews being done but not actual race coverage. I hope they've changed that.

Fox Sports is supposed show 25 hours of coverage here in the US scattered across their networks and Fox Sports Go but I had trouble with their streaming on Fox Sports Go for the 24 Hours Of Daytona and had to go to the Tudor website for coverage.

What's the over/under on Nissan finishing the race? 1 car? I would have at least tried to run Spa to have some sort of idea of reliability instead of just showing up at LeMans for your first competition in a brand new design.

Laurens Van Rossem
10-06-2015, 16:49
Nissan only 20s behind, I'm actually pleasantly surprised

jgaganas
10-06-2015, 17:02
And, any predictions on the race win?

I'm going for the Nr. 18 Porsche (the black one)!

Dumas, Jani, Lieb

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 17:35

Dumas, Jani, Lieb

I'm going to say #1 Toyota, think Audi and Porsche will spent time in the garage

mister dog
10-06-2015, 17:39
I've had the WEC package since the series started and LeMans has always been left out video wise. Live timing and scoring have always been on it and I think there were some interviews being done but not actual race coverage. I hope they've changed that.
Yes it was seperate so i just got that for 9.99€, really good quality stream (HD) and tons of live onboards to chose from. Quite satisfied so far.

Jezza819
10-06-2015, 17:54
Yes it was seperate so i just got that for 9.99€, really good quality stream (HD) and tons of live onboards to chose from. Quite satisfied so far.

Cool. I would rather go that route too. Thanks.

AbeWoz
10-06-2015, 17:56
anyone know where I can stream Le Mans practice/qualifying here in the states?

Jezza819
10-06-2015, 17:56

Dumas, Jani, Lieb

If it comes down to a strategy call, I'm not betting against Leena Gade and the #7 Audi.

jgaganas
10-06-2015, 18:13
Yeah, Lotterer would be my second guess... lets see, it's going to be a long race :)

blankfile
10-06-2015, 18:15
You can buy the official stream ;)

http://live.fiawec.com/

tbh it is well worth the money. verry crisp hd stream.

Pink_650S
10-06-2015, 18:26
You can buy the official stream ;)

http://live.fiawec.com/

tbh it is well worth the money. verry crisp hd stream.

Lol, we just raced at Spa in the Speed 8, funny conincidence ;)

Mahjik
10-06-2015, 18:38
Moving to Off-Topic...

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 19:03
FP1 Results
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506101600_Free%20Practice/03_Classification_Free%20Practice.PDF

Speed Trap results(FP1)
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506101600_Free%20Practice/15_EventMaxiumSpeed_Free%20Practice.PDF

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 19:07
anyone know where I can stream Le Mans practice/qualifying here in the states?

Don't fox sports have it in america?

further info here
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/fox-sports-to-provide-flag-to-flag-le-mans-coverage/

I would recommend the WEC app if you don't have Fox Sports. After FP1 i've heard good comments apart from the comms team, but just mute them and take audio from www.radiolemans.com

knight01
10-06-2015, 19:44
Just a heads up,

Qualifying starts at 9pm UK time, 10pm Le Mans local time.

It's live on Eurosport HD channel.

jimmyb_84
10-06-2015, 22:17
FP2 Results
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/85_TEST%20DAY/201505311400_Test%20Practice%202/03_Classification_Test%20Practice%202.PDF
Speed trap results (FP2)
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/85_TEST%20DAY/201505311400_Test%20Practice%202/15_EventMaxiumSpeed_Test%20Practice%202.PDF

Nissan getting laps in, Porsche very quick! Audi had problems at the chicanes with a couple of spins.

Aston very quick in GT, Ferrari right with them.

AbeWoz
10-06-2015, 22:48
this race just got a whole lot more interesting with these initial qualifying times....

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506102200_Qualifying%20Practice%201/05_ClassificationByClass_Qualifying%20Practice%201.PDF

if Porsche can run problem free and manage traffic well they might run away with it..

Rob Prange
10-06-2015, 23:45
Merged with main Le Mans thread.

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 08:15
this race just got a whole lot more interesting with these initial qualifying times....

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506102200_Qualifying%20Practice%201/05_ClassificationByClass_Qualifying%20Practice%201.PDF

if Porsche can run problem free and manage traffic well they might run away with it..

I don't think they will definitely not all 3 cars, can see Audi having issues too. My money is on Toyota. Remember tyres too, Porsche will double stint max but Audi/Toyota will probably get 3 stints.

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 13:07
Do l see correctly, that Nissan now has a LMP1 car? :eek:
Thats pretty awesome, didnt know that :)

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 14:15

Have you been hiding under a rock?

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 14:18
l just dont follow the WEC that much.

jimmyb_84
I have added a weather radar to the original post now.

If you haven't looked check out post #1 for everything you need to follow the race, including practice and qualifying times.

jgaganas

Well, it's not exactly a real LMP1 one (yet)... but lets see todays Q ;)

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 14:21
Is it something like the Rebellion cars?

mister dog
11-06-2015, 14:23
l just dont follow the WEC that much.
Better start, it's a great series. Normally i always have the tendency to get sleepy when watching motorsports (even though i love motorsports), but yesterday i had my eyes wide open for the entire qualifying session. Great coverage on the WEC stream.

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 14:24
Is it something like the Rebellion cars?

ignore jgaganas, he's relating to Nissan's speed. yes it's in the top class with rebellion, Audi, Porsche etc etc

jgaganas
11-06-2015, 14:26
Yes it's way behind in speed (for now)... but of course it's LMP1 class.

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 14:29
There will be no free livestream for it, right?
l never watched a full 24h Le Mans race, only the splitted broadcast on EuroSport :(

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 14:31
l never watched a full 24h Le Mans race, only the splitted broadcast on EuroSport :(

If you have Eurosport they are showing the full race live, or you can subscribe to the WEC app. Also check out www.radiolemans.com for comms (they are the best) I always mute the TV and sync together

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 14:31

Not legally, no.

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 14:35
If you have Eurosport they are showing the full race live, or you can subscribe to the WEC app. Also check out www.radiolemans.com for comms (they are the best) I always mute the TV and sync together

Correct me if l'm wrong, but in the past years they also switched to other sports during the 24h race. l dont know, Cycling for example...

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 14:39
Correct me if l'm wrong, but in the past years they also switched to other sports during the 24h race. l dont know, Cycling for example...

I think it skips between Eurosport and Eurosport 2 throughout the race but between the two the full race is covered. Also if you have the facility both those channels work on Sky Go too

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 18:11
I think this would make the "GTR"-LM faster. Maybe it would help them get in front of the whole LMP2 field hahahaha

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--cm_zypm2--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ltdabzh6x36gkuanizov.jpg

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/nelson-muntz.jpg

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 18:19
I think this would make the "GTR"-LM faster. Maybe it would help them get in front of the whole LMP2 field hahahaha

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--cm_zypm2--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ltdabzh6x36gkuanizov.jpg

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/nelson-muntz.jpg

Considering how slow these cars are right now I would seriously bet that they would do better with this. (The 2015 GT500 cars are on par with 2014 LMP1 cars)

http://www.carxmotor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Nissan-GT-R-Nismo-GT500-33.jpg

Now that I think about it. I am now officially hyped for Fuji unless Nissan quits. If that car runs a slower time than the GT500 times I am going to need new lungs. Haha.

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 19:18
FP3/Qualifing 2
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506111900_Qualifying%20Practice%202/03_Classification_Qualifying%20Practice%202.PDF
Speed traps
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506111900_Qualifying%20Practice%202/15_EventMaxiumSpeed_Qualifying%20Practice%202.PDF

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 19:22
Don't forget, next quali session start 30mins earlier (in 8mins to be precise).

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 19:58
Don't forget, next quali session start 30mins earlier (in 8mins to be precise).

If someone was to ask for a "off the books" stream would it be cool for them to post it here?

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 20:03
If someone was to ask for a "off the books" stream would it be cool for them to post it here?

No, because they're not legal. *cough PM cough*

Inbekannt
11-06-2015, 20:20
The Nissan Lmp1 finally was faster than the quickest LMP2....

Jubis
11-06-2015, 20:27
Toni Vilander!!! Torilla tavataan!!! :triumphant:

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 20:28
The Nissan Lmp1 finally was faster than the quickest LMP2....

Jann the man taking it to the house. I like the Nissan drivers, but can't get behind the "GTR"-LM. That is good on them that they at least got one car past the LMP2 guys haha.

o Mike V o
11-06-2015, 20:50
Strange crash by Magnussen, there must have been some sort of mechanical failure there.

jimmyb_84
11-06-2015, 21:35
Jann the man taking it to the house. I like the Nissan drivers, but can't get behind the "GTR"-LM. That is good on them that they at least got one car past the LMP2 guys haha.

They are making great strides, I'd imagine a little more to come

mister dog
11-06-2015, 21:40
Just had something popping up in my mind; why don't cars of the same team go out together so they can benefit from drafting each other on the straights?

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 22:03
They are making great strides, I'd imagine a little more to come

"great strides" they passed the LMP2 field. Not impressive at all. I don't expect anything from a marketing exercise.

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 22:07
"great strides" they passed the LMP2 field. Not impressive at all. I don't expect anything from a marketing exercise.

The homies on jalopnik are the only people that agree Nissan just did this to get headlines and sell their FWD "sportscars".

cerbrus2
11-06-2015, 22:46
I gotta admit, considering the nissan is only running at around 650bhp. Compared to the 1200+ of the other lmp1 cars. I'm kinda thinking if nissan get the hybrid drive flywheel working, then the "publicity stunt" may well be bloody quick, not forgetting it the fastest in a straight line even with nearly half the power. Just lacks that grunt, to get it up to its speed quickly.

yusupov
11-06-2015, 22:49
at least its potentially interesting this year as a P2...really blows that after all the hype it almost might as well not be racing

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 23:03
Compared to the 1200+ of the other lmp1 cars.

What source do you have for 1200hp for any of the LMP1s? I have only seen the number 1000hp thrown around. I believe Nissan are the only people who claimed they would show up to the 24LM with 1200hp. I could be mistaken though.

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 23:33
I gotta admit, considering the nissan is only running at around 650bhp. Compared to the 1200+ of the other lmp1 cars. I'm kinda thinking if nissan get the hybrid drive flywheel working, then the "publicity stunt" may well be bloody quick, not forgetting it the fastest in a straight line even with nearly half the power. Just lacks that grunt, to get it up to its speed quickly.

The LMP2s were on it in the turns. The car cant turn. Thats one of its problems. It was supposed to counter not being able to handle by being faster in a straight line (it is actually running similar topspeeds to the other cars and is factually not the fastest), and being better on the tires. We'll see how it does on the tires during the race, but this car stands no chance on speed alone. I dont know why you said it has the fastest speed on the straight. You can look up the official results with top speeds from the 24hLM website.

IMO your comparison hurts the car more than it helps. It is barely faster than the LMP2 cars even though it is as fast as the LMP1 (cars in its class) in a straight line. The car cant put its power down or turn. I wonder why. :rolleyes: FWD really?

Rob Prange
12-06-2015, 00:05
What source do you have for 1200hp for any of the LMP1s? I have only seen the number 1000hp thrown around. I believe Nissan are the only people who claimed they would show up to the 24LM with 1200hp. I could be mistaken though.

Last year Toyota were the first to go beyond 1000hp, the other two manufacturers have made massive gains this year though.

Porsche is said to have 1300hp of combined performance at their disposal, keep in mind that this is of course just when the hybrid is active, not all the time.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 00:22
Last year Toyota were the first to go beyond 1000hp, the other two manufacturers have made massive gains this year though.

Porsche is said to have 1300hp of combined performance at their disposal, keep in mind that this is of course just when the hybrid is active, not all the time.

I have not seen a single reliable source that has said any car is putting out 1200hp let a lone 1300hp. I'll ask again, do you or the other guy have any source for this information?

On Porsche's official website they say over 900hp. I really doubt they are undercutting it by 400hp. Multiple places are saying the new 4MJ R18 is running about 830hp. For the TS040 I am seeing over 980 around 1,000hp. I haven't seen anything close to the 1200 or 1300 number.

chibeetours
12-06-2015, 01:25
Toyota toyota

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 06:23
I have not seen a single reliable source that has said any car is putting out 1200hp let a lone 1300hp. I'll ask again, do you or the other guy have any source for this information?

On Porsche's official website they say over 900hp. I really doubt they are undercutting it by 400hp. Multiple places are saying the new 4MJ R18 is running about 830hp. For the TS040 I am seeing over 980 around 1,000hp. I haven't seen anything close to the 1200 or 1300 number.

Well your not looking in the right place! It's been well documented by all "reliable sources" Check inside Toyota podcasts on www.radiolemans.com also see http://www.racecar-engineering.com and also try www.dailysportscar.com

within those podcasts I also hear Anthony Davidson confirming estimated Bhp. I'd question what your looking at I've know the Bhp output for well over a year.

Anyway rant over, the reason I came on here this morning is to let you all know the #63 corvette has been withdrawn from the race following its accident last night. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/corvettes-no-63-car-withdrawn-from-le-mans-after-accident/

Sportscar365 is also another reliable source you WILL see 1000bhp+ confirmed, your just not looking

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 06:26
Well your not looking in the right place! It's been well documented by all "reliable sources" Check inside Toyota podcasts on www.radiolemans.com also see http://www.racecar-engineering.com and also try www.dailysportscar.com

within those podcasts I also here Anthony Davidson confirming estimated Bhp. I'd question what your looking at I've know the Bhp output for well over a year.

None of those links provided show me anything. Those are all generic home pages. Do you have a specific place that disputes any number I posted above? How much horsepower do you think each LMP1 car has?

Fyrwulf
12-06-2015, 06:31
Anyway rant over, the reason I came on here this morning is to let you all know the #63 corvette has been withdrawn from the race following its accident last night. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/corvettes-no-63-car-withdrawn-from-le-mans-after-accident/

Well, that's a positive. Any chance of a last minute reserve joining at the bottom of the pole?

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 06:31
None of those links provided show me anything. Those are all generic home pages. Do you have a specific place that disputes any number I posted above? How much horsepower do you think each LMP1 car has?

I know, because I'm not doing the looking for you "find it yourself" all the info you don't believe is confirmed are all written on those websites.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 06:32
Well, that's a positive. Any chance of a last minute reserve joining at the bottom of the pole?

No chance of any replacement, field was set at test day, 55 cars will now start

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 06:36
I know, because I'm not doing the looking for you "find it yourself" all the info you don't believe is confirmed are all written on those websites.

Haha what ever man. If you can't provide proof that is on you. The whole point is the cars are not making 1200-1300 horsepower as stated by two other people.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 06:50
Ok what about page 97 of June's Motorsport Magazine?

also here, bit further down
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/06/03/le-mans-24-hours-race-preview-part-one-lmp1-2.html

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 06:59
Ok what about page 97 of June's Motorsport Magazine?

also here, bit further down
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/06/03/le-mans-24-hours-race-preview-part-one-lmp1-2.html

As I had already said. The only car claiming 1200hp coming into the race was Nissan and they aren't making anything even close to that. The HP figures are as I originally suspected.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 07:02
Haha what ever man. If you can't provide proof that is on you. The whole point is the cars are not making 1200-1300 horsepower as stated by two other people.

and here http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/sports-cars/wec-vs-f1/2/

and here http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/102204-new-toyota-lmp1-close-to-1000bhp

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 07:04

and here http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/102204-new-toyota-lmp1-close-to-1000bhp

See above answer. You are just confirming everything I have already said. All the numbers mentioned confirm the numbers I already have stated. The cars are not making 1200-1300hp.

Here is my original comment:

"I have not seen a single reliable source that has said any car is putting out 1200hp let a lone 1300hp. I'll ask again, do you or the other guy have any source for this information?

On Porsche's official website they say over 900hp. I really doubt they are undercutting it by 400hp. Multiple places are saying the new 4MJ R18 is running about 830hp. For the TS040 I am seeing over 980 around 1,000hp. I haven't seen anything close to the 1200 or 1300 number."

m355y
12-06-2015, 07:05
Dunno how Toyota have slipped back so far this season, seeing the #1 and #2, world championship winning cars fighting a pretty lonely battle for 7th and 8th on the grid and with the lead Rebellion within a stones throw of outqualifying them is a little odd. Maybe they'll come into their own over the race distance, but Porsche in particular seem have have found seconds and seconds relative. Looking forward to this.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 07:06
and here http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113112

and here http://www.eurosport.co.uk/wec/le-mans-24hr/2015/the-2015-le-mans-24h-race-preview-everything-you-need-to-know_sto4777545/story.shtml

GT_Racing
12-06-2015, 07:07

Dude I cant tell if you are reading what is posted here and what you are posting in those articles... Nothing you have shown shows that the guy (cerbus2) who made the original statement that every other LMP1 besides the Nissan has over 1200hp was correct. There are no facts to back that up, and nothing that you have shown even says that. I honestly dont get what you are saying.

The Nissan was the only car that was ever reported to have 1200hp. The other cars are probably hovering around 1000 and this has not been disputed by anybody but cebrus2 who said that they all have 1200hp and Rob Prange who said that the Porsche has over 1300hp. Those numbers are completely made up. Again only the Nissan LMP was claimed by a manufacturer or reliable source that it had 1200hp and it showed up with less.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 07:07
and here http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113112

and here http://www.eurosport.co.uk/wec/le-mans-24hr/2015/the-2015-le-mans-24h-race-preview-everything-you-need-to-know_sto4777545/story.shtml

What are you doing? Are you even reading the comments? Nothing you have posted has shown any car is making a 1200-1300 hp. The Nissan is the only car that claimed they'd make that, but they are not making anything close to that.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 07:09
See above answer. You are just confirming everything I have already said. All the numbers mentioned confirm the numbers I already have stated. The cars are not making 1200-1300hp.

Here is my original comment:

"I have not seen a single reliable source that has said any car is putting out 1200hp let a lone 1300hp. I'll ask again, do you or the other guy have any source for this information?

On Porsche's official website they say over 900hp. I really doubt they are undercutting it by 400hp. Multiple places are saying the new 4MJ R18 is running about 830hp. For the TS040 I am seeing over 980 around 1,000hp. I haven't seen anything close to the 1200 or 1300 number."

Porsche are producing the amount of BHP you mentioned however because it's Porsche they ain't going to tell us but do some complicated maths, they have set a new outright lap record at Le Mans beating everything before it EVER! 3:16 that beasts the last time we had 1000bhp car.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 07:11
Dude I cant tell if you are reading what is posted here and what you are posting in those articles... Nothing you have shown shows that the guy (cerbus2) who made the original statement that every other LMP1 besides the Nissan has over 1200hp was correct. There are no facts to back that up, and nothing that you have shown even says that. I honestly dont get what you are saying.

The Nissan was the only car that was ever reported to have 1200hp. The other cars are probably hovering around 1000 and this has not been disputed by anybody but cebrus2 who said that they all have 1200hp and Rob Prange who said that the Porsche has over 1300hp. Those numbers are completely made up. Again only the Nissan LMP was claimed by a manufacturer or reliable source that it had 1200hp and it showed up with less.

It is like he isn't even reading the comments. This is ridiculous and amusing all at the same time.

GT_Racing
12-06-2015, 07:13
Porsche are producing the amount of BHP you mentioned however because it's Porsche they ain't going to tell us but do some complicated maths, they have set a new outright lap record at Le Mans beating everything before it EVER! 3:16 that beasts the last time we had 1000bhp car.

It has been stated that the cars increased this year mostly in the corners. The cars are hitting the same max speeds on the straights as last year. The Porsche broke the record purely in the corners. It cant be proven that they gained it in the corners, but that is just what the "experts" are saying. Either way you cant say just because they run faster laps they have more horsepower.

The cars are probably running near 1000hp just like almost everyone and everywhere says. Only two people have said otherwise. Only cebrus2 and Rob P. have said they are running over 1200 and there is no factual information to back that up.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 07:15
It is like he isn't even reading the comments. This is ridiculous and amusing all at the same time.

Zoo be honest I'm not, got better things to do rather than argue you you lot. Post your own result and stuff up

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 07:19
Zoo be honest I'm not, got better things to do rather than argue you you lot. Post your own result and stuff up

I already did. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about, so I guess this is over. Maybe the two original people I was talking to will some how pull some source out of nowhere that proves their claims. I am going to make it very clear to you. The only people claiming 1200 hp was Nissan. They are not making anything close to that because their car is not prepared correctly. None of the other LMP1 cars are making 1200-1300hp and never claimed they would. The numbers have been stated by the teams. You are posting links that are just proving me right. Hahaha it is quite funny.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 07:21
It has been stated that the cars increased this year mostly in the corners. The cars are hitting the same max speeds on the straights as last year. The Porsche broke the record purely in the corners. It cant be proven that they gained it in the corners, but that is just what the "experts" are saying. Either way you cant say just because they run faster laps they have more horsepower.

The cars are probably running near 1000hp just like almost everyone and everywhere says. Only two people have said otherwise. Only cebrus2 and Rob P. have said they are running over 1200 and there is no factual information to back that up.

Thank you for being rational and reading the previous comments before making yours.

jimmyb_84
12-06-2015, 07:24
I already did. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about, so I guess this is over. Maybe the two original people I was talking to will some how pull some source out of nowhere that proves their claims. I am going to make it very clear to you. The only people claiming 1200 hp was Nissan. They are not making anything close to that because their car is not prepared correctly. None of the other LMP1 cars are making 1200-1300hp and never claimed they would. The numbers have been stated by the teams. You are posting links that are just proving me right. Hahaha it is quite funny.

Haha, if you say so I was just arguing over 1000bhp. I am a paid journalist reporting on WEC so you believe what you like about what I may or may not know....

Enjoy the race, I'm off this forum now wasting too much of my time

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 07:53
Well qualifying went well for Nissan! :p once again work has intervened meaning I wasn't able to watch any meaningful amount of the qualifying (caught ten minutes last night) but I'm surprised how much time the lmp1 cars have gained over 2014, it's around 5 seconds isn't it?

Jescott71
12-06-2015, 08:04
Dunno how Toyota have slipped back so far this season, seeing the #1 and #2, world championship winning cars fighting a pretty lonely battle for 7th and 8th on the grid and with the lead Rebellion within a stones throw of outqualifying them is a little odd. Maybe they'll come into their own over the race distance, but Porsche in particular seem have have found seconds and seconds relative. Looking forward to this.

Toyota Motorsport seem more concerned with their WRC Yaris than WEC at the moment, which is a shame.

SK8RBOI
12-06-2015, 09:04
Toyota's pole lap last year was a 3:21.789.
This year there fastest time was a 3:23.543.

Now this years times have been at least 2 seconds faster at Silverstone and spa, and 5 at Least Mans. So why are they so slow in Q?

Toyota must be testing there WRC Yaris engine, or holding back for the race on Saturday.

AirFlight101
12-06-2015, 10:32
OMG Porsche's qualifying was so strong. But the race is about 24 hours and not about starting from the pole position. I'm very disappointed about Nissan, they are some kind of fakers i think. Huge marketing but nothing behind it.
I'm waiting for LeMans about one year. Can't wait much longer! ;)

Fyrwulf
12-06-2015, 11:33
OMG Porsche's qualifying was so strong. But the race is about 24 hours and not about starting from the pole position. I'm very disappointed about Nissan, they are some kind of fakers i think. Huge marketing but nothing behind it.
I'm waiting for LeMans about one year. Can't wait much longer! ;)

I don't buy the Nissan marketing theory. Being terrible at racing isn't good marketing. I think they're just bad at designing race cars.

SK8RBOI
12-06-2015, 12:05
Derp! You guys are missing something hear! They have had less then a year of testing and only built the first chassis November! If you where paying attention you would know that the cars have developed between last season and this one, that's development Nissan never had!
You also missed when Ben bowlby said they where not running hybrid. If you are going to say stuff like that. Make sure you know all the facts!

AirFlight101
12-06-2015, 12:38
I knew that. BUT in my opinion you can aware a more competitive car than this ones anyways. 2 of 3 cars dropped out last weekend at first tests after just some rounds.

spinkick
12-06-2015, 15:22
any good places to watch online?

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 15:47
I know the thread is about this year's Le Mans, but ford just did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVa4mlFZEmM

Doesn't the rear look like this:

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 16:34
Derp! You guys are missing something hear! They have had less then a year of testing and only built the first chassis November! If you where paying attention you would know that the cars have developed between last season and this one, that's development Nissan never had!
You also missed when Ben bowlby said they where not running hybrid. If you are going to say stuff like that. Make sure you know all the facts!

Yes, but Nissan has known they were going to make this car for a while. They intentionally skipped the first races of the season to prepare the car for 24LM. They spent all their time making commericals instead of actual development and now they have nothing. Their car is completely uncompetitive. There are plenty of cars that have been competitive at their first 24LM. This is solely from Nissan not really caring, but just want a huge publicity stunt.

xsomnivmx
12-06-2015, 16:50
They intentionally skipped the first races of the season to prepare the car for 24LM. They spent all their time making commericals instead of actual development and now they have nothing.

As someone who is involved with making commercials for a living... let me say..one has nothing to do with the other. no car commercial i was ever involved (or any other commercial) had any contact with people who MAKE the products.
The new Nissan is a completely new idea of making a lmp1 car, so no wonder it doesn't perform as well as the standard formula. let's wait till 2016 le mans and judge the concept then. Maybe it's a stupid idea, front engine, fwd. maybe it just needs more time.
Its not really a "huge publicity stunt" beeing the slowst - and... ask 100 people and 99 wont care about a le mans lmp1 car... it'll be more like "whats a "lemon"?"

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 16:56
That Ford GT looks nice (well the rear looks ok I guess), wonder if it actually will utilise some of their Eco boost technology or if it's just pure advertising. You'd have thought round Le Mans less fuel used the better so it would make sense to use an Eco boost engine.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 17:02
As someone who is involved with making commercials for a living... let me say..one has nothing to do with the other. no car commercial i was ever involved (or any other commercial) had any contact with people who MAKE the products.
The new Nissan is a completely new idea of making a lmp1 car, so no wonder it doesn't perform as well as the standard formula. let's wait till 2016 le mans and judge the concept then. Maybe it's a stupid idea, front engine, fwd. maybe it just needs more time.
Its not really a "huge publicity stunt" beeing the slowst - and... ask 100 people and 99 wont care about a le mans lmp1 car... it'll be more like "whats a "lemon"?"

I wasn't being literal. The idea is that they put a lot more effort into their viral marketing than they did in trying to win this race. The same went with the Deltawing. Just marketing ploys to bring attention to Nissan.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 17:33
Nissan gets grid penalites for not making the 110% rule. (kind of funny)

Toyota has announced they are getting rid of their V8 and Super capacitor for next year (2016). They will probably go with something small like Porsche. Should be interesting. I assume that means they will change the name as well.

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 17:36
That Ford GT looks nice (well the rear looks ok I guess), wonder if it actually will utilise some of their Eco boost technology or if it's just pure advertising. You'd have thought round Le Mans less fuel used the better so it would make sense to use an Eco boost engine.

They said it's and Ecoboost TwinTurbo V6.

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 17:45
They said it's and Ecoboost TwinTurbo V6.

Ah did they, haven't read up on it as I've been out and about most of the day :)

o Mike V o
12-06-2015, 17:52
That diffuser though..

http://gifs.gifbin.com/042009/1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

GT_Racing
12-06-2015, 18:02

In fords eyes anything sports or truck-like with a V6 turbo that can be used for marketing (to make ecoboost seem cool) is an ecoboost. They put ecoboost on there as many times as Mazda put skyactive on their joke LMP2 car. :dejection:

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 18:16
That little poke in a ferrist eye at the end made me smile :D

Eric Rowland
13-06-2015, 06:57
That diffuser though..

Some said the same thing about the "Batmobile" diffuser on the McLaren MP4/5B.

Alan Dallas
13-06-2015, 08:25
Same engine that was developed in this winning car:

The Chip Ganassi Racing Ford Riley DP @ 2015 24h of Daytona.

The Engine by Roush-Yates:

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 12:36
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10uqt7_24h-inside-the-2015-le-mans-24-hours-tv-channel_sport
Live now

cptkermite
13-06-2015, 13:22
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10uqt7_24h-inside-the-2015-le-mans-24-hours-tv-channel_sport
Live now

Is this showing the race? First time ever I follow LeMans and have really been wsting for this.

A the moment it looks like they only do interviews and no racing?

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 13:23
Is this showing the race? First time ever I follow LeMans and have really been wsting for this.

It was, it's on Fox Sports though

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 13:27

Nismo GTR LM Live stream from the cockpit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrcKvv-4pE

Porsche livestream, five cars:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsandracing/motorsport/worksracing/raceseries/fiawec/livestreaming/

cptkermite
13-06-2015, 13:29

Nismo GTR LM Live stream from the cockpit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrcKvv-4pE

Porsche livestream, five cars:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsandracing/motorsport/worksracing/raceseries/fiawec/livestreaming/

Great, thanks alot! So to be able to see the "whole" race you need to get FOX sport.. thats a bummer

Ian Bell
13-06-2015, 13:40
I'm enjoying it but since when did the top echelons of motor racing become about using the least fuel and the least 'energy', the arbitrarily imposed limits of which if surpassed, cause an automatic 'lift and coast' function to save yet more fuel and energy?

Really, let them burn what they want and refuel as often as they want. This is motor racing, not a Green Party political broadcast!

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 13:43
I'm enjoying it but since when did the top echelons of racing become about using the least fuel and the least 'energy', the arbitrarily imposed limits of which if surpassed, cause an automatic 'lift and coast' function to save yet more fuel and energy?

Really, let them burn what they want and refuel as often as they want. This is motor racing, not a Green Party political broadcast!

That ship has sailed I'm afraid. Too much hybrids, electric turbos, slow ass nissans for my taste.

KartKingCorre
13-06-2015, 13:44
I'm enjoying it but since when did the top echelons of motor racing become about using the least fuel and the least 'energy', the arbitrarily imposed limits of which if surpassed, cause an automatic 'lift and coast' function to save yet more fuel and energy?

If they really want to save fuel, they should change it into the 23h of le Mans

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 13:50
That nissan running with an open door :hopelessness:

BanjoMaster
13-06-2015, 13:51

When it became of primary importance to the motor industry as a whole? How about looking at it from another angle; look how spectacular the cars are and the racing is whilst at the same time they're at the bleeding edge of energy recovery technology. If it can tick both boxes then why not?

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:01
I smell porsche RSR barbecue :D

Ian Bell
13-06-2015, 14:06
When it became of primary importance to the motor industry as a whole? How about looking at it from another angle; look how spectacular the cars are and the racing is whilst at the same time they're at the bleeding edge of energy recovery technology. If it can tick both boxes then why not?

Because road cars normally roll at 30 MPH around city streets with the occasional 70MPH on motorways. When in the city they rarely get much speed up, when on the motorway they rarely brake.

The concept of collecting/recovering energy from a car doing 200MPH into massive braking areas bears almost no relationship whatsoever with the real world. I want my racing cars screaming like monsters.

No racing car should be lifting and cruising.

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 14:08
I smell porsche RSR barbecue :D

Spectacular stuff!
Good that he made it out of the car quickly :)

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:15
Spectacular stuff!
Good that he made it out of the car quickly :)

Scared as hell I can tell. The thing just busrt in flames for no aparent reason.

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 14:18
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the Rebellion cars is?
They have no competitors?

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:22
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the Rebellion cars is?
They have no competitors?

Well funded team, by purpose you mean propulsor?

If so, it's and AER P60 Twin-Turbo V6 Diesel on an oreca chassis.

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 14:25
No, really their purpose in the WEC. They always race lonely behind the big manufacturers, its so sad :(

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:26
No, really their purpose in the WEC. They always race lonely behind the big manufacturers, its so sad :(

I think they wanna be the best private team, and they are. ON my eyes they should split the P1 into PRO and Factory, no private team have the amount of funds of an factory team.

The private teams use thrid party technology when factory teams always develop new tech for faster results, or greener results :P

In Nissan's factory team case there's a heavy comedy factor

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 14:30
Scared as hell I can tell. The thing just busrt in flames for no aparent reason.

oil line or fuel line came loose, I would suspect the oil line from the trail of cement dust now on the track ...

mister dog
13-06-2015, 14:35
Someone on GTP just heard Project Cars being mentioned during the 24h broadcast on the official app. I missed it but apparently they talked about how it was crowd funded and had accurate engine sounds. :)

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:45
That beaver aston tho

m355y
13-06-2015, 14:46
Keeps going to a f****ng break just as something happens.

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 14:48
Keeps going to a f****ng break just as something happens.

Fox is kidding us, I'm thinking about pay the 9 bucks to watch over the official Le Mans 24H App

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 14:52
Yea, same on EuroSport :( Every 10 minutes!
Also when the race restarted, they showed a freaking interview on full screen :dejection:

mister dog
13-06-2015, 14:53
Get the app people, it will save you a lot of frustrations ;)

Robbo-92
13-06-2015, 15:49
If I was watching the full 24hrs I would get the app, unfortunately work is getting in the way!

CorvusCorax
13-06-2015, 15:52
Big crash for the Audi #8...

Robbo-92
13-06-2015, 16:07
Tremendous work from the Audi pit crew though!

mister dog
13-06-2015, 16:10
Tremendous work from the Audi pit crew though!

Well it was just clicking parts on to be honest.

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 16:10
The Nissan NIsmo GTR LM Blocking the pit lane, huahuahuahua I could hear the online players hating auhauhauh

Robbo-92
13-06-2015, 16:14

Still though, was only in the pits for 4 mins and 12 seconds! They changed the front, rear and engine cover, still impressive work :)

GenBrien
13-06-2015, 16:22

and duct tapes
can fix everything in minutes with that;)

jgaganas
13-06-2015, 16:22
Really tough cars, that was quite a (scary) crash.

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 16:24

Yeah, but the driver was safe, the cockpit is like a vault, just let the wheel go and wait for the crash.

CorvusCorax
13-06-2015, 16:26
Indeed, it holed the barrier.

CorvusCorax
13-06-2015, 16:28
Meanwhile another Porsche thinks it's Doc Brown's Delorean. Cooling issues?

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 16:33
Meanwhile another Porsche thinks it's Doc Brown's Delorean. Cooling issues?

I don't think so, looks like a faulty part leading to oil leak and time travel attempt.

Soon the safety R8 is going to need a pit stop.

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 16:53

Yep, suddenly 10 cars on one spot, the crash was inevitable :(
The Audi wasnt paying enough attention.

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 16:56

Yeah, it was a mix of not enough attention and track marshal mest up. They flag green right on the botton of a yellow light.

jgaganas
13-06-2015, 17:00

Driver said (interview), a marshal was waving green flag, so he stayed flat out...

CorvusCorax
13-06-2015, 17:06
Ha now the #8 is back on the lead lap. Amazing!

TheReaper GT
13-06-2015, 17:07
Ha now the #8 is back on the lead lap. Amazing!

Le Mans sorcery

Robbo-92
13-06-2015, 17:11
I'm sure I heard that the driver saw a green flag yet his steering wheel was saying yellow? Anyway sounds like it as a slight mixup on flags and too many cars all in one spot all slightly unsure of the conditions they were under at that time.