PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] XB1 MP Questions (Ian get in here you gorgeous hunk)

dwaynediblade
29-05-2015, 12:19
Hello all,

So yeah looks like patches are rolling out good stuff! I have great confidence that within a month or so we will have a game that very stable.

However, one issue I feel has not been addressed is the multiplayer search options, on Xbox Live this whole get thrown into any lobby thing is getting old, the search time can roll into the minutes and no guarantee a game will be found (even though there are clearly tens/hundreds available).

What I would like to know and I will make this simple for you Mr Bell because I have a soft spot for you;

1. Is SMS proactively working towards having a similar system on XB1 as is on PS4 and PC?
2. Is there a possibility this will never be solved and we will be stuck with this system?
3. Whats your favourite colour?

Also one thing that may help with finding a good lobby is having a minimum player search filter, ofcourse this would not be necessary with a search system like the other platforms.

Raven403
29-05-2015, 12:26
Also what is the Airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Sonic6L
29-05-2015, 12:27
Some say he likes the colour brown and that if you poke him too much he'll bite your arm off.

All we know is, he's called the Bell!

Stephen Viljoen
29-05-2015, 13:05
I'm not Ian, but can confirm that we are investigating doing 1. :)

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 13:06
Hello all,

So yeah looks like patches are rolling out good stuff! I have great confidence that within a month or so we will have a game that very stable.

However, one issue I feel has not been addressed is the multiplayer search options, on Xbox Live this whole get thrown into any lobby thing is getting old, the search time can roll into the minutes and no guarantee a game will be found (even though there are clearly tens/hundreds available).

What I would like to know and I will make this simple for you Mr Bell because I have a soft spot for you;

1. Is SMS proactively working towards having a similar system on XB1 as is on PS4 and PC?
2. Is there a possibility this will never be solved and we will be stuck with this system?
3. Whats your favourite colour?

Also one thing that may help with finding a good lobby is having a minimum player search filter, ofcourse this would not be necessary with a search system like the other platforms.

How could I resist that :)

1. Yes.
2. No, as above, we're on it. I agree it needs improving.
3. Blue, but that sort of bluey sheen blue that comes off the top of cars in Gran Turismo Bullshots.

Outlier
29-05-2015, 13:06

African? Or European?

Raven403
29-05-2015, 13:28
African? Or European?

"What? I dont know that!"

Excellent. Glad that didnt go unanswered. Kudos Outlier

BatteredSav
29-05-2015, 13:34
"What? I dont know that!"

Excellent. Glad that didnt go unanswered. Kudos Outlier

*thrown into canyon*

DECATUR PLAYA
29-05-2015, 13:43
For you guys trying to set up rooms under the current system I found this very simple thing to work towards your room getting more action. It may be a coincidence but if you let the room go live as we call it your room gets more traffic through it. Taking the room live quite simply means to start your practice session. We found that if we sat in the original lobby nobody would come in but when we go and start our practice session people start popping in left and right. Hope this helps.

Cliffyboy1962
29-05-2015, 14:07
Since I know Mr Bell is looking at this thread, I want to hijack and pose some questions on my mind (apologies if these have been covered in other threads)

Things I miss about Forza 5 that I wish Pcars had :-

Structured leaderboards including friends and instant scrolling to bottom of board to see total entries and date stamps.

Car painting/sharing of paints. (Least important)

Infinite saving and sharing of tunes.

Multiplayer refinements as mentioned above.

I am sorry, everything about Pcars is awesome but in the long term these things would be the icing on the already extremely delicious cake. Smiley face.

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 14:11
Since I know Mr Bell is looking at this thread, I want to hijack and pose some questions on my mind (apologies if these have been covered in other threads)

Things I miss about Forza 5 that I wish Pcars had :-

Structured leaderboards including friends and instant scrolling to bottom of board to see total entries and date stamps.

Car painting/sharing of paints. (Least important)

Infinite saving and sharing of tunes.

Multiplayer refinements as mentioned above.

I am sorry, everything about Pcars is awesome but in the long term these things would be the icing on the already extremely delicious cake. Smiley face.

Yes. It's all about priorities. We will add a lot over time.

Cliffyboy1962
29-05-2015, 14:17
Fully understand priorities. So many issues, so many demands. Good luck sorting it all out. Hope they are paying you enough.

skijumptoes
29-05-2015, 14:24

My missus tells me that a laden swallow is pretty darn salty .....Does that help in any way?! :hopelessness:

As for airspeed, i would say it's more gravity fed.

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 14:26
Fully understand priorities. So many issues, so many demands. Good luck sorting it all out. Hope they are paying you enough.

I pay me the big bucks.

Dynomight Motorsports
29-05-2015, 14:31
Nice to see Devs interacting with the Community! After all, its called Project (Community Assisted Racing) :D

PeoplesChampion
29-05-2015, 14:51
My missus tells me that a laden swallow is pretty darn salty .....Does that help in any way?! :hopelessness:

As for airspeed, i would say it's more gravity fed.

L4velle
29-05-2015, 15:00
For you guys trying to set up rooms under the current system I found this very simple thing to work towards your room getting more action. It may be a coincidence but if you let the room go live as we call it your room gets more traffic through it. Taking the room live quite simply means to start your practice session. We found that if we sat in the original lobby nobody would come in but when we go and start our practice session people start popping in left and right. Hope this helps.

I agree with this. If you setup maybe 10 min practice and between 15-30 mins qualifying you should see more traffic through the lobby as it is already live. You may find people quitting the lobby due to the locked drive option bug where you can in the garage but you don't get the option to drive in the session

NoUseForAName83
09-06-2015, 08:15
I pay me the big bucks.

:cool:

Drave
09-06-2015, 11:53
As someone else said, as a developer is looking at this thread here's a weird and unrelated question. For myself however this is a serious issue:

I can play Forza or Forza Horizon for hours at a time, day after day with no issues - but if I play Project cars or Grid Auto Sport (on XBox 360) after an hour or so I can barely see the screen; they both have a seriously detrimental effect on my eyes.

Is this frame rate? Detail in the graphics? There must be some fundamental difference between the way the visuals of Forza and Project Cars are delivered.

It means that I can barely play the game, which is hugely disappointing. Maybe I am not alone in this, I have no idea. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian Bell
09-06-2015, 11:55
As someone else said, as a developer is looking at this thread here's a weird and unrelated question. For myself however this is a serious issue:

I can play Forza or Forza Horizon for hours at a time, day after day with no issues - but if I play Project cars or Grid Auto Sport (on XBox 360) after an hour or so I can barely see the screen; they both have a seriously detrimental effect on my eyes.

Is this frame rate? Detail in the graphics? There must be some fundamental difference between the way the visuals of Forza and Project Cars are delivered.

It means that I can barely play the game, which is hugely disappointing. Maybe I am not alone in this, I have no idea. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

You're particularly sensitive to tearing most likely.

This is massively improved in the upcoming patch.

Other possibility is that the pCARS is so intense you're focusing too hard :)

D1rty Duck UK
09-06-2015, 11:59
Any update on where SMS are with the potential changes to MP part of Project Cars on Xbox One?

I haven't managed to try the online yet due to the all issues and the fact that i can't get past searching for a multiplayer game for some reason...

Ian Bell
09-06-2015, 12:00
Any update on where SMS are with the potential changes to MP part of Project Cars on Xbox One?

I haven't managed to try the online yet due to the all issues and the fact that i can't get past searching for a multiplayer game for some reason...

We've fixed some bugs yes, as per the list.

Not getting on in the UK isn't normal though. I'm sure some of the guys here can help you.

Raven403
09-06-2015, 12:02
We've fixed some bugs yes, as per the list.

Not getting on in the UK isn't normal though. I'm sure some of the guys here can help you.

Does that include the lobby stability?

Ian Bell
09-06-2015, 12:04
Does that include the lobby stability?

Yes two stability issues there fixed IIRC.

Raven403
09-06-2015, 12:10
Yes two stability issues there fixed IIRC.

Sweeet :triumphant:

Raven403
09-06-2015, 14:07
Those stability fixes are in 1.4 Ian?

Drave
09-06-2015, 16:21
You're particularly sensitive to tearing most likely.

This is massively improved in the upcoming patch.

Other possibility is that the pCARS is so intense you're focusing too hard :)

Indeed P Cars is fantastic, though I suspect it is more likely to be the 'tearing' you mention... which I shall now look up and find out what it is!

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated

s1yfa
09-06-2015, 16:35
Indeed P Cars is fantastic, though I suspect it is more likely to be the 'tearing' you mention... which I shall now look up and find out what it is!

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated

I feel the pain, tearing really makes my eyes suffer too. Basically (really basically!) the screen looks like two or more images have been sliced up and mashed together to make a single image. It happens really fast though, a lot of the time it's not immediately noticeable but after a while your head feels it. I had the same with GAS too.

Really looking forward to the patch as I love doing the endurance races, but I have to pause for a break quite often which ruins my rhythm.

Pugamall
09-06-2015, 18:14
I feel the pain, tearing really makes my eyes suffer too. Basically (really basically!) the screen looks like two or more images have been sliced up and mashed together to make a single image. It happens really fast though, a lot of the time it's not immediately noticeable but after a while your head feels it. I had the same with GAS too.

Really looking forward to the patch as I love doing the endurance races, but I have to pause for a break quite often which ruins my rhythm.

Maybe not quite the same thing, but one of our group of friends we game with suffers problems only with racing games, and more intensely with pCARS,

after watching him it transpires he doesn't blink when racing (at all, the whole race length), so weird, he goes into a trance like state, he says he just feels he's concentrating, but he also suffers next day with aching shoulders and forearms,
again it's because of his sheer concentration, as he hunches his shoulders and tenses up while on game-pad,
so if we play for hours, by the end, he cant see properly, his eyes stream and hurt, and his body physically hurts, ha ha, and only with the racing genre

Cliffyboy1962
09-06-2015, 18:26
Maybe not quite the same thing, but one of our group of friends we game with suffers problems only with racing games, and more intensely with pCARS,

after watching him it transpires he doesn't blink when racing (at all, the whole race length), so weird, he goes into a trance like state, he says he just feels he's concentrating, but he also suffers next day with aching shoulders and forearms,
again it's because of his sheer concentration, as he hunches his shoulders while on gamepad,
so if we play for hours, by the end, he cant see properly, his eyes stream and hurt, and his body physically hurts, ha ha, and only with the racing genre

I feel like that every day coz I am 53 years old !!! ;)

Cpt Sint
09-06-2015, 21:16
Is that an African or European swallow?

Drave
10-06-2015, 11:02
I feel like that every day coz I am 53 years old !!! ;)

LOL... Me as well, I'm also 53.

At 48 I was still racing off road on Enduro motorbikes; 3 months after my last race I was in a wheelchair with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), where I will now be for life.

My advice to anyone is 'do it now', whatever that is, because you have no idea what tomorrow will bring!