PDA

View Full Version : FFB problems when hitting curbs!

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 13:27
i use a Thrustmaster TX the ffb when hitting a curb is pretty much nonexistent, is there some settings i can change to fix this? the rest of the ffb isnt bad. its not the wheel because it works perfectly fine on forza

Raven403
29-05-2015, 13:33
Are you hitting an actual Rumble strip or are you hitting just a painted curb. Cuz if its just painted you wont feel it

Siberian Tiger
29-05-2015, 13:37
For even more feel on Vertical Forces you can upping the Fz Forces for more Feeling...

mister dog
29-05-2015, 13:38
i use a Thrustmaster TX the ffb when hitting a curb is pretty much nonexistent, is there some settings i can change to fix this? the rest of the ffb isnt bad. its not the wheel because it works perfectly fine on forza
Curb feeling is pretty low in general. Some argue that in real life you don't feel it through the steering wheel neither when you ride the curbs, but more through your butt and the chassis. I like it when i feel the vibration of riding them so i up the Fz scale in the car's FFB menu (tuning whilst you are in a session). Generally up it to at least 130 to get better feedback when riding those curbs.

GAT_Montana
29-05-2015, 13:47
Are you hitting an actual Rumble strip or are you hitting just a painted curb. Cuz if its just painted you wont feel it

Its not just that. Its also if you consider the weight transfer. If there is no weight on the inner wheels because you are in the turn, the wheels just slightly touch the curbs. Sounds strange but is simulated as well. And it is also car related.

Other sims are using canned effects, also to compensate the misinng effects from the chassis and your but. may be more convenient for many people because its usual in all the other racing games out there.

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 13:53
thanks ill give that a try but it just seems the ffb in all is not enough test on the computer are great and xbox1 is just very weak like when running head on into a wall which i tested.

Umer Ahmad
29-05-2015, 13:53

Which track? Which turn? Which kerbs? (just give one example please).

Guys, some of the kerbs are pretty flat and you will not feel anything ALTHOUGH you will still hear the rumble *sound*. The best place to feel kerbs is Road America, those are some quite tall 3D-modeled kerbs.

mister dog
29-05-2015, 13:57
Which track? Which turn? Which kerbs? (just give one example please).

Guys, some of the kerbs are pretty flat and you will not feel anything ALTHOUGH you will still hear the rumble *sound*. The best place to feel kerbs is Road America, those are some quite tall 3D-modeled kerbs.
No no, PCARS curb feel is pretty lacking at default settings :)

Umer Ahmad
29-05-2015, 14:03
Even at Road America? My G27 shakes the desk. But I am on PC so apples/oranges.

Raven403
29-05-2015, 14:17

Yup you said it. Hope 1.4 can get the Xbox feel closer to PC

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 14:19
donington park national pretty much all the strips either are really weak or non existent a few have good feel but some of them its weak

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 14:20
sorry i should have mentioned that the tests on my pc the wheel worked great but xbox one it was much weaker at least for project cars, forza works great with it tho so it cant be the wheel. has to be some settings in game. road america wasnt bad but some of the other tracks are.

mister dog
29-05-2015, 14:22

Must be a wheel thing then. My CSR doesn't give much feedback that way even @ Road America or the Nordschleiffe (which is notorious for having high curbs). Luckily We have the FFB sliders available to tailor everything to our liking. I was just having a discussion over at GTP as some want the FFB settings to be simplified and more of a 'one size fits all' thing, but the more i hear about the big differences people experience from wheel to wheel, the more i'm convinced having a lot of FFB options to compensate lack of feel is the best you can have.

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 14:23
just to bad on xbox one you cant change that in game or at least in free run

Raven403
29-05-2015, 14:23
The FFB on Xbox is still way off from how it is on PC regardless of how many options you have.

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 14:25
at least its with the settings and its fixable (hopefully)

imapogostick
29-05-2015, 15:40
actually i fixed it, upping the tire force to 200 in ffb menu and then tuning the ffb master scale on car (bmw 320) to 70 instead of 24. helps alot! thanks for the help tho! im sure this will help if i just do this to every car. gonna try and ill let you know

UPDATE: works SOOOO MUCH BETTER. (did it with ginetta g55) you can actually feel the car on straights as well. if anyone else is having this problem try this!