Free Practice
BMW Z4 GT3
Medium sun flare
Haze off
Platform:
Xbox 1
27.6% internal storage used.
Nothing plugged into USB 3.0

Sound is also distorted at every track randomly in some corners.
Edit: This is after Patch 1.3

nissan4ever
29-05-2015, 16:44
Game runs smoother on an external hdd (preferably @7200 RPM or better). Xbox One internal hdd is slow. Patch 1.4 will have 5-7% performance increase according to Ian Bell.

Dynomight Motorsports
29-05-2015, 19:44
Thanks for the helpful post. But they should have gave Xbox users a discount if we can only get 60fps with the Additional purchase of an external HDD. That's why I left PC, I was tired of upgrading every time a new game came out.

gds1972
29-05-2015, 19:48
I don't think the sound issues were resolved in this patch however the sound was improved due to some of the changes made to the controller settings.

thisisbleep
30-05-2015, 08:33
Thanks for the helpful post. But they should have gave Xbox users a discount if we can only get 60fps with the Additional purchase of an external HDD. That's why I left PC, I was tired of upgrading every time a new game came out.

It is a hardware issue, as seen by changing the install location, so really you should complain to MS for the slow internal hard drive.

The next few patches should help to optimise the game and reduce FPS loss in certain situations.

nissan4ever
30-05-2015, 10:00

Really? Microsoft internal hdd, is known to be slow, not to mention only 500gb. I personally couldn't wait for them to enable external hdd. When they did, I got me one to, 4tb worth. All my games are on the external hdd & all my apps/system apps are on my internal hdd. I should say I'm all digital this gen to.

David McKenna
30-05-2015, 10:20

You won't get 60fps with an external hard drive.

could_do_better
30-05-2015, 10:33
Oulton is choppy on my PC too at the chicanes. it's not too obvious why as there is not too much going on graphically there. It is likely a draw distance issue or a texture loading issue. Ian has said that that they are looking to optimise the artwork in some problematic areas. I saw this quite a lot through the WMD process, Imola used to be a killer on my system ( I have powerful but old GPU's with just 1Mb of Video RAM) but got optimised and now runs beautifully. I'm guess that in all of the complexity there is something that slipped through the net at Oulton, that can be optimised to bring the frame rates back up relatively easily.

I know its a little frustrating but the scale and scope of the game are huge and the improvements will keep coming, the guys are seriously committed to the long term of the franchise. PCars 1 will get 2 years of core updates and DLC. My advice is enjoy the game as it is today, and expect to get just as much pleasure from participating in the evolution over the coming years. I know i have.

If it is really horrible, leave Oulton for a while, learn a new track and watch out for updates in the patch release notes.

Dynomight Motorsports
30-05-2015, 12:13
Oulton is choppy on my PC too at the chicanes. it's not too obvious why as there is not too much going on graphically there. It is likely a draw distance issue or a texture loading issue. Ian has said that that they are looking to optimise the artwork in some problematic areas. I saw this quite a lot through the WMD process, Imola used to be a killer on my system ( I have powerful but old GPU's with just 1Mb of Video RAM) but got optimised and now runs beautifully. I'm guess that in all of the complexity there is something that slipped through the net at Oulton, that can be optimised to bring the frame rates back up relatively easily.

I know its a little frustrating but the scale and scope of the game are huge and the improvements will keep coming, the guys are seriously committed to the long term of the franchise. PCars 1 will get 2 years of core updates and DLC. My advice is enjoy the game as it is today, and expect to get just as much pleasure from participating in the evolution over the coming years. I know i have.

If it is really horrible, leave Oulton for a while, learn a new track and watch out for updates in the patch release notes.
That would be a great option if I didn't have a League race there in a week. As it is, it's very hard to learn a new track whilest the Frame Rate keeps effecting the screen. Since we are not in a real car all I have is the FFB that is available and any visual cues as to what the car is doing. My only solace is to know that everyone else will be effected too. But that apparently isn't the case either as some people's FPS drops aren't as bad as others. Still not fully convinced an External HDD is the answer, well at least enough to plop down $80-100 USD just to find out. I've already spent a good deal of money on the Xbox 1 w/kinect, Thrustmaster TX wheel w/GTE rim, and of course $60 for the game. Some on this site act as if money is no Object, and we should just be expected to keep investing in something that is so broken with only vague promises it will be repaired. The simple fact is Xbox1 is a "Matter of Fact" platform. Any Game developer knows the Requirements, Performance and System Specs of the Xbox1 Console going in. PC's come with a "Required" performance and a "Recommended" performance...
Sorry for my Rant, but I would prefer NOT to be told to go out and spend some more money, so I might be able to fix a problem. When the time comes I may buy an External HDD, but as of now I'm only using 25.9%, and I'm done spending money on this for a while.

Olijke Poffer
30-05-2015, 20:31
Patch is great, controller wise, but today I experienced massive frame drops on the Brno track. 19 AI cars, overcast weather. On some points of the track it looked more like a PowerPoint slide show than a 60fps race game.
Game is updated, installed on an external HDD, controller etc up to date. Xbox is always on power save mode so no cache issue.
I really do not know what to do to increase the frame rate..

Action at 0:35

http://youtu.be/DlMh5O2nmOo