PDA

View Full Version : A very sincere thank you

farobaba
29-05-2015, 15:14
To everyone who helped build this game, a huge thank you. To the developers and the owners who heard us, an even bigger thank you.

After playing Grand Turismo and then Forza, and seeing how the racers were being ignored over and over by Microsoft and Polyphony, it is great to see how there are guys here who actually listen to their members. I am proud to be a part of this community. I also noticed that the guys and girls racing online, don't quit even if they are 20+ seconds behind the pack. I love this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.:)

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 15:15
A very sincere thank you right back at you guys.

We would not be here but for your custom.

We will never see you as numbers on a spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Forcedchaos
29-05-2015, 15:35
Best racing game I have ever played and it's just going to keep getting better over time. First time I have ever used a FF wheel as well, what a difference!

Niveous21
29-05-2015, 15:39
Yeah, thanks devs...for the first time in my 30 years of gaming I have a callus on my left thumb, from the controller. It's all your fault :p

amazed
29-05-2015, 17:34
Have just gone from a Clio championship to the M1 Procar Invitational.....

I was giggling like a kid - that M1 is amazing after the Clio!

Looking forward to whatever other magic you guys can conjure up.

More power to your elbow!

Mr.Smoke
29-05-2015, 17:54
Hands down the best racing game i have played. The sense of immersion is absolutely astonishing, especially when coupled with a FFB wheel. I dont see a need for an eject button on my PS4 anymore since pCARS came out. Every day im anxious to get home & out on the track.

SMS & the WMD team have done a phenominal job with this game. Cant wait to see how much better it gets during the coming weeks/months.

jsydave
29-05-2015, 18:04
I have to say I'd struggled with not really "getting" FM5, not finding GT6 had enough depth and not finding Horizon my sort of thing.

But with pCARS my love for proper racing sims had returned. Ok, yes, there are issues (the setups not saving one is pretty irritating really) but I haven't had as decent a single player racer in a long long time. Enjoying and looking forward to seeing how things continue to develop. Thanks

Pr3t3nd3r
29-05-2015, 18:35
I can join the club without any regret! But please keep updating and fixing the game so we will be pleased to play this amazing game even more! DON'T abandon it to soon :(

flymar
29-05-2015, 18:41
keep updating and fixing the game so we will be pleased to play this amazing game even more! DON'T abandon it to soon :(Someone said it will be World of Warcraft in terms of longevity:)

Pr3t3nd3r
29-05-2015, 18:44
Someone said it will be World of Warcraft in terms of longevity:)

Some say yes xD Nice to hear that :D

Hlspwn
29-05-2015, 19:09
There's a reason I never brought an Xbox 1 ;) and stopped the forza franchise at 4.
Pcars suits me down to the ground, as I am a very casual gamer these days. I thought late night gaming was a thing of the past, until Pcars came along.

Great foundation, here for the rest of the ride.

Doug914
29-05-2015, 19:27
A very sincere thank you right back at you guys.

We would not be here but for your custom.

We will never see you as numbers on a spreadsheet.

Thanks.
Yup, thanks guys! I've been with Ian since the beginning, and this is the game we always wanted to truly do. Gtr2 was close, but this one is it. And Pcars 2 will be, well, you can imagine ;)

Mancunain
29-05-2015, 19:30
Ye, ive been meaning to say thanks too.. its got a similar feel to the old GT Legends game.. which imo, set the way back in the day :)
Project Cars has dragged me away from my mmo which i played for 3 yrs now.. no other game has managed that yet.. so well done \o/

Played for 3 days now, this may be my 4th but ive not raced yet xD Overall im impressed
A few creases indeed, but im sure the devs who created such a masterpiece can easily iron those out & fix a few bugs given time and decent feedback :)

The feeling when on the track is very good.. apart from my lack of knowledge of some tracks causing me to crash and other silly things xD

Also a great choice of cars so far.. keep it up ;) Graphics are amazing too !!
ive not even done solo quick races yet to see what cars i have :) i just did a few seasons and been online.. so i have much to discover yet..

The in car views are also very good.. previous games had cockpit views but overpowered the whole thing i think.. yours seem just right.. apart from the odd one whos mirrors are in weird positions ;)
The helmet cam too... i really like it.. I use that or cockpit view mainly on career.. but cockpit or plain screen online.. for now.. until im used to stuff.. I only found out yesterday i could adjust seat position to suit any car with cockpit/helmet cam views.. thats really simple but effective.. thanks again..

Weather is great, can be a pain in the ass at times, but hey, thats racing for you? it cant be sunny all the time, and if u live in the uk like me, we just expect rain :)

I also like the AI.. i know of some complaints around, but hey.. AI drivers being a bit random is a good thing.. dont nerf them !!

I like the practise/qualify too.. i know some dont xD but its good as i dont know some tracks and getting the cars set up for each race needs a few laps to work stuff out.. and if u get it anywhere near right, then there is a noticeable difference.. just a shame i know so little about all that stuff xD Alt & Tab doesnt always work you know !! and windows key never does :(

I really hope you can keep the content coming for this game, i dont buy many nowadays.. but once i do i play it for a long time.. im getting that feeling here so you people need to pull your socks up and get your heads down for me over the next few years thank you :P
Im not sure how long you can keep up the free content but if u can keep up free stuff, then your followers would appreciate it im sure ;)
right now i cant even think of much i really want added.. your posts on that subject is already building i see :) some small changes and options would also be good.. but i'l list those on another post..
as this one is for BIG THANKS

qwbufp
29-05-2015, 19:41
Thank you and I can't go back to Assetto Corsa as pCARS is so immersive and I guess I like the graphics engine ;) Looks gorgeous with my new SLI GTX 970 system. I missed the WMD registration period by 2 days but it was worth the wait.

F1Aussie
30-05-2015, 00:09
I agree, easily the best racing game I have ever played and it will be epic once the bags and do on are ironed out.

LM24z
30-05-2015, 01:02
Agreed....A BIG thanks! This is the game I've been dreaming about since first watching Le Mans back in 1999!

gotdirt410sprintcar
30-05-2015, 01:14
Yup, thanks guys! I've been with Ian since the beginning, and this is the game we always wanted to truly do. Gtr2 was close, but this one is it. And Pcars 2 will be, well, you can imagine ;) P cars 2 might send or systems to outer space or they will hover lol great game thanks!!!