PDA

View Full Version : Controller Advice

Sonic6L
29-05-2015, 18:39
Is there any documentation to go along with setting up the controller. I've using default mode 3 but it feels a tiny bit sluggish (I got used to the hyper sensitivity pre patch) so I'd like to make it a bit more sensitive.

Is it just the controller sensitivity I need to change or the speed sensitivity as well? If I up this what does it do? If I lower it what does it do?

Thanks for any and all help in advance. The game is completely transformed after the patch but still bummed about career mode.

Gooseone
29-05-2015, 18:52
Upping the steering sensitivity would suffice, maybe try mode 2 for a change.
Speed sensitivity limits your steering lock at higher speeds, if you increase this you will have less steering lock at speed but will be more stable, decreasing it could be perceived as gaining more sensitivity.

If that is still not enough you can set the steering ratio faster in the individual car setup screen under the alignment tab.

Umer Ahmad
29-05-2015, 18:56
For the Sensitivities if you lower the number then the response will be slower initially and if you increase the number the initial response will be faster.

That applies for: Steering, Braking, Throttle, Clutch

Sonic6L
29-05-2015, 19:22
Upping the steering sensitivity would suffice, maybe try mode 2 for a change.
Speed sensitivity limits your steering lock at higher speeds, if you increase this you will have less steering lock at speed but will be more stable, decreasing it could be perceived as gaining more sensitivity.

If that is still not enough you can set the steering ratio faster in the individual car setup screen under the alignment tab.

Thanks. I'll try that out, what does the controller filtering do?

@Umer I have all of my deadzones set to 0, throttle sensitivity is 30 and brake sensitivity is 20. Clutch is 0 but I don't use clutch because I run automatic. I'll only ever drop down a gear if the auto box doesn't do it and sticks in 2nd when I feel like the car should be in 1st.

Gooseone
29-05-2015, 20:05
Controller filtering makes it so that tiny / micro movements you make with the stick are not registered.

Sonic6L
30-05-2015, 12:30
Controller filtering makes it so that tiny / micro movements you make with the stick are not registered.

Thanks. I've got it to the point where I like it now. Just wish I could progress in career, I can't get into any online races either but I rarely play online so this doesn't bother me.