PDA

View Full Version : Engine keeps blowing up in exact the same place (BUG?)

jack1984
29-05-2015, 19:28
Hi everyone,

So I was busy during practice session on the Catalunya circuit with the Mitsibushi Lancer Evo and something very strange occurred. When existing the pits I do my outlap and here there are no problems. However, then I almost finish my outlap and drive on a long straight to start my first real lap. At that precise moment I shift from the 4th to the 5th gear and my enige blows up. So I tried again and again...4 times with the same result. It always happens at the same moment and place on the circuit when shifting. I have no car damage and used this car on different circuits without a problem.

So, this is a bug right? I seems to me that it can't be very realistic that the engine always blows up at exactly the same place and time. Anyone other idea's?

gds1972
29-05-2015, 19:46
Does it happen with all cars? Also can you post a video of the issue and also provide a few more details such are you driving in manual?

jack1984
29-05-2015, 20:20
Does it happen with all cars? Also can you post a video of the issue and also provide a few more details such are you driving in manual?

I am driving in manual and it only happened with the Lancer Evo. If I am able to reproduce it, I will make a video of it.

gds1972
29-05-2015, 20:28
If this is the first time you are able to get into 5th gear on the lap then it might be worth going checking what gear ratio is set for 5th gear incase it's too low.

Roger Prynne
29-05-2015, 20:34
Yeah it could be something to do with the car setup bug maybe.....
Could you reset the car setup to default and see if it happens again.

Just a thought.

jack1984
29-05-2015, 22:02
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Seems like a strange bug though. I quit the game (played Bloodborne for a while :)) and came back to Project Cars. I did exactly the same thing: practice session with the Lancer Evo and the same settings on the Catalunya circuit and now everything is fine.

EDIT: Yes, it probably is a car setup bug. The practice sessions went fine, just as the qualification. Then the race came and when I got into the 5th gear the same problem occurred. When I is short shifted, it seems that the 5th gear got stuck at 80 km/ph. Makes pretty sense that the engine blows up when driving 200 km/ph. I reseted the car setup and now everything is fine again. It also noticed that my edited car setup for the Lancer (for all tracks) isn't loaded in this trophy during the season. So a car setup bug I guess.

P.S. I see I posted this one within the XB1 topic, but it is on the PS4.

transfix
29-05-2015, 22:37
Are you redlining all the time? I was doing this with the Pagani on Monza and after 3 laps would have engine blown. Started reducing my RPM and never happened again.

jack1984
29-05-2015, 22:43
Are you redlining all the time? I was doing this with the Pagani on Monza and after 3 laps would have engine blown. Started reducing my RPM and never happened again.

Nope. I even tried one lap completely short shifting and the same thing happened.

transfix
30-05-2015, 00:39
Nope. I even tried one lap completely short shifting and the same thing happened.

Sounds like there is a definite bug happening there.

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 01:11
But he also says " I reseted the car setup and now everything is fine again"

jack1984
30-05-2015, 07:52
But he also says " I reseted the car setup and now everything is fine again"

True. A bug with fortunately a work around.