PDA

View Full Version : This game KILLS controller batteries!!!

Bigsteviet
29-05-2015, 19:38
Either that, or I'm playing more than normal ;)

Captnkuesel
29-05-2015, 19:41
With force feedback set to high values it might be. It feels as if my controller is about to break with that kind of heavy rumble :D

Dookie Possum
29-05-2015, 19:42
For real! I put batteries in a week ago, and last night I get the battery low prompt! I may have to get the plug and play charger kit now that the steering has been fixed...I'm going to be driving...A LOT!

Im Sorry
29-05-2015, 20:09
A week!! Lucky you!!!

gds1972
29-05-2015, 20:12
With force feedback set to high values it might be. It feels as if my controller is about to break with that kind of heavy rumble :D

Go on get the official play and charge kit the battery life is great and it also comes with a really long USB cable.

Carlosoul
29-05-2015, 20:30
I use rechargeable batteries, after an initial payout they more than pay for themselves. I have a few packs, as I play the others charge. I strongly advise everyone tries them

SN1P3R SK33T
29-05-2015, 20:34
A handy tip: If you have a power socket within reach, you can plug your pad into the mains using a micro USB phone charger!

Ridgey
29-05-2015, 20:35
I got the play and charge kit on day one, it must of saved me hundreds in battery cost as I am on 6-8 hours a day.

Dookie Possum
29-05-2015, 20:48
A handy tip: If you have a power socket within reach, you can plug your pad into the mains using a micro USB phone charger!

Or, you can connect it to any of the available usb ports on the xbox.

Umer Ahmad
29-05-2015, 20:53
Project Batteries

Dookie Possum
29-05-2015, 20:55
Project Batteries

A battery simulation to end all battery simulations!

Grand Prix Legend
29-05-2015, 20:57
Go on get the official play and charge kit the battery life is great and it also comes with a really long USB cable.

Seconded

Bigsteviet
29-05-2015, 21:24
Seconded

Erm... rechargeable are just fine. Just very short lived these days...

Freestyler0908
29-05-2015, 21:53
Better the battery than you.

gds1972
29-05-2015, 21:57
I went with the official rechargeable battery when I found out it's a lithium ion battery.

LADY GEMMA JANE
29-05-2015, 22:05
Xbox One Play & Charge Kit is super cool

ciderman9000000
29-05-2015, 22:27
I get packs of 12 Sony batteries from the pound shop. Two of them will usually last one or two weeks, but playing pCars I have to replace them daily.

Nemesis X2
29-05-2015, 22:52
Personally wouldn't bother with play and charge packs as they aren't cheap and eventually die meaning more outlay. I had 2 official ones on the 360 and neither charge now. Changed to rechargeables (Duracell stay charged which don't drain when not in use like std rechargeables). I got a small charger with a set of batteries for about 10 from Amazon. Packs of 4AA or 4AAA can be had for about 6 on Amazon rather than 16 in the shops.

I've rotated 4 AAA's for my Turtle Beach X41 headphones and have used the same 4 batteries for about 7 years now. In my pads I have AA's and again just have spares I put in when low and stick the dead ones on charge ready for he next swap over.

Cheap and much more cost effective because if they ever died they're a lot cheaper than a new play and charge kit.

Tekkart
29-05-2015, 23:26
Personally wouldn't bother with play and charge packs as they aren't cheap and eventually die meaning more outlay. I had 2 official ones on the 360 and neither charge now. Changed to rechargeables (Duracell stay charged which don't drain when not in use like std rechargeables). I got a small charger with a set of batteries for about 10 from Amazon. Packs of 4AA or 4AAA can be had for about 6 on Amazon rather than 16 in the shops.

I've rotated 4 AAA's for my Turtle Beach X41 headphones and have used the same 4 batteries for about 7 years now. In my pads I have AA's and again just have spares I put in when low and stick the dead ones on charge ready for he next swap over.

Cheap and much more cost effective because if they ever died they're a lot cheaper than a new play and charge kit.
how many mAh did they have? I used some with 2700. 30€ 4 AAA after a half year, they're not recharging. My charging station can "repair" them but it doesn't work good. It shows full charged but after 2h gaming(not P'cars) they are empty.I think lower mAh could be better for gaming (pad).

Grand Prix Legend
30-05-2015, 05:31

The official play and charge kit cost me 20 and I've had it since launch, tbh I have no problem paying an extra 10 to avoid avoid taking the back off the controller and swapping the batteries out countless times over the last 15 months since the console was launched. Based on battery life I guess the battery in the play and charge kit will be good for a long while yet.....

wraithsrike
30-05-2015, 07:29
We use venom rechargeables in ours and have no problems.