PDA

View Full Version : Does resolution really matter???

Mario Navarrete
29-05-2015, 21:07
Ok so here is my current situation.

I have my home theatre PC running project cars, I have my resolution set to 1080P as per the settings in the game, however my older toshiba TD only does 720p. so what resolution am i actually seeing? if i ran the game at 720p vesus 1080p whould i see a graphical difference? so my game right now is processing in 1080p but my tv outputs an image of 720p.

flymar
29-05-2015, 21:08
But you have downscaling so less aliasing this way.

John Hargreaves
29-05-2015, 21:37
Distance from your tv will be a factor I reckon; the closer you are the more you will notice differences in resolution and vice versa. I'd try different settings to get the best balance between IQ and framerate

Mario Navarrete
29-05-2015, 21:46
Distance from your tv will be a factor I reckon; the closer you are the more you will notice differences in resolution and vice versa. I'd try different settings to get the best balance between IQ and framerate

what i am trying to find out is that i don't wanna waste processing power on a resolution that i cannot achieve, that way i can have better fps while making it look as beautiful as possible as my tv only outputs 720p. my couch is about 6feet from my tv.

flymar
29-05-2015, 21:47
balance between IQ and framerateNow I know why I get so stupid when close to screen:D

John Hargreaves
29-05-2015, 21:51
Now I know why I get so stupid when close to screen:D
Mine's about 18" from the end of my nose. Probably very little hope for me now, too far down the rabbit hole :dejection:

John Hargreaves
29-05-2015, 21:54
what i am trying to find out is that i don't wanna waste processing power on a resolution that i cannot achieve, that way i can have better fps while making it look as beautiful as possible as my tv only outputs 720p. my couch is about 6feet from my tv.
At that distance you can probably get away with running a lower resolution and crank up image quality, but you don't need to go to ultra on all the settings to keep it looking nice.

Joao
30-05-2015, 00:42
At that distance you can probably get away with running a lower resolution and crank up image quality, but you don't need to go to ultra on all the settings to keep it looking nice.

Thats what I would suggest. Use 720p and hit hard on the antialiasing.