PDA

View Full Version : QUestion on PC patch 1.4

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 22:08
Question.

And I would like an honest answer rather than being ignored as I am pretty convinced you guys don't lie or mislead.

Is the PC patch being delayed so that all platforms get patched at a similar time?, as I find it incredibly hard to believe that some of the fundamental bugs like crashing on shared memory in replays, etc. can't get released as minor patches and I certainly don't believe you haven't fixed them.

On PC there is no real reason to store them all up and release a big patch as you have no 3rd party approval process.

SO hopefully a simple question will get a simple answer and maybe a reason why none of the fixes are getting published for PC?

Ian Bell
29-05-2015, 22:09
Question.

And I would like an honest answer rather than being ignored as I am pretty convinced you guys don't lie or mislead.

Is the PC patch being delayed so that all platforms get patched at a similar time?, as I find it incredibly hard to believe that some of the fundamental bugs like crashing on shared memory in replays, etc. can't get released as minor patches and I certainly don't believe you haven't fixed them.

On PC there is no real reason to store them all up and release a big patch as you have no 3rd party approval process.

SO hopefully a simple question will get a simple answer and maybe a reason why none of the fixes are getting published for PC?

No.

John Hargreaves
29-05-2015, 22:13
Maybe PC has fewer major issues due to more testing, so it's important to have all hands on deck to get the console versions up to speed first. I'm sure we'll all get our share of the love.

TrevorAustin
29-05-2015, 22:40
Maybe PC has fewer major issues due to more testing, so it's important to have all hands on deck to get the console versions up to speed first. I'm sure we'll all get our share of the love.

I'm already feeling it:) Like I said it was a simple question and get a simple answer. Those noisy console users are absorbing all the resources, lol.
Now I know the workarounds for most of the PC bugs the game is very enjoyable, only things ruining it are the cheating, psychotic AI and their out accelerating me on gravel and indestructible cars and the shared memory bug, some HUD in the rift and I might spend more than the 89 hours I've already spent on this game, haha..

Synergy
30-05-2015, 01:22
No.

I like this guy.

He's blunt and direct with his answers, just like me.

CLUBLAND13
30-05-2015, 11:05
My mate and I love project cars. We have great racing and a laugh as well... The one big issue is that we're all in a racing league ( Xbox Excellence in Racing ) and got 3 leagues ready to start LMP2, GT3 and DTM with 16 driver in each but we can't use game chat as it doesn't work and party chat only 8 max. So I want to know when is the game chat getting fixed?

Andy Apex
30-05-2015, 11:10
My mate and I love project cars. We have great racing and a laugh as well... The one big issue is that we're all in a racing league ( Xbox Excellence in Racing ) and got 3 leagues ready to start LMP2, GT3 and DTM with 16 driver in each but we can't use game chat as it doesn't work and party chat only 8 max. So I want to know when is the game chat getting fixed?

How can you want or desire to have 16 people being able to talk at once, and try to drive. As they say, just shut up and drive ! :-)

TrevorAustin
30-05-2015, 14:48

This isn't an Xbox thread:) There's already 437,000 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Hargreaves
30-05-2015, 14:55
We will see when the patch is out. If it will come together with console versions ( not 1-2 weeks earlier) then namco is holding SMS and we for sure will know that namco decides everything here and SMS has no word.

Hard to see how we can know anything ‘for sure‘ on that evidence. There are many things that have to be considered, and it isn‘t always appropriate to share them publicly. One thing that I am personally sure of is that there won‘t just be one patch then we‘re forgotten about. SMS will continue to support us for quite some time to come - that‘s one of the benefits of being free from a publisher. Bandai Namco are distributors and are held in very high regard by SMS.

Kitt
30-05-2015, 15:47
Rough idea when the patch will be out?,some time next week?...will the setup not saving bug fix be in it.Thats all I care about at the mo,as its stopping me playing career

Lawndarts
30-05-2015, 16:06
Racing AI I can almost live with, but knowing the AI can ignore rain, go faster in a straight even when you get a perfect exit into the straight, the random names of AI, the ease of deleting your profile in normal operation, crashes in pits, AI winning in pits on last lap, open wheelers AI behave like BTCC drivers, unrealistic lap times at certain tracks, inconsistent FFB, etc. basically anything that clearly detracts from how the game was intended to be enjoyed. Mostly polish bits.

Case in point, I'm really enjoying my Clio career but knowing I have a handicap when it rains has forced me to put it on hold until I know it's going to be a fair fight.

spinkick
31-05-2015, 18:02
Racing AI I can almost live with, but knowing the AI can ignore rain, go faster in a straight even when you get a perfect exit into the straight, the random names of AI, the ease of deleting your profile in normal operation, crashes in pits, AI winning in pits on last lap, open wheelers AI behave like BTCC drivers, unrealistic lap times at certain tracks, inconsistent FFB, etc. basically anything that clearly detracts from how the game was intended to be enjoyed. Mostly polish bits.

Case in point, I'm really enjoying my Clio career but knowing I have a handicap when it rains has forced me to put it on hold until I know it's going to be a fair fight.

Yeah, same here. I'm doing some iRacing right now in the meantime. Man, there is no sense of speed like pCars. :(. I'd love to have the online safety ratings like iracing with the feel and force feedback of pCars

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 19:25
I prefer the force feedback in the fw31 in iracing, and love the menus, but just hasn't got the overall feel of pcars.

k.merse
31-05-2015, 19:56
I could live with all the current issues for a while if the AI would be affected by changing conditions (tire wear, overheating, rain) in the next patch :)

Convexrook
01-06-2015, 00:00
No.

Haha the man said it. Good to see one game Studio lead taking part in the forums. unlike some other isolated groups

Helmethead1031
01-06-2015, 00:41
No.

This is officially my favorite response to a thread......EVER......Simple question received the simplest answer possible. Well done sir, well done.

mister dog
01-06-2015, 13:34
The SMS boys seem less present on this forum also since a couple of days, so my hunch is that the whip is getting cracked:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/whipping_stick_figure_by_nicol85.gif

Good! :)

Joeri Blootacker
01-06-2015, 13:49
we are still here :)

get that whip coming :p