PDA

View Full Version : MOTEC software

cerbrus2
30-05-2015, 00:36
I have The MOTEC software installed on my laptop as my car runs a MOTEC ECU and dash system. And was wondering if their is anyway we can use it with project cars, like we used to be able to with GTR 1&2.

And if it's legal to do so. I'm pretty sure I can use it without issue as I have purchased a copy and own the software licence, but also wondering for those that got it with GTR, does the licence allow them to use the version they got with GTR on project cars, if of course it is possible to do at all.

I would love this, as not only is the MOTEC software brilliant, but if it works, I'm sure I would be able to mount my cars wheel on the G27 boss, so I can use the actual MOTEC dash that's mounted to the wheel via the MOTEC software.

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 01:14
I don't think you will be able to use that software as it's not configured for pCARS..... but have a look at these apps.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

cerbrus2
30-05-2015, 01:19
Currently using one already, But just thought i would ask, as the MOTEC is far better, plus i would be able to use my Real MOTEC dash system to race with. wile collecting telemetry.

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 01:22
Yeah I know the MOTEC your on about and it's a shame that you can't use it.

Gassolini
30-05-2015, 02:38
The Motec i2 licence only allows its use it with Motec gear. There should be (used to be) a big splash box on startup specifying this. The Motec log file format is proprietary and creating files in that format for use with i2 would also be in breach of the licence agreement (Motec are very clear on this). Unless there's a special licensing deal (like GTR had) it's a no go for the public.

One possibility, for your personal use, is to buy an API license for i2 Pro - then you can write a plugin, supplying data to i2 yourself.