PDA

View Full Version : Steering issue with dual shock 4

Jratiff92
30-05-2015, 06:55
Hi I've been steadily improving at the game and have changed my controller settings to recommended ones on this forum but I've started to encounter problems when trying to take a right handed high speed corner. I'm braking at the right time not locking up nor have I gotten on the throttle yet and I spin out. I've noticed this happens more frequently after I pit.
I was racing formula b on spa on and my first 3 laps were fine but after my pit stop I spun out at nearly every right hand corner. I've also noticed that my car is gradually turning right by itself in a straight line. Have tried using 2 different controllers yet it still happens. Would appreciate any help or suggestions!

P.s. Using no assists except for automatic gears.

Oi Oi JC
30-05-2015, 07:09
Might the controller, I had a similar problem with an xbone controller that started looking/pointing/moving down all the time.
It turned out the right stick switch had gone faulty so I replaced the controller.

Try using a different controller to see if that fixes it.

Jratiff92
30-05-2015, 07:24
Thanks will try it although in cockpit view there is no animation on the wheel..

beer_n_frites
30-05-2015, 08:01
Your pit strategy might be changing your tyres so that they are mismatched pressures/compound

Goldenballs2003
30-05-2015, 09:11
I've had issues where my tuning options randomly change to completely strange settings for no apparent reason. This can happen during a session or a pit stop. I've had my tire pressures automatically dropped by so much that they were overheating before the end of the 1st lap and other strange things.

Make sure your pit crew haven't randomly raised/lowered 1 or more settings somewhere, this could be it.

Jratiff92
30-05-2015, 21:55
Thanks you were right had different tyre compounds set! So stupid ha