PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Strips Cause Game to Slow

Kerbox
30-05-2015, 07:04
I just finished the 2 race event at Dubai Autrodrome. Every time I touched a rumble strip the game would slow DRAMATICALLY (sound, visuals, physics). It was a fight to keep the kart out of the barriers.

It's nice to be able to race now that the controller has been patched enough to play. But, this particular set a races was grueling.

EDIT:
Disc version
Internal HDD
Fully updated
All effects enabled
Helmet view w/o helmet displayed
Controller via USB
Kinect not attached

thisisbleep
30-05-2015, 08:26
Have you updated the game? Try hard resting the console to ensure that you have the updates installed.

s1yfa
30-05-2015, 09:10
OP said the patch to sort controller is working, so I guess the game is updated...

I have noticed the sound glitch still happens on rumble strips (and heavy braking) so I don't think the drop to 60hz has fully resolves the issues.

Kerbox
30-05-2015, 10:18
Have you updated the game? Try hard resting the console to ensure that you have the updates installed.

I've been around the internet a few days. I know to read FAQs before posting problems.

My 2 is that the audio is causing the latency (given that I've noticed similar effects when surrounded by multiple AI racers). Also contributing, but unlikely to be causal is the rapid FOV Δ that the karts are a capable of generating. That's a whole lot of drawing to do, followed suddenly by physics, rumble, and sound updates. The computational limitations aren't anything new; the XO's comparative hardware deficiencies are well documented.

I'm honestly surprised that things this basic weren't identified earlier given SMS' history of attention to detail.