PDA

View Full Version : Finally got controller tuned. Glad I kept this game.

Zashra
30-05-2015, 10:39
I, like many other Xbox gamers, was put off from project cars when I first played it at launch due to the overly twitch and buggy controls. I quite legitimately only put about 1.5-2 hours of play time on this game before today. Even after the patch went live, I still felt like the controls were incredibly twitchy and hard to use. So, after taking my friend's advice, I looked up a guide for setting up the xbox one controller on projects CARS.
One solid day of tweaking later, this game feels great. The cars are no longer twitchy and inconsistent and most importantly, i can actually make it around the track without going off.
Just a little bit ago, I completed the first round of the Renault Clio cup and I have to say, I'm sold. This game is just as good as i thought it was going to be and I'm so glad that i didn't take it back and write it off as another "the crew."

In short, I'm really happy to finally be playing this game and I'm excited to see what the future holds for it. Good job SMS.

If you want to know my controller settings, here they are:

Controller input mode: '3'
Steering deadzone: '10'
Steering sensitivity: '15'
Throttle deadzone: '0'
Throttle sensitivity: '35'
Braking deadzone: '5'
Braking sensitivity: '65'
Clutch: default

Speed sensitivity: '55'
Controller Filtering sensitivity: '65'

advanced on
Soft steering: on
Visual filtering: on
opposite lock help: off

I find that this gave me nice and smooth controls. no twitching or jerking. Hope this helps! :)

I made this off of a guide posted to youtube by "MoneyMan300." I recommend his guide for understanding what all of the settings mean.

Edit: Force feedback is at 80. this is entirely preference.

nissan4ever
30-05-2015, 11:54
Get a wheel & you'll love the game even more. 205364

robbyrocketz
31-05-2015, 00:18
Agreed, save that money up and get the TX 458 Italia, its a whole different world, a world you'll enjoy.

Outlier
31-05-2015, 04:21
I had the original controller somewhat dial in but struggled after patch. I just tried your settings and the worked great!

Plato99
31-05-2015, 12:05
This game has seen a total turnaround since patch 1.3.
Just raced Zolder for the first time. Holy cow!!
This team of devs have impeccable taste when it comes to circuit choice. What a blast!!!

SpeedFreakDTM
31-05-2015, 12:29
All of this controller setup shouldn't be needed. Its a console, and it comes with a controller.

All games released on a console, should really already have the best setup for the controller.

I know Forza and other game has deadzone controls, but the game is perfectly playable without any messing around with controller configs.

I would really like to NOT have to spend a day or more just trying to get the official supplied controller to work. Never had to do it on any other game.

While im typing this, I remembered Shift 2 - DEMO. I stopped playing the demo, after about 2 mins, as I was on Spa and I was simply trying to move from the right side of the track, to the left. Nice and smooth, but even the slightest steering movement, almost made the car lose the back end. I just turned it off, and didn't bother buying the game.

I am glad I've waited for the patch, as now the cars can be moved smoothly.

I just hope in Pcars 2, or any other future other game by SMS, that the controller will work, and give the same level of smoothness that you get with ANY other car game, out of the box/off the shelf.

girlracerTracey
31-05-2015, 14:29
I, like many other Xbox gamers, was put off from project cars when I first played it at launch due to the overly twitch and buggy controls. I quite legitimately only put about 1.5-2 hours of play time on this game before today. Even after the patch went live, I still felt like the controls were incredibly twitchy and hard to use. So, after taking my friend's advice, I looked up a guide for setting up the xbox one controller on projects CARS.
One solid day of tweaking later, this game feels great. The cars are no longer twitchy and inconsistent and most importantly, i can actually make it around the track without going off.
Just a little bit ago, I completed the first round of the Renault Clio cup and I have to say, I'm sold. This game is just as good as i thought it was going to be and I'm so glad that i didn't take it back and write it off as another "the crew."

In short, I'm really happy to finally be playing this game and I'm excited to see what the future holds for it. Good job SMS.

advanced on

I find that this gave me nice and smooth controls. no twitching or jerking. Hope this helps! :)

I made this off of a guide posted to youtube by "MoneyMan300." I recommend his guide for understanding what all of the settings mean.

That's a very controller nice set-up. Thank you. I am now using it in the game.

grT

Mowzer
31-05-2015, 14:44
Yeah the game is now by far the best driving/racing game I have ever played ��.

redriot
31-05-2015, 18:38
To my big surprise the default settings of "Controller input mode: 3" works great for me! Before the patch I thought that the controlls are so messed up that I need to tweak it a lot to make it enjoyable but the SMS guys did a brilliant job: the controlls are much better now than Forza, I have fine controll of the cars. Precision driving and small corrections on the steering are much easier and feels more natural than in Forza5.

MoneyMan300
31-05-2015, 18:49
All of this controller setup shouldn't be needed. Its a console, and it comes with a controller.

All games released on a console, should really already have the best setup for the controller.

I know Forza and other game has deadzone controls, but the game is perfectly playable without any messing around with controller configs.

I would really like to NOT have to spend a day or more just trying to get the official supplied controller to work. Never had to do it on any other game.

While im typing this, I remembered Shift 2 - DEMO. I stopped playing the demo, after about 2 mins, as I was on Spa and I was simply trying to move from the right side of the track, to the left. Nice and smooth, but even the slightest steering movement, almost made the car lose the back end. I just turned it off, and didn't bother buying the game.

I am glad I've waited for the patch, as now the cars can be moved smoothly.

I just hope in Pcars 2, or any other future other game by SMS, that the controller will work, and give the same level of smoothness that you get with ANY other car game, out of the box/off the shelf.

Post 1.3 patch, the default setting do work for a lot of people. The great thing is, it doesn't really take long to make a couple adjustments if they don't work for you (once you know what the settings mean). I really like that you can dial in the controller for your thumbs. Everyone is a little different. I do wish SMS would publish a guide explaining all of the setting though.

Thanks OP! Here is a link to the video I did...after some research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wRgsEDIyQ

Umer Ahmad
31-05-2015, 20:17
1. SMS will never again NEED to work on the XB1 controller code, it now works. There is no more large discussions/rants about the XB1 controller. This will be for ALL their future XB1 games (unless MSFT changes the controller API, then even T10 would need to change FM5 code). So the future risk of xb1 controller problems is close to zero, this was the first time SMS released on this machine.

2. Does FM5 support even 50% of ALL the controllers project cars supports? Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, XB1 gamepad, DualShock4 gamepad...look at what this SMALL team accomplished with 25% of the budget T10 has and at most half he man-power T10 has. To me, it makes T10 look inefficient that a small studio (~50 people) from London with only few million bucks could threaten their in-house brand. And the "efficiency" of SMS/WMD seems very high in comparison.

pk500
01-06-2015, 16:35
Thanks for these settings, OP. What is your Force Feedback setting? Default 100 or 80 like MoneyMan300?

AdM1
01-06-2015, 16:55
1. SMS will never again NEED to work on the XB1 controller code, it now works. There is no more large discussions/rants about the XB1 controller. This will be for ALL their future XB1 games (unless MSFT changes the controller API, then even T10 would need to change FM5 code). So the future risk of xb1 controller problems is close to zero, this was the first time SMS released on this machine.

So safe to say they wont improve more on the trigger feedback? Well my my, thought the devs would want to make their own driving game as good as it can be but clearly not then.

Microsoft give us this brilliant controller with different rumble and vibration and developers don't even want to make the most of that?

As for the controller configuration, I see no problem with that personally as helps people set up to their desires effects.

Maxximoff
01-06-2015, 17:14
Worked well for me, thanks

SpeedFreakDTM
01-06-2015, 17:18
***Awesome, Great news.***

2. Does FM5 support even 50% of ALL the controllers project cars supports?
***I don't know, and I don't really care. Forza 5 sucks. Are all these controllers you speak of recognised by the Xbox One? If so, then yes they wlll work with Forza 5. ***
Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, XB1 gamepad, DualShock4 gamepad...look at what this SMALL team accomplished with 25% of the budget T10 has and at most half he man-power T10 has. To me, it makes T10 look inefficient that a small studio (~50 people) from London with only few million bucks could threaten their in-house brand. And the "efficiency" of SMS/WMD seems very high in comparison.
I had a Ferrari thrustmaster pad for the 360, it worked exactly the same as a 360 Microsoft pad, without any messing around. So to be honest, I would expect all Controller / game pad products that are licensed by microsoft for use on their X1 console, to work the same as a microsoft controller, and have the same range of axis.

I don't seem to be able to find the part of my post where I mentioned any comparison to SMS and Turn 10 studios. I said that forza has deadzone controls, and they don't need to be touched. But nothing about how many people work at the respective studios. As an end-user, the size of the studio has no interest to me. Forza 5 made by 100's or 1000's and its still a shit game. Project cars made by less than 50 people, its a great game, feels good with a controller.....NOW. But it the size of the studio has no effect on whether I like the game or not.

Your reply would have been sufficient with * 1.* .....Part 2, is just an defensive rant, that was not necessary.

Apologies if my post caused any offence, none was intended.

I just wanted to convey my opinion's from an end-user's point of view, about setting up the controller. I realise there was an issue that needed patching, but you wont find one post from me threatening to shove DVD's into the people who made the game.

Like you say, it should not return in future games, and thats great for all of us PAD users.

Keep up the great work, SMS.
MOD's, dont be so defensive all the time, everyone can enjoy the game now, :cool:

AdM1
01-06-2015, 19:11
I had a Ferrari thrustmaster pad for the 360, it worked exactly the same as a 360 Microsoft pad, without any messing around. So to be honest, I would expect all Controller / game pad products that are licensed by microsoft for use on their X1 console, to work the same as a microsoft controller, and have the same range of axis.

I don't seem to be able to find the part of my post where I mentioned any comparison to SMS and Turn 10 studios. I said that forza has deadzone controls, and they don't need to be touched. But nothing about how many people work at the respective studios. As an end-user, the size of the studio has no interest to me. Forza 5 made by 100's or 1000's and its still a shit game. Project cars made by less than 50 people, its a great game, feels good with a controller.....NOW. But it the size of the studio has no effect on whether I like the game or not.

Your reply would have been sufficient with * 1.* .....Part 2, is just an defensive rant, that was not necessary.

Apologies if my post caused any offence, none was intended.

I just wanted to convey my opinion's from an end-user's point of view, about setting up the controller. I realise there was an issue that needed patching, but you wont find one post from me threatening to shove DVD's into the people who made the game.

Like you say, it should not return in future games, and thats great for all of us PAD users.

Keep up the great work, SMS.
MOD's, dont be so defensive all the time, everyone can enjoy the game now, :cool:

Forza 5 actually felt pretty bad for me until I changed the deadzone settings.

I think there needs to be some adjustability with it. Still think it's bullshit with the triggers though and it's even more staggering that the devs don't seem to care about it.

Niveous21
01-06-2015, 20:37
This team of devs have impeccable taste when it comes to circuit choice.

Agreed. Not sure what motivated their choices, but they seem to appreciate the fast, old-school grand prix style tracks. Which is awesome.

Dukey_40
01-06-2015, 20:50
Thanks to the OP for the controller settings post patch, has helped big time, loving this sim even more so now, great to finally have a good racing sim on the consoles, streets ahead of arcadey Forza and GT, looking to get a wheel soon but still having fun with the controller..great job SMS & WMD etc..:applouse:

Go2zero
02-06-2015, 03:37

advanced on

Edit: Force feedback is at 80. this is entirely preference.

Thanks for sharing, these settings really helped. Should you make any further tweaks please keeps us posted. Cheers.