PDA

View Full Version : How do you review Telemetry?

jimmyb_84
30-05-2015, 10:56
Hi all,

I'm not a full on tuner but I like making minor adjustments for a better race car, things like brake ducts, aero, tyre pressures, slight softening of suspension and on the fly anti-roll bar changes.

The only problem is reviewing the telemetry as it's not available in a saved replay or to review prior.

So I'm wondering how you guys review it? I had thought about completing each lap bringing the HUD up and taking a screen shot, I cannot drive with the HUD on all the time I just crash or end up on the grass when I look at it.

I'm not moaning, I'm sure a fix will be along soon just looking for s solution until it's sorted

could_do_better
30-05-2015, 10:58
It's not easy on the PS4, there are add-on Apps for the PC that allow it to be saved in real time for review off line, or even streamed to another screen or PC, tablet or smart phone for live analysis. I'm afraid that's one area where PC flexibility wins over console ease of use.

transfix
30-05-2015, 11:29
Kind of a pain but you could always setup your phone or iPad and record a lap with telemetry on. Just a thought.

MiZtErNiCe
30-05-2015, 12:09
this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me and is very easy to do :)

jimmyb_84
30-05-2015, 12:13
this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me :)

I may have to try that later, I'm rubbish with the telemetry HUD onscreen might not get proper reading as I'll be driving different. I'm particularly interesting tyre/brake temps for now

Carlos81255
30-05-2015, 12:49
Other games use the second screen feature on the PS4 so I'm hoping SMS might have a look into it at some point but obviously their a bit busy at the minute with patches

Carlos81255
30-05-2015, 12:52
this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me and is very easy to do :)

You don't have to double tap the share button the playstation automatically records your last 15 minutes of gameplay just hit the share button then save video clip

jsydave
30-05-2015, 12:53
I know I'm in the wrong forum to ask this question but can anyone confirm if recording on the Xbone works the same way? I've been wondering how I can use telemetry as well.

Carlos81255
30-05-2015, 12:56
Last I heard Xbox increased the automatic video capture to match the playstation so yes but how you save it I have no idea

jimmyb_84
30-05-2015, 13:10
Other games use the second screen feature on the PS4 so I'm hoping SMS might have a look into it at some point but obviously their a bit busy at the minute with patches

I asked that question a few weeks ago, I got "it's not quite that simple" so I'm not holding my breath.

Carlos81255
30-05-2015, 13:17
I asked that question a few weeks ago, I got "it's not quite that simple" so I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah it's definitely not going to be in the near future but we can hope they have a go at it at some point lol. I'm just hoping their working on the force feedback it's my only issue with the game at the minute and even though there is a workaround changing all them settings on every car is just mind blowing lol

MiZtErNiCe
30-05-2015, 14:42
You don't have to double tap the share button the playstation automatically records your last 15 minutes of gameplay just hit the share button then save video clip it just makes it easier if the video starts exactly where you want it to start rather than try to judge the 15mins

fendtvario
30-05-2015, 15:17
There are several threads here on this subject. It's not possible to do this properly on a ps4. It's not an impossible feature technically I guess, other games provide this as well.

MiZtErNiCe
30-05-2015, 23:53
I may have to try that later, I'm rubbish with the telemetry HUD onscreen might not get proper reading as I'll be driving different. I'm particularly interesting tyre/brake temps for now did it work ok for you m8?

JessicaWalter
31-05-2015, 00:02
since the ps4 willautomatically have the last 15 minutes, i just click the telemetry on screen and as soon as i do a clean lap i just save the replay. then you can go cut the beginning off the clip or just keep doing some laps and save whenever you get good laps. it works pretty well. it also helps with learning tracks when they're loooongscliefe. the editing of clips is pretty easy too but they can build up quickly so every now and then you should go delete your extra saves after you've cut/saved the parts you want for reference. wish there was an app but this is still extremely useful as is.

MiZtErNiCe
31-05-2015, 00:06
i explained an easier way earlier in this thread so you dont have to edit the vids Jessica, have a read and try :)

JessicaWalter
31-05-2015, 00:10
i have my p4 to record the last 15 all the time automatically. if i had to double click to start recording id miss most of the exciting things that happen at random in games like gta. id rather worry about it after i get a clean lap. so the editing of the clips is a small price to pay for the guarantee my lap was recorded. i don't do enough clean laps yet so id be double clicking like crazy. :)

Rcorms
31-05-2015, 00:18
Just an idea, and not as good as being able to handle this in game, but Twitch can be set to archive your streams for a few days, maybe a week not sure, but if you set this option and then stream to Twitch you could then go in afterward and watch the archived Twitch video to view telemetry.

IrideGravity
31-05-2015, 00:44
There are several threads here on this subject. It's not possible to do this properly on a ps4. It's not an impossible feature technically I guess, other games provide this as well.

I've seen both sides of this argument represented several times. Difficult to understand how the technically impossible side is not just making excuses? considering it's been done before in other games on ps4. Gt5&6 do it on ps3 and will on ps4 next round?
Just use the right API or say the wrong one was used. . Misrepresentation ain't cool. Or say we don't wanna mess with a different API. But it's not impossible to get your apps on ps4. Not if you use the right API. Or am I wrong? Seems pretty basic logic to me though.

danpinho
31-05-2015, 02:55
Telemetry at this point is not even close to be usefull for console players. It's just a fancy feature if you compare what PC users can do with it.
Not to mention a bunch of info on your screen while you go for a hotlap, really distracting. I wish a feature like "upload data lap" an then you check it out on a website.

J00N10R
31-05-2015, 06:20
Why not just implement the option to toggle the telemetry view during replays? If we can toggle views, telemetry should be easy to add... You'd think.

MiZtErNiCe
31-05-2015, 13:35
i have my p4 to record the last 15 all the time automatically. if i had to double click to start recording id miss most of the exciting things that happen at random in games like gta. id rather worry about it after i get a clean lap. so the editing of the clips is a small price to pay for the guarantee my lap was recorded. i don't do enough clean laps yet so id be double clicking like crazy. :) the game is still recorded automatically its just an extra function if you want the video to start at a certain point

LVracerGT
05-07-2015, 23:32
I don't understand why it can't just work like it did in GTR2. After you ran laps and got off track the last screen that tells you all your settings used to have tire temps (outside, middle, inside), tire pressures, brake temperatures, water and oil temps, so you could go do a couple laps and check things for a qualifying setup or do a handful of laps to dial in a race setup. From what I've seen the game is structured a lot like GTR2 was, they should just go back to that IMO.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 23:35
Why not just implement the option to toggle the telemetry view during replays? If we can toggle views, telemetry should be easy to add... You'd think.
There are a lot of threads on that matter. The telemetry data would make the replay files huge, it's to much data recorded at 600hz.

baron-bob
29-11-2017, 10:27
Hello Guys,

can someone tell me why sometimes the suspension-bars flashing red without the travel or hight word also? I mean, for example, I touch the tracksurvace with the downside of the car, then ould the suspension-bar AND the word height flash red. But sometimes the bar is flashing, without the car runing out of suspensiontravel, or touching the track.