PDA

View Full Version : Wet Tyre Change

gmspromo
30-05-2015, 11:24
I've done a search within these forums for issues with wet tyres/tyre changes but the list is so expansive, I don't know if this particular issue is already listed or not, apologies if it already is.

Anyway, I just set up a quick race (30 Laps) around Imola in the Formula Gulf, with three weather slots. The first was set to "Clear", the second "Random" and the third also "Random". About 10 laps in it starts raining and getting slippery so I went into the pits and changed the tyres to "Wet" all round - no problems at all. 18 or 19 laps in it stops raining and starts drying up so I pulled in the pits again and tried to change to "Soft" all round, but when I was released from my pit box the tires I had on were still wets!!! Obviously as the Formula Gulf is open wheel I could see they were wets and within half a lap the wet rear tyres had overheated on the dry track.

I thought maybe I'd not selected something right in the pitstop options, so on the next lap around I pulled in the pits again to try to change to soft tyres but again, I got spat out from the pit box with a fresh set of wets on again ... it annoyed me somewhat as by this point I'd done 22 or 23 laps of a 30 lap race set at 100% difficulty and had progressed up to 5th or 6th place. With all the tyre issues I got dropped to the back of the 20 car field and just gave up and switched the Xbox off.

I'm not going to rant and rave because the dev team have done a great job with the patch that was released on Thursday and I'm loving the game in general ... but I just wanted to know if this is a known bug or not?

If not, can it be added to the list to check out please?!