PDA

View Full Version : Pre Patch Controller settings

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 11:25
Hey guys does anyone know how to make controller work like how it was pre patched, Ive tried every different mode and feels like crap, cars understeering too much, Im running times 3-4 seconds slower than what I was.
Does anyone have a workaround or quickfix?

In other words I dont want the full stick movement, the controller minimal movements are hard to get right its a not a steering wheel its a thumb stick, can we have an option only use some of stick travel full travel is wearing the tires out fast, understeering as now lock is full locked.

Or is there a way to recalibrate my stick movements I only want the input to go 3/4 each way left or right

Sorry posted too many times can mods move this to tech please

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 12:21
Hey guys does anyone know how to make controller work like how it was pre patched, Ive tried every different mode and feels like crap, cars understeering too much, Im running times 3-4 seconds slower than what I was.
Does anyone have a workaround or quickfix?

Check thread "finally got controller tuned, glad i kept this game"

Hope this helps :cool:

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 12:30
Yep tried that but Im either full left or full right I cant hold 3/4 of turn for maximum grip whilst turning

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 12:32
Ill probably have to modify my controller and put a sleeve in it to ease off the full stick movement

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 12:33
Ill probably have to modify my controller and put a sleeve in it to ease off the full stick movement

Try a rubber band around stick base to provide resistance

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 12:40
Try a rubber band around stick base to provide resistance
Ill give it a go, but if it doesn't work Ill be calling my early retirement or forcibly buying a wheel, tv, play seat which my wife will not approve of lol

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 12:42
Ill give it a go, but if it doesn't work Ill be calling my early retirement or forcibly buying a wheel, tv, play seat which my wife will not approve of lol

Buy her some shoes to sweeten the deal lol

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 12:45
Buy her some shoes to sweeten the deal lol

Ha!! If only but then again the money Id be forking out for the setup to play XboxOne would be making my R34 550kw, and something tells me my R34 will keep me happier for longer lol

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 12:49
Ha!! If only but then again the money Id be forking out for the setup to play XboxOne would be making my R34 550kw, and something tells me my R34 will keep me happier for longer lol

Worth it tho, I jus ordered tx, and WRC racing seat for jus over 500 from playseat.com, not sure how much that converts to in $AUS tho

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 12:56
Worth it tho, I jus ordered tx, and WRC racing seat for jus over 500 from playseat.com, not sure how much that converts to in $AUS tho
Well 500 is $1000Aud
Yep thats my Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors gone lol I wont spend that much for any game, that tx and playseat, I will still need a new tv to setup elsewhere in my house...
Its all $$ got my wife n kids too my R34 is a slow build, thats my play money, pCars was fantastic, but now I think its going onto the backburner for now

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 12:59
Well 500 is $1000Aud
Yep thats my Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors gone lol I wont spend that much for any game, that tx and playseat, I will still need a new tv to setup elsewhere in my house...

Theres always a wheelstand pro v2 instead of seat, ive seen them for under 80 in uk

U cant retire tho, i need a reliable mechanic lol

Dan77 DESTROYER
30-05-2015, 13:04
No retiring allowed I'm afraid

It's forbidden

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 13:10
No retiring allowed I'm afraid

It's forbidden

Mate there becomes a fine line between buying things which are real and buying accessories for fantasy objects such as this game, ive seen ppls rigs in the forums and I scraped for enough $$ to put 2 recaros in my Supra lol

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 13:18
Mate there becomes a fine line between buying things which are real and buying accessories for fantasy objects such as this game, ive seen ppls rigs in the forums and I scraped for enough $$ to put 2 recaros in my Supra lol

What happened to original Supra seats? If u still got em thats ur racing seat sorted :cool:

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 13:20
Sold for extra $$ for the recaros lol

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 13:21
Sold for extra $$ for the recaros lol

Damn lol this really is a different experience altogether with a tx

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 13:25
Yeah well it was a great experience before the patch

Dan77 DESTROYER
30-05-2015, 13:26

I hear you dude ;) .........But!!! It really is worth it......if you have the money to do it.

RetroNooB
30-05-2015, 13:28
Yeah well it was a great experience before the patch

I had good days n bad days pre patch

NVI0U5
30-05-2015, 13:46
I had good days n bad days pre patch

We all did, the framefreezing sucked but now the controller to me is deemed useless, now that its opened right up. Oh well see what happens I update my tunes posts with my pre patch tunes hopefully you enjoy them RetroNooB

Psychomatrix
30-05-2015, 17:52
Why you don't change the steering rate in setup. If you increase the steering rate the cars turn better in. And when you reduce the speed sensitivity in controller setup cars will turn better in corners too. Give it a try

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 00:07
Why you don't change the steering rate in setup. If you increase the steering rate the cars turn better in. And when you reduce the speed sensitivity in controller setup cars will turn better in corners too. Give it a try

Ive got the settings as dumb down as I can, it doesnt help when it goes into full lock with the Ackermann pitarm effect Im just going to band the anologue stick an hope it doesnt utilize the full movement

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 08:24
I tried the rubber band it kind of works but inconsistent between presses one press held may lock on 4 bar next on 7 then on 8 its just too hard

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 09:23
I tried the rubber band it kind of works but inconsistent between presses one press held may lock on 4 bar next on 7 then on 8 its just too hard

I had similar problems last night round Monaco, had to turn it off before i lost my head, 1st 4/5 laps were great then controls went tits up

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 09:29
Spoke to the wife Ill be able to build a sim rig in about a month or so

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 09:40
Spoke to the wife Ill be able to build a sim rig in about a month or so

I sense dinner, shopping and a holiday and shoes :culpability: lol

Awesome news tho dude, my rig gets delivered in july, we should meet up online for some track time :cool:

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 09:47
I sense dinner, shopping and a holiday and shoes :culpability: lol

Awesome news tho dude, my rig gets delivered in july, we should meet up online for some track time :cool:

Definitely!! Well lets just say I did tell her if the chair is comfortable enough Ill sleep in it lol she's happy with the king size double bed lol

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 09:52
Definitely!! Well lets just say I did tell her if the chair is comfortable enough Ill sleep in it lol she's happy with the king size double bed lol

Lol sweeten the deal a bit more, get a mate to take her out, that way he pays for dinner and you get the house to yourself to play Pcars in relative peace win/win ftw lol

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 10:28
Lol sweeten the deal a bit more, get a mate to take her out, that way he pays for dinner and you get the house to yourself to play Pcars in relative peace win/win ftw lol
lol Im the boss in my house, Ill just drown her sound out anyways

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 10:59
lol Im the boss in my house, Ill just drown her sound out anyways

I can only assume she was out of the room when you typed this haha :rolleyes:

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 11:27
I can only assume she was out of the room when you typed this haha :rolleyes:

Bahaha yes sir you are correct Im the boss when shes not in the local postcode :D
Anyways heres my current rig and best time around Brands Hatch with my FG1000 prepatch and after... using the rubber band to try n help but yeah its not working I pride in being fast but not as slow as that 4-5 seconds differences just in a controller setup
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/project%20c%20ars/20150531_211251.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/project%20c%20ars/20150531_211251.jpg.html)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/project%20c%20ars/20150531_211311.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/project%20c%20ars/20150531_211311.jpg.html)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/project%20c%20ars/20150528_202053.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/project%20c%20ars/20150528_202053.jpg.html)

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 11:31
I'm a little confused. enjoyed reading your tunes so far. But are you saying that when the xbox pad was pretty much just a lock to lock switch you were lots faster than now it,s more linear? Don't see how that is sim like at all? You couldn't drive a real car lie hat, physically even if you wand to. Or have I misunderstood?

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 11:33
Try running in hood camera, but set camera at 90 in the settings menu first, see if it shaves a bit of time off, im gonna try with your tune later :) whats ur brands lb position so i can find ur ghost? :D

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 11:37
I'm a little confused. enjoyed reading your tunes so far. But are you saying that when the xbox pad was pretty much just a lock to lock switch you were lots faster than now it,s more linear? Don't see how that is sim like at all? You couldn't drive a real car lie hat, physically even if you wand to. Or have I misunderstood?

I dont know if its patch related or not tbh, but i raced my spa/rwd p30 lmp1 ghost last night, n for some reason my ghost left me for dust through au rouge

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 11:40

Exactly try holding the stick 3/4 of the way and make finer adjustments and then go back to 3/4 of the way its hard work, no you couldnt drive a real car like that all cos thatll be silly driving a car with a controller, however this game wasnt advertised as needing additional hardware such as a steering wheel and pedals...

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 11:41
Try running in hood camera, but set camera at 90 in the settings menu first, see if it shaves a bit of time off, im gonna try with your tune later :) whats ur brands lb position so i can find ur ghost? :D

No idea mate i have raced my FA car on there and lbs only save fastest time in fastest car :(

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 11:43
No idea mate i have raced my FA car on there and lbs only save fastest time in fastest car :(

Is that a 1:23.617 in the screenshot?

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 11:48
Is that a 1:23.617 in the screenshot?

Yes 1:23.6XX in practice mode

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 11:51
Yes 1:23.6XX in practice mode

You up for setting up a private lobby, with a lengthy quali session later, n competing for times?

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 11:53
You up for setting up a private lobby, with a lengthy quali session later, n competing for times?Ill be off to bed soon 10pm here gotta work tomorrow bud

Are you online

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 11:56
Ill be off to bed soon 10pm here gotta work tomorrow bud

Are you online

Appearing off atm while i complete the man jobs around the castle lol, but send me a F.R on xbl :cool:

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 12:13
Exactly try holding the stick 3/4 of the way and make finer adjustments and then go back to 3/4 of the way its hard work, no you couldnt drive a real car like that all cos thatll be silly driving a car with a controller, however this game wasnt advertised as needing additional hardware such as a steering wheel and pedals...

I couldn't I can't even get round a bend with a controller, that's how I ended up with the TX wheel on XBOX one in the first place:) Always wondered how the controller guys get anywhere near the wheel times, but it's down to how the game interprets input then I get it. But that must mean as much as this and other games, claim to be sims, they aren't really if using controllers, so the times should be in different lists as they don't really compare, almost a different game as far as control is concerned.

Must be bad news when you've adapted to a way of playing. Silly suggestion, but can't you therefore use the DPad as control, or is it something between the analogue stick and DPad you need?

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 12:34
I couldn't I can't even get round a bend with a controller, that's how I ended up with the TX wheel on XBOX one in the first place:) Always wondered how the controller guys get anywhere near the wheel times, but it's down to how the game interprets input then I get it. But that must mean as much as this and other games, claim to be sims, they aren't really if using controllers, so the times should be in different lists as they don't really compare, almost a different game as far as control is concerned.

Must be bad news when you've adapted to a way of playing. Silly suggestion, but can't you therefore use the DPad as control, or is it something between the analogue stick and DPad you need?

Ill be getting a tx wheel soon just gotta use the nagging technique my wife uses, yeah Idk ive been playing with a controller for around 16-17 years just use to it, but the game use to limited stick imputs now with full input just made it really hard, idk with the controller vs wheel both have their plus and minus's now there's more minus's now such as now have to spend up to $1500 for a simulation rig and new monitor just deciding whether to just go all out n go 3 screens whilst Im at it, lets just say I wont have a dinning table and dining room much longer lol

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 12:35
Appearing off atm while i complete the man jobs around the castle lol, but send me a F.R on xbl :cool:

Already done bud

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 13:08
Ill be getting a tx wheel soon just gotta use the nagging technique my wife uses

Somehow i dont think a nookie bans gonna work in your favour lol :culpability:

Id wait till after e3 till u make a firm decision on display, i read theres some VR anouncement from microsoft, poss oculus, poss hololens, poss jus web news butt spit, im not sure tbh.

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 13:15
Somehow i dont think a nookie bans gonna work in your favour lol :culpability:

Id wait till after e3 till u make a firm decision on display, i read theres some VR anouncement from microsoft, poss oculus, poss hololens, poss jus web news butt spit, im not sure tbh.

Not sure what you mean mate with the display Ill most likely get something pc compatible as well for later if I go PC

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 13:19
Not sure what you mean mate with the display Ill most likely get something pc compatible as well for later if I go PC

E3 in june aparently microsoft might be anouncing news abt a virtual reality(VR) headset.

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 13:25
E3 in june aparently microsoft might be anouncing news abt a virtual reality(VR) headset.

Oh god Im definitely not ready for that I would like to experience a triple screen setup tho :D

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 13:28
Oh god Im definitely not ready for that I would like to experience a triple screen setup tho :D

Seriously mate, search youtube "oculus rift project cars" tis the future i tell thee :cool:

Id post a link but im using xb1 internet as my pc's in bits atm

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 13:35
Ill be getting a tx wheel soon just gotta use the nagging technique my wife uses, yeah Idk ive been playing with a controller for around 16-17 years just use to it, but the game use to limited stick imputs now with full input just made it really hard, idk with the controller vs wheel both have their plus and minus's now there's more minus's now such as now have to spend up to $1500 for a simulation rig and new monitor just deciding whether to just go all out n go 3 screens whilst Im at it, lets just say I wont have a dinning table and dining room much longer lol

Don't waste money on 3 screens, it is zero comparison to the rift. I'll never play on a screen again.

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 13:38
Seriously mate, search youtube "oculus rift project cars" tis the future i tell thee :cool:

Id post a link but im using xb1 internet as my pc's in bits atm

Don't waste money on 3 screens, it is zero comparison to the rift. I'll never play on a screen again.

Ive just had a quick look that looks amazing Im gonna look stupid tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IClKT_UeebU

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 13:48

Maybe while in the comfort of ur own home, but out on the track you'll look like a legend! lol :cool:

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 14:10

1 thing im dying to know abt pcars/oculus is... when using helmet cam, does helmet move with your head, or does your head turn inside the helmet?

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 15:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IClKT_UeebU

I look like an F**** idiot, but it is incredible, seriously. It will completely ruin any other gaming for you though. I'm sat in front and to the left of the TV, which I have to have on to setup the race, then I race with my USB headphoines on, with SImvibe shaking me all over the place and when I've finished it seems more unreal to be back at home than in the sim. Don't even need a second screen, got my PC next door with cables through the wall and I only need the TV for a minute or two between races or practice sessions.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 15:58
1 thing im dying to know abt pcars/oculus is... when using helmet cam, does helmet move with your head, or does your head turn inside the helmet?

It's nothing like that, it's just like your sat in the car, you can lean in to look round the car, stand up and look at your car and watch others go past, a complete 360 degree view in all directions, up/down/left/right. It isn't like you're looking at a screen at all, it's like you are really there, and you're eyesight has lost a little resolution:) It's NOTHING like 3D films. After a few mintes, you'll reach out to touch butons on your dash and wheel that aren't there.

NVI0U5
31-05-2015, 23:01
looks like a nightmare to setup

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide/page6