PDA

View Full Version : Great Game, Great Forum

Driv3r
30-05-2015, 12:10
After the initial troubles with the controller, the work-around settings made this game playable. But after the patch I just had to reset the settings and driving was transformed to an outstanding level. The game is now starting to show its true potential on XB1. Flat out down the Mulsan straight in a pack of 35 GT cars at night is spine tinglingly brilliant. What's also great is the level of enthusiasm and support on this forum. Some hard work to get settings options by various members has helped to quickly adapt the controls while lots of helpful and friendly tips contribute to the overall community. Yes, there are still issues with sound (a race around Bathurst in a silent R8 was quite funny) and frame rate but the notable visibility of Ian Bell and SMS shows they are listening and I'm confident future patches will keep improvements coming. This is going to be a classic.

LADY GEMMA JANE
30-05-2015, 12:10
4 sure

nissan4ever
30-05-2015, 12:13
4 sure

Weren't you on Forza Forums?? Your name looks so familiar. If you who I think you are, did you replace your TX?

LADY GEMMA JANE
30-05-2015, 12:18
Weren't you on Forza Forums?? Your name looks so familiar. If you who I think you are, did you replace your TX?

Yes I was on forza forums

Captain Hogseye
30-05-2015, 13:11
It's great being along for the ride from day one, hopefully helping it develop into the pinnacle of racing sims, not just having a yearly title thrust upon us with no developer interaction of development.

The future is so bright for the game and community.

milliotseb
31-05-2015, 07:07
a race around Bathurst in a silent R8 was quite funny

Have you tried to restart the race? It happened to me two times already that car goes silent at race start. A race restart fixed it
Agree that now, forum discussion is constructive and more friendly

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 08:19
It's nice to see things settling down, and xboxers being able to play the game as intended. All the WMD testing was done on PC, we weren't able to test bugs on console due to restrictions from MS/Sony, so sorry that you guys had a rocky start.
There are still things to fix and SMS are on it as we speak, but they had to release the game so that they could get the project started in the world, get some cashflow to feed their families and create a stable base from which to develop more content.
This month really is just the beginning, there is some absolutely stunning stuff coming up that wasn't ready in time for release, so stick around, it'll only get better.

d4ninho
31-05-2015, 10:11
you couldn't test on console, so why is the ps4 version so much better than the xbox version, ps version didn't need controller tweaks yet that's a console, surely pc uses a similar code to the xbox both being Microsoft yet weirdly the ps4 runs better than the xbox version, that's just weird to me,lol

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 10:56
Sorry, no idea why :confused: