PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Replay Exporting???

Dynomight Motorsports
30-05-2015, 12:21
Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there a way to export your Race Replays over to Youtube? Right now all I can think of is Playing the Replay and Twitching, then Exporting to Youtube. I tried this last night only to have the Game/Replay stop every time while broadcasting, and crash out to the Home screen. I go back into the Game and have to start all over again.
If there isn't a way to do this can we possibly see an update to have this in the Future?

Again if anyone else knows a better way to export these saved race replays, please let me know. :confused:

Oi Oi JC
30-05-2015, 12:45
I think with xbone the only way is to use a pvr device like an Egalto HD60 or a Hauppauge HD pvr 2

Dynomight Motorsports
30-05-2015, 13:28
I don't understand that, you can download the Youtube App and directly upload game clips taken with the Xbox, but they are only 5 mins long. The game should allow us to export these video's so we can use Youtube App and place on our Channel. It would definitely boost Sales, and Product Knowledge if everyone one had the ability to do this, which is nothing but Win Win for @SMS and @WMD.

jonnotheone
30-05-2015, 14:23
I asked this question awhile ago and the answer I got was it is something they are looking in to and may be avalible in the future lol

Oi Oi JC
30-05-2015, 14:54
PS4 allows up to 15 minutes of recording then you can upload them straight to Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, why ms didn't include the same feature on xbone is beyond me.

oscarolim
30-05-2015, 15:24
Or you can stream to twitch and then export to youtube. No time limit.

PTG Ducky
31-05-2015, 10:27
At the moment if you want to export you have to watch the replay while recording DVR either on the Xbox or on Elgato etc..

To any mod is there going to be a way we can get our replay's without have to re-watch past races?

Umer Ahmad
31-05-2015, 10:49
Really not sure how it works on xbox.

On PC at the end of each race we have a "save" replay button. This creates a .med file under the /media folder of the game installation. We can later go and watch these .med files in the game. I use a recorsing software (DXTory) to record a .avi file and then i use Windows Movie Maker (free) to convert to .mp4 and the upload the .mp4 file to youtube.

I dont know on your xbox if you have direct access to the .med replay. And anyway the .med files are a speci for at that only the game can use.

rocafella1978
24-07-2015, 04:21
is there an option to export "saved replays" from PS4 in pCARS game? i can see them in game, but can't see them in the file system...?

Megalomanic87
24-07-2015, 05:15
Best way is to watch the replay and use game DVR to record.

Be warned, it crashes after about 2 minutes.

nissan4ever
24-07-2015, 06:06
You can upload video on Xbox One Upload Studio. Just check out Xbox One game dvr & upload studio on your console.

Umer Ahmad
24-07-2015, 06:19
is there an option to export "saved replays" from PS4 in pCARS game? i can see them in game, but can't see them in the file system...?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34386-ANSWERED-Replay-upload&p=1036672#post1036672

TAAT GUNA
24-07-2015, 06:33
Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there a way to export your Race Replays over to Youtube? Right now all I can think of is Playing the Replay and Twitching, then Exporting to Youtube. I tried this last night only to have the Game/Replay stop every time while broadcasting, and crash out to the Home screen. I go back into the Game and have to start all over again.
If there isn't a way to do this can we possibly see an update to have this in the Future?

Again if anyone else knows a better way to export these saved race replays, please let me know. :confused:

You can upload up to 30 minutes to YouTube, do like this.. When the replay starts pause it, then snap game dvr, new chip (up to 5 min) and start replay, when the clip reaches 5 min pause the replay and let the popup from clip saved apear and then do it again until full replay.. After that go to upload studio, trim the clips, put it all together and upload to xbox and one drive app... Sound complicated but its not, very simple in fact... The only thing against its the upload time that it takes..

Hammerpgh
24-07-2015, 08:36
You can upload up to 30 minutes to YouTube, do like this.. When the replay starts pause it, then snap game dvr, new chip (up to 5 min) and start replay, when the clip reaches 5 min pause the replay and let the popup from clip saved apear and then do it again until full replay.. After that go to upload studio, trim the clips, put it all together and upload to xbox and one drive app... Sound complicated but its not, very simple in fact... The only thing against its the upload time that it takes..
I wasn't aware that you could do that so thanks for the heads up but it does seem a bit of a convuluted and time consuming way to have to do something that should be so simple. I guess racing games were not in MS's mind when they looked at this facility. Short clips I can see are useful for other games but for racing much longer is needed most of the time.

Hammerpgh
24-07-2015, 08:37
You can upload video on Xbox One Upload Studio. Just check out Xbox One game dvr & upload studio on your console.
Yes true but it's the restriction to such short clips that makes it not very useful for us in the racing community.

Hammerpgh
24-07-2015, 08:42
Or you can stream to twitch and then export to youtube. No time limit.

This is a nice feature of the One although I have had some issues with Twitch broadcasts not saving now and then. Thankfully it hasn't happened the last few times I have tried it but it is very frustrating when you race, think it is recording (no message comes up to the contrary) and then when you check your past broadcasts it's not there :mad: No response from the Twitch support about it either, they don;ty seem very good at responding to anything which has put me off going the paid route with them.

Hammerpgh
24-07-2015, 08:48
At least we seem to be better able to share longer replays than on the PS4 who do not have the Twitch app as far as I can tell. Really don't want to have to go down the route of buying another capture device. I have one for my 360 but it's not compatible with the One unfortunately.

TAAT GUNA
24-07-2015, 09:16
I wasn't aware that you could do that so thanks for the heads up but it does seem a bit of a convuluted and time consuming way to have to do something that should be so simple. I guess racing games were not in MS's mind when they looked at this facility. Short clips I can see are useful for other games but for racing much longer is needed most of the time.

Trust me, its easy and fast, you can create a 30min clip in 10min,but upload to onedrive might take 2 hr.. Lol, Depends on Internet u got

Hammerpgh
24-07-2015, 09:26
Trust me, its easy and fast, you can create a 30min clip in 10min,but upload to onedrive might take 2 hr.. Lol, Depends on Internet u got
Is 30 minutes the maximum you can do? What format does the Upload Studio produce the video in? I haven't experimented with that so far.

bumpkin
24-07-2015, 09:47
Here is a 10 minute video I made using a saved replay in Upload Studio and then to my OneDrive. It saves as an MP4 and can then be downloaded to your PC for editing and upload to anywhere else you want, no need for additional recording boxes, Upload allows five minutes clips, but the studio allows you to sew them together.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7D53F4BBD83A79C!268&cid=07D53F4BBD83A79C&group=0&parId=7D53F4BBD83A79C!108&o=OneUp

Beltoon
24-07-2015, 09:55
Shitty solution... But there are more serious problems SMS can work on.

Raven403
27-07-2015, 13:24
So while I guess the question was technically "Answered" I feel like it actually isnt.

Will there be a way, that we can Save a Replay and "upload" it all in two button presses like it was in the Forza games. I get there are processes and complicated steps to take and stuff to buy to record a replay but it would be nice to be able to either export the replay to a site (Youtube app) or USB device right from the Xbox, without having to spend hours in some cases Watching the race again, or cutting and splicing 5 minute clips.....