PDA

View Full Version : Sound missing sometimes

TheMaggie
30-05-2015, 16:30
Randomly (rare) when I start a race all I can hear is the sound of the lights going red, red, red, green and my race engineer (I think I can, I'll have to verify next time this hits). No engine, no tires, no nothing. Restarting the session fixes it but it's frustrating. Makes you realize how much you depend on the good sounds for driving.

SchnauzahPowah
30-05-2015, 17:55
Same for me, its random though. I've noticed if I pause and watch a replay for a tick and go back the sound returns.

madmax2069
30-05-2015, 18:16
Ive ran into this a few times, as well as only the engine for some reason gets lowered to the point of hardly not being able to hear it (but other sounds and opponents engine sounds all are at normal levels).

It is listed in the known issues list.

vglnte102
30-05-2015, 18:38
Almost every race for me. I close the game and start it again and comes back

Stephen Baysted
30-05-2015, 19:44
This being worked on by the code team guys.

transfix
30-05-2015, 21:55
@Stephen Do you think it has anything to do with the network?

Stephen Baysted
30-05-2015, 22:46
@Stephen Do you think it has anything to do with the network?

It might do transfix, but to be honest, it's not my area of expertise, so I'd just be guessing. Our coders will find the issue though and fix it.

Dynomight Motorsports
31-05-2015, 01:48
Sometimes mine sounds like an Engine under water, in a metal barrel. It's horrible, usually through a corner, so you can't hear any tire slide or wheel spin. Yeah you do depend on sound a lot in a race car. If you do enough laps at a track you can drive it purely based on the pitch of the engine exiting a corner or downshifting.

thisisbleep
31-05-2015, 05:04
Try hard resetting the console if you experience it, that seems to fix most random issues.

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 10:30
I've run into this as well, in the SMS-R event at Silverstone GP with the SLS AMG GT3. Whenever I loaded one driver's ghost (I think it was Schumi's, but it was probably before he posted his current time) I didn't have any sounds at all. If I didn't load it I had sounds every time. Weird one that.

KkDrummer
03-06-2015, 12:13
This happens every time a play. Sound is gone or it gets distorted and it remains distorted for 30 secs up to a min than it comes to normal. Even the engineer's voice gets distorted..it is like a mix of sounds, car engine, curb, voice etc... getting mixed up. It is pretty annoying because I know it will happen =/

grrrillapmp
03-06-2015, 13:12
I usually just return to the pit box and the sound comes in.

Stephen Baysted
04-06-2015, 19:16
This happens every time a play. Sound is gone or it gets distorted and it remains distorted for 30 secs up to a min than it comes to normal. Even the engineer's voice gets distorted..it is like a mix of sounds, car engine, curb, voice etc... getting mixed up. It is pretty annoying because I know it will happen =/

Any chance you can capture this for us KkDrummer?

Jayzhun
20-06-2018, 18:34
I’m pretty sure this I the same issue reported here.
I’m playing on an Xbox One and have no sound after the initial title sequence.
I’ve checked my sound settings and they all look fine.

I’ve tried reinstallin the game and this has NOT fixed the issue.
I’ve tried restarting the race, and taking a screenshot while racing, doesn’t work.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks in advance.