PDA

View Full Version : T100 squeaky pedal!!!

Jakshemash
30-05-2015, 16:41
Hi guys,

I just bought the T100 and the experience is much better than using a controller. However, after like 4 hours of gameplay, the accelerator pedal started to squeak and it just gets worse. It's really annoying. Should I lubricate it with oil/grease? Thanks for your help in advance.

nhraracer
30-05-2015, 17:17
Yep. The accelerator pedals rubs the side of the pedal box and is annoying! Glad i have my Fanatec v2's. lol. I had some extra clear energy suspension bushing grease i used to get rid of the annoyance. You only need a small amount and you will see where it was rubbing so you know where to put it. Good luck.

Jakshemash
30-05-2015, 19:40
Thanks, however I do not have any grease at home right now, but I will find some. By further investigating the pedals, I found that the brake pedal is squeaking a bit because as you said, it's touching the side of the pedal box. The gas pedal is more like a creak. If I press it, the noise is loud and it seems like the movement of the pedal presses against the bottom plastic. I tried loosening the screws at the back but did not help. I bought it couple of days ago, should i resolve it on my own or return it as it is under warranty?

nhraracer
30-05-2015, 19:54
Thanks, however I do not have any grease at home right now, but I will find some. By further investigating the pedals, I found that the brake pedal is squeaking a bit because as you said, it's touching the side of the pedal box. The gas pedal is more like a creak. If I press it, the noise is loud and it seems like the movement of the pedal presses against the bottom plastic. I tried loosening the screws at the back but did not help. I bought it couple of days ago, should i resolve it on my own or return it as it is under warranty?

Well....Mine did it so it's common issue and more than likely the new set will do the same thing. A dab of grease and it'll go away. It's up to you how you want to take care of it. Good luck.