PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Lock When Stopped

Rockefelluh
30-05-2015, 17:37
I know this has been mentioned in some threads, but it needs to be highlighted, or at least a fix if someone can help. On patch 1.3, when stopped the wheel locks left, right, or straight and the force to move it is turned up to 11 on a scale of 10. When it locks in a crash or spin the wheel is absolutely RIPPED from your hands and locked in on of those positions. This is seriously dangerous and I almost get my thumbs caught.

I know in a real race car the wheel spins uncontrollably in a crash or spin. But the physics aren't right in this case when stopped. This is dangerous and I hope someone on here knows how to fix this. The wheel spinning is part of the realism, but the lock at the end (especially left or right locked) I would be isn't.

CSD
30-05-2015, 18:04
This is now happening to me after updating the firmware on my mad Catz wheel. Nearly impossible to play the game now.

I don't get it. When I first got the game I had no issues and now with all the updates and fixes it is riddled with problems and unplayable. Very upsetting

BufordTJust1c3
30-05-2015, 18:06
I agree, this needs to be sorted.

The wheel is locking at 10mph or less and should not do this.

Mr Dartin
30-05-2015, 18:12
This has now totally spoiled my enjoyment of an otherwise excellent game. It needs Fixing.

Reinart86
30-05-2015, 18:25
I think they acknowledged that the patch brought new ffb problems with it and are working on it. They didn't mention this specific problem though, but seeing how they responded in the thread that was discussing this i think they know some of us if not all wheel users are having this issue. I hope the fix is in 1.4, because this is really annoying! Almost as annoying as the no ffb(unless you butcher the settings :D) when driving issue.

Startfast
30-05-2015, 18:26
It is happening to me as well in Time Trials. Restarting the session fixes it, as well as getting your speed above 10mph. Very annoying.

Tillj
30-05-2015, 18:52
This is now happening to me after updating the firmware on my mad Catz wheel. Nearly impossible to play the game now.

I don't get it. When I first got the game I had no issues and now with all the updates and fixes it is riddled with problems and unplayable. Very upsetting

I on the firmware the madcatz wheel comes with and I am experiencing this issue when stationary, locks to the left or right. I guess it should have heavy steering but shouldn't lock left or right. Im glad im not the only one experiencing this on my wheel.

Spoke to a TX user he expereicnes heavy steering stationary but not the locking. Any TX users here?

Mr Dartin
30-05-2015, 19:05
I'm on the TX458 Italia wheel and experience the same wheel lock as described in the first post. It can be quite severe and happen unexpectedly. Cannot believe that this was missed on testing the patch prior to release !

BufordTJust1c3
30-05-2015, 19:09
I on the firmware the madcatz wheel comes with and I am experiencing this issue when stationary, locks to the left or right. I guess it should have heavy steering but shouldn't lock left or right. Im glad im not the only one experiencing this on my wheel.

Spoke to a TX user he expereicnes heavy steering stationary but not the locking. Any TX users here?

I use the TX and im not liking this. You have to put way too much pressure on the wheel at a standstill when i should be able to stop the car with the steering at any angle i like.

I have to say this is the best racing game i have ever played on a console using a wheel but the small gripes i have with this game are turning into big gripes.

Frog T
30-05-2015, 19:12
I got this issue. I use a TX wheel, on the start line its locked solid, cant move it until 10 mph. I had a spin yesterday and ended up pointing at the wall. my options were reverse onto the track as I was stopped and the wheel was locked. I had to reverse to 10mph which took me straight to the scene of the accident. Game over!
This is my first problem with the game and its a bit dangerous imo. This needs fixing or we will be starting a new thread called - show us you broken finger lol.

robbyrocketz
30-05-2015, 19:25
I also have the TX 458 and have the same issue, the wheel locks up every time I come too a full stop and slowly releases as I start too drive again.

Im not sure if this is how these vehicles are supposed too be as im aware that most race vehicle are lacking power steering.

viper11851
30-05-2015, 19:42
Same here I also have to Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX and it locks up when sitting still.

Sankyo
30-05-2015, 19:47
Pretty sure that the devs know the issue and that it will be fixed in a future patch. When on PC and if possible for your wheel, lower the spring force value in the driver or on the wheel. Not sure if you can do this on the consoles as well (on Fanatec wheels you can do it on the wheel itself, it's called 'Spr' in the tuning menu).

BufordTJust1c3
30-05-2015, 19:48
If you drive your car at 15mph with full lock and slow down under 10mph the wheel will violent centre itself. This has nothing to do with 'power steering' or a 'race car'.

I can still do a 3 point turn in my real car on a real road without going above 10mph.

Been enjoying this buggy game but now it's starting to bug me :(

Mr Dartin
30-05-2015, 19:54
Aston Martin GT3 cars have hydraulic power assisted steering in real life so I hope this bug is fixed real soon and we can experience a true simulation racing game

Herr Heinrich
30-05-2015, 21:44
I have the issue as well, wasn't sure what was going on at first. Once I spun out again the wheel had a seizure and ripped itself out of my hands and continued to rock back and forth, had to quit the game. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Benja190782
30-05-2015, 22:02
Same issue here with my TX wheel...

Haiden
30-05-2015, 22:26
Same.

Rockefelluh
30-05-2015, 22:42
On TX myself.

Pretty sure that the devs know the issue and that it will be fixed in a future patch. When on PC and if possible for your wheel, lower the spring force value in the driver or on the wheel. Not sure if you can do this on the consoles as well (on Fanatec wheels you can do it on the wheel itself, it's called 'Spr' in the tuning menu).

Thanks for the reply. I don't recognize that slider but will look around when I'm on the game next.

jschenard
31-05-2015, 01:50
forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28443-TX-wheel-unusable-after-1-3-update

brokengaaame
31-05-2015, 04:02
I have the issue as well, wasn't sure what was going on at first. Once I spun out again the wheel had a seizure and ripped itself out of my hands and continued to rock back and forth, had to quit the game. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

THIS. it's WAY worse than just full lock. It jolts back and forth severely. unplayable.

PTG Claret
31-05-2015, 05:59
I get it.

Quite dangerous really - this should be a very high priority. This really caught me off guard and really hurt my finger.

I have the FFB turned way down because I'm a weakling, but when this happens, FFB is at 200%!!

Robhd
31-05-2015, 10:44
Guess what... My TX is the same

RoccoTTS
31-05-2015, 11:00
Guess what... Everyone has it. We already know that.

Seps1974
31-05-2015, 11:43
Lets just hope this gets fixed with next patch.