PDA

View Full Version : Pit stop

Emilio
30-05-2015, 18:54
I can't seem to get the pit crew to start a job when I pull of the track to do a pit stop, I just roll right through. What do I have to press to pull in to have the pit crew do work on my car?

Thanks in advance

Bealdor
30-05-2015, 18:57
Are you playing Time Trial? Pit stops are disabled in this gamemode.

Emilio
30-05-2015, 19:03
I am playing race weekend and free practice...also I just noticed my platform was set to PC but I am on ps4 I just changed my platform in my profile to ps4 sorry for the confusion.

BDR Daz
30-05-2015, 19:14
Are you talking that the car stops but nothing seems to happen on the car, or you dont stop in the pits at all ?

The former, the animations havent been added yet they are coming soon

Emilio
30-05-2015, 19:18
I don't stop at all...I roll into the pit area but just keep rolling through, I get the menu for pit crew stragity and switch driver but that's it, I see my pit guy waiting for me but I pass right by him and then back to the track. Am I maybe missing something?

awaite85
30-05-2015, 19:23
I don't stop at all...I roll into the pit area but just keep rolling through, I get the menu for pit crew stragity and switch driver but that's it, I see my pit guy waiting for me but I pass right by him and then back to the track. Am I maybe missing something?

Strategy*

If you're selecting 'switch driver' maybe it is overriding the pit Strategy* you created.

Emilio
30-05-2015, 19:28
Ok, thank you, I will try that...

Rippersport
30-05-2015, 21:01
I'm using this thread so I don't have to make a new one.

So I was doing a 26 lap GT3 class race at Silverstone with a mandatory pitstop, fine by me. About half way through I decided to pit, had made a good lead and was running out of fuel anyway. Ok, new tires and a... nope, no fuel in the tank. Wtf? Tried again on the next lap with only a fuelstop, same story, and my first place disapeared with the red glow of distant taillights. Tried again just for kicks, nope.

I ragequit, read through the regulation, find out that refueling isn't allowed. Fine, I'm still calm...

But then the question this lame story was building up to; Why did the game start me with less fuel I needed to complete the race when refuling isn't allowed? And how the hell do I change my starting fuel?

Thanks.

Bealdor
30-05-2015, 21:03
You have to set the right amount of fuel in your car setup. You can set qualifying and race/practice fuel loads independantly.

Rippersport
30-05-2015, 21:16
You have to set the right amount of fuel in your car setup. You can set qualifying and race/practice fuel loads independantly.

Oh, yeah I found it. Didn't notice the submenu under the vehicle tab. I was wondering why I only could tune the tires and brakes.

Sorry, and thanks.

MaestroGlanz
03-10-2015, 07:39
Same Problem here. If Im going into the pit stop lane, it takes my steering and steers automatically. The Menu opens normally and asks me for the pit stop strategy. If I select change driver, I get the steering back and can go whereever I want to. If I dont select anything or just confirm the settings, the car goes right through without any stop (and refilling fuel of course), back on the track and gives me the steering back.
I ve got the Xbox One and a Thrustmaster wheel.

Levenminis
11-11-2015, 16:45
Same problem here (on PC), after requesting a pit stop I was expecting to be told it was ready so that when I pulled in it would automatically go through the routine. It doesn't the car just keeps on rolling through - nothing I have tried seems to activate the pit stop, and I have to <esc> and manually close the menu - by that time I'm back on the track and usually in the wall.

cmch15
11-11-2015, 17:49
This was posted by a guy in the group I race with. Hopefully this will help you folks too.

Unless pitstops are mandatory you will need to map a button to make "pit request". If you just drive in it will drive through, from memory. If stops are not allowed then I guess the car will just drive through pitlane too.

Most importantly, once you have made any changes you must press close.

Pit Strategy & Pitstop Guide

Ok as promised for those who this will help.

Inside Pit Garage, Practice/Qualifying

1. Click Edit Pit Strategy

Fuel, easy enough to know what this does. However if the marker is red then its telling you that amount of fuel will not get you to the end.

Change Tyres, 3 settings here, Symmetrical, Asymmetrical & No
Symmetrical allows you to change the compound of one tyre which in turn will change the other 3 tyres to same compound automatically.
Asymmetrical allows you to change the compound of each tyre independently of each other.
And No, ofcourse means tyres will not be changed in the pitstop.

Tyre Pressure
Here you want to make sure you match the tyre pressures to those you will be starting the race with.
Or you maybe want to lower/raise them slightly in anticipation of a stop in Colder/Hotter track conditions weather etc.

Once you've done you can push square to rename that strategy so its easy to remember or find.

Once thats done push X to save.

When it returns you to pit strategy menu you can push triangle to make that strategy you just created the active pitstop strategy.

Pitstop During Racing
There are 4 options, Edit Current, View Saved, Swap Driver & Close

Edit Current Allows you to edit your pit strategy. The same way as Step 1 above shows

View Saved If you have created and saved multiple strategys, this lets you pick one quickly on the move.
Note. When you open View Saved if you wish to use a different saved strategy you must first push triangle to activate that strategy.
You may also have to push circle to return to the 4 options menu.

Swap Driver Self explanatory, AI takes over your car. However you can still control when AI pits by pushing the request pitstop button
If you have one mapped.
Pushing Swap Driver again will hand control back to you.

Close Lastly but most importantly you must select Close to confirm, pitcrew will not do anything till you Close the menu.

Hope this helps guys those who might still be learning the pitstops.
Made it as simple as i could but if theres anything you don't understand just ask I'm happy to help.

Catch ya later :encouragement: