PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite confused.

Blind Speed
30-05-2015, 20:10
So yes, add another one to the list of people complaining that my community event lap times or time trial times are not registering. Is this simply because I didn't make the top 3000? If so, that's dumb, wouldn't cut their jewels off to show the top 10,000 or 50,000. I see this is a well documented gripe, but it needs to be fixed ASAP. However, if times aren't registering for anybody, how come there is still a leaderboard with times that did register?

Second, the time trials are all screwed up and undermined by the fact they divide them by race car class for each track, instead of for each individual car. While that may seem at first like a bloated number of leaderboards, it allows each car to get some spotlight, as in a game where theres nothing to unlock, theres instantly no reason to drive a lot of the cars because in any given class theres MAYBE 2-3 kind of "best in class" OP cars that everyone uses and you are wasting your time not using them, IMO because they made the "class" distinctions too broad for what cars belong to what class. Anyway, if you had separate leaderboards for each car that would be awesome. Please devs, please please do this it will add a lot to the game for those of us who don't want to follow the "dominant meta/strategy" of using the same 2 cars (or even only 1 car) in every class for competitive hot lapping. Some of us literally cant yet handle some of the OP best in class cars anyway, I want to be able to compete against others at my skill level in more easy-to-get-into rides. Some of those middling or lesser race cars are still amazingly fun to drive and its a shame those of us who enjoy them can't compete directly with each other.

Bubbs
30-05-2015, 21:26
The Driveclub leaderboards on time trials have an overall board and a 'per-car' board, which works quite well. Means if you're crap at driving a really fast car (like me) then you can have a good old crack at a time trial with a slower car.

Dunno how hard it is to split the data though to show tables per car. Possibly not *that* difficult, just a case of adding pages and sorting by manufacturer / type :)

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 21:32
We have it on the PC and I think it will come to the PS4 eventually.

xXDoc187Xx
31-05-2015, 04:14
So yes, add another one to the list of people complaining that my community event lap times or time trial times are not registering. Is this simply because I didn't make the top 3000?

I find that odd because I race a ghost in the top 30 and beat it by 2secs and my time never made the leaderboard.