PDA

View Full Version : LMP1 at Le Mans (24 hours real time)

bpeters1439
30-05-2015, 23:40
So I need a set up that will at least let my engine last for a good 6 laps with lap time around 3:35-3:40 and will keep my speed up to compete with the AI at difficulty 80%. Any help will be appreciated!
(Ps4 by the way)

FMS TopSecret
31-05-2015, 00:27

Gears:
FD 3.22
1st 2.84
2nd 2.00
3rd 1.72
4th 1.42
5th 1.28
6th 1.15

Diff:
Accel 30%
decel 0%
Slip 20N-m
Visc 0.01%
radiator 35%

Had the steering ratio at 12:9:1 and managed a 3.22.5 on my first flying lap on time trials, just dont take Indianapolis corner flat out, brake into 4th gear otherwise you will go into the barrier on the right side. hope this helps.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 02:10
Oh I read your title and I thought it was over, judging by yourstart time lol
Its a tune. Sorry it is late. 6 laps?? Thats a bit of a slow car!! I thought it was for 24 hours, so whats that X4, have you put the fuel use up to simulate the weight loss? Beats dieting:D

What motors that?

hkraft300
31-05-2015, 09:30
So I need a set up that will at least let my engine last for a good 6 laps with lap time around 3:35-3:40 and will keep my speed up to compete with the AI at difficulty 80%. Any help will be appreciated!
(Ps4 by the way)

what car are you competing with? The RWD and Marek you can't push 100% of the time and need to manage your tire/brake/water/oil temps so you don't over-drive your car. Radiator @ 100%

Coasting a little before a corner helps me keep water/oil temp down the best.

Soeren Kolodziej
31-05-2015, 09:35
R18-TDi
Mine Qualy 3:27īs Race 3:29īs

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 10:01
OMG you guys have your caster high enough!! I bet you got no slow speed turn in and grip with them that high. Do they lean over alot then? Im not taking the p@#@s just curious. Thanks.

FMS TopSecret
31-05-2015, 13:43
what car are you competing with? The RWD and Marek you can't push 100% of the time and need to manage your tire/brake/water/oil temps so you don't over-drive your car. Radiator @ 100%

Coasting a little before a corner helps me keep water/oil temp down the best.

with the marek and RWD you will just have to change gears on the green light instead of the red or orange and change a little later when breaking to not cook the engine, with 100% i feel you wont get much out of the car. i agree with coasting, brake earlier for the corners and let it coast through, especially porsche curves. and dont force it through the corners as being simple and smooth will get you into a rhythm and can be as fast if done well, this will also spare your tires.

FMS TopSecret
31-05-2015, 13:53
OMG you guys have your caster high enough!! I bet you got no slow speed turn in and grip with them that high. Do they lean over alot then? Im not taking the p@#@s just curious. Thanks.

i have my caster high because of the straight line stability, i dont want my car being twitchy on a straight at 200mph, plus there are only a few corners that need quicker steering which are the chicanes and you only go through 4 in total to the mass amounts of straights. the stability will aid overtaking too as at high speeds stability is the most important thing. a lower caster would benefit a TT but on le mans in a race your not going to be overtaking on tight slow hairpins that le mans has, it would be safe to use the LMP's straight line speed and overtake GT's then. with the low aero you shouldn't have to many problems overtaking the other lmp's as you will be 10-15mph faster.

hkraft300
31-05-2015, 20:12
R18-TDi
Mine Qualy 3:27īs Race 3:29īs

Lucky I have Google Translate xD Will definitely check out this tune. The R18 is giving me a hard time.

with the marek and RWD you will just have to change gears on the green light instead of the red or orange and change a little later when breaking to not cook the engine, with 100% i feel you wont get much out of the car. i agree with coasting, brake earlier for the corners and let it coast through, especially porsche curves. and dont force it through the corners as being simple and smooth will get you into a rhythm and can be as fast if done well, this will also spare your tires.

Haven't tried shifting at the green. Redline or gtfo! I'll coast a little before hitting the brakes approaching a corner, once my temps start to creep above ~100c. Haven't spent a lot of time at la Sarthe in pCars but other tracks eg Bathurst after 6-8 laps my temps are getting serious.

i have my caster high because of the straight line stability, i dont want my car being twitchy on a straight at 200mph, plus there are only a few corners that need quicker steering which are the chicanes and you only go through 4 in total to the mass amounts of straights. the stability will aid overtaking too as at high speeds stability is the most important thing. a lower caster would benefit a TT but on le mans in a race your not going to be overtaking on tight slow hairpins that le mans has, it would be safe to use the LMP's straight line speed and overtake GT's then. with the low aero you shouldn't have to many problems overtaking the other lmp's as you will be 10-15mph faster.

I'm ok with low caster at le Mans and will happily run 0/0-0/1 wings. doesn't hurt braking distance much or speed through Porsche curves.

Boogman
07-06-2015, 09:50
(Ps4 by the way)

lower brake ducts to 10% aero 4,4 apart ,i lap consistent 3.24.0 with full fuel tank with just those 2 minor changes, everything realistic, no ABS or TC damadge full.

learn how to approach mulsanne schicanes fast and you should be fine, a resonable S1 is 1.11.0 with no draft

Soeren Kolodziej
07-06-2015, 16:57
can u show a replay of that 24īs with ur settings and full tank?

danpinho
16-06-2015, 04:11
can u show a replay of that 24īs with ur settings and full tank?
I'd like to see that too!