PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Private Lobby in League Race Impossible to Run

OctoberDusk06
31-05-2015, 00:05
Dear Slightly Mad Studios:

I am the league director of a well organized group of private league players who collectively form a full grid of 14-16 on the xbox one. This league is run on a website with over 200,000 users and there is enough interest to fully support many console leagues on that site. We were excited to have our first race today until we tried to use the private multiplayer function that your company has promised would function correctly. Here is what happened:

1. After roughly 10-12 attempts to invite each player, we ended up having to cancel the race because no more than 4-6 players could reasonably exist in the same lobby at the same time and progress through the stages of our race (warmup, qualifying, 50 lap race at Silverstone in GT3 cars).

2. Several users, upon being invited in, were either kicked out of the lobby immediately or the lobby became frozen, necessitating the restart of the xbox one console. Upon restart of the console, the same thing happened to all players at some point.

3. Since the host would occasionally migrate, we tried a few different hosts in different areas, and the same problems occurred. Users who attempted to join through a friend's profile experienced the same issues.

4. We tried resetting the lobby itself several times and this resulted in the same booting, freezing, and limited player availability described above.

5. No more than five to six cars could ever make it on to the track at once and when they did, lag became such a serious impediment to game play that many drivers were forced to quit.

6. All players tried resetting their routers and hard booting their xbox consoles at least once and we stayed together (not in a party chat, but strictly in online private game mode) trying to fix these problems for over an hour an a half.

7. The league has announced that private multilayer of full grids is not possible on the xbox one at this point and requests that either SMS, Microsoft, or both fix this issue immediately, as it is contrary to what was promised to the public and advertized as part of the game functionality.

8. The league is suspended until this problem is resolved and will publicly make known our experiences (as we try the same thing every Saturday at 4:30pm U.S. Eastern) until Project CARS works as promised.

Thank you,
A Very Concerned User

OctoberDusk06
31-05-2015, 00:15
And in case anyone is wondering, I have an open NAT and a very good ping rate. Here is the speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4397845579

Dynomight Motorsports
31-05-2015, 01:37
I am also in the same league and experienced those very same issues. Very disappointing to say the least. This game is built around a multiplayer community and you can't run more than 5 people in a room, if you can get into a room. :culpability:

RefundPlease
31-05-2015, 03:05
And in case anyone is wondering, I have an open NAT and a very good ping rate. Here is the speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4397845579

What is worse is that this isn't limited to Private lobbies. It is almost impossible to find MP matches because a number of issues that I can think of but am not sure what the exact problem or combination of problems is:

1. I know this is know but it seems that since the update it is worse by a number of magnitudes - Getting dashboarded while either searching for match or transitioning from Qual. to Race or any of those transitions.

2. TOO MANY SETTINGS - people make outlandish parameters to race in and either no one is matched up with them or those that do end up quitting because they can't race the way the wish.

3. This last reason could be the worst of them all because how it can be remedied at this point might never be known if it is even possible - After the botched controller settings and the unreal number of bugs many people may have simply given up all together. And when you see how many of our concerns have been being received by the moderators and even the Head of the Studio it is unclear whether this game can redeem itself.

With a game that has no incentive to play campaign and a Broken MP I ask how long are we suppose to honestly wait for an enjoyable experience because 30 minutes trying to find a match searching with all search parameters set to ANY and getting dashboarded 6 times in that span is no fun. On the rare chance you do find a match on the XB1 it is with less than 3 to 5 people and the host is AFK.

XB1 internal HDD
Open NAT
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4398029080

d4ninho
31-05-2015, 09:59
i run a leagues also and we had a race on wednesday with 11 runners yet we found terrible lag in 1 race and no chat in others were our problems, we managed to run the races but it really isnt ideal, i know games have problems but a community funded game really should make sure its community features work, get rid of career mode, these days they are not really needed, who spends 50 on a racing game and plays on their own?

to max the racing games should really be online only, imagine the extra power they could use if it all went towards an online game, wow

Raven403
31-05-2015, 12:33
i run a leagues also and we had a race on wednesday with 11 runners yet we found terrible lag in 1 race and no chat in others were our problems, we managed to run the races but it really isnt ideal, i know games have problems but a community funded game really should make sure its community features work, get rid of career mode, these days they are not really needed, who spends 50 on a racing game and plays on their own?

to max the racing games should really be online only, imagine the extra power they could use if it all went towards an online game, wow

Well that's your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. A game that you can only play online is half a game. And if that was the case on this one, you wouldn't be able to play it at all bc multiplayer is so broken.

October Dusk. Yeah our league can't do anything together, once we hit 8, 9, 10 people it's impossible. And we have 16 so. Our season is delayed until it's fixed.

Explosivo
31-05-2015, 17:57
We also did attempt to run a GT Endurance League but canceled all of that because of the bugs and connectivity issues this game has. The first online races in the game already indicated, that the limit for a private lobby is at about 8 people. But even that seems to not solve the problem, as our last try of 60 Laps at Brno was not finished, but canceled after about 26 laps, as half of the field got kicked back to the menu (in both lobbies @ 8 people each) and my car was already totaled at the start, because my car somehow started slightly underneath the asphalt and was heavily damaged. Two weeks ago at the 24 laps Nordschleife race it was just fine, we had two lobbies at 6 people each and no problems occured. But that was before the patch was applied.

Seems like we have to go back to Forza5, which atleast allows us to race with 16 people properly. That's really sad, because some of us highly anticipated this game and are pretty frustrated with it so far.

Raven403
01-06-2015, 12:21
We also did attempt to run a GT Endurance League but canceled all of that because of the bugs and connectivity issues this game has. The first online races in the game already indicated, that the limit for a private lobby is at about 8 people. But even that seems to not solve the problem, as our last try of 60 Laps at Brno was not finished, but canceled after about 26 laps, as half of the field got kicked back to the menu (in both lobbies @ 8 people each) and my car was already totaled at the start, because my car somehow started slightly underneath the asphalt and was heavily damaged. Two weeks ago at the 24 laps Nordschleife race it was just fine, we had two lobbies at 6 people each and no problems occured. But that was before the patch was applied.

Seems like we have to go back to Forza5, which atleast allows us to race with 16 people properly. That's really sad, because some of us highly anticipated this game and are pretty frustrated with it so far.

It is sad indeed. Hopefully some progress is being made in this area.

Tillj
01-06-2015, 12:45
I think its linked with the game not being able to handle voice chat coms. We did a 90 lap race with 8 GT cars and 8 LMP cars. We got around 8 people in lobby and it crashed after 5 attempts.

After 20 minutes we decided to split the drivers into separate party chats for the different classes. We figured that we had 8 people with no problem prior to it however the only difference was we were in party chat.

So... try putting people into party chat then rehost. Should solve it as it did for me.

Raven403
01-06-2015, 12:56
I think its linked with the game not being able to handle voice chat coms. We did a 90 lap race with 8 GT cars and 8 LMP cars. We got around 8 people in lobby and it crashed after 5 attempts.

After 20 minutes we decided to split the drivers into separate party chats for the different classes. We figured that we had 8 people with no problem prior to it however the only difference was we were in party chat.

So... try putting people into party chat then rehost. Should solve it as it did for me.

We did seem to have better luck using party chat in the past. Maybe that will help us in the meantime. But we still cant rely on that for our league races but its worth a shot.

Global Sim Racing
06-06-2015, 22:47
We had the same lag, drop and freeze issues in what was to be our much anticipated Project CARS debut today. Hopefully these issues will be resolved ASAP.

HenTheKing
06-06-2015, 23:16
What is worse is that this isn't limited to Private lobbies. It is almost impossible to find MP matches because a number of issues that I can think of but am not sure what the exact problem or combination of problems is:

1. I know this is know but it seems that since the update it is worse by a number of magnitudes - Getting dashboarded while either searching for match or transitioning from Qual. to Race or any of those transitions.

2. TOO MANY SETTINGS - people make outlandish parameters to race in and either no one is matched up with them or those that do end up quitting because they can't race the way the wish.

3. This last reason could be the worst of them all because how it can be remedied at this point might never be known if it is even possible - After the botched controller settings and the unreal number of bugs many people may have simply given up all together. And when you see how many of our concerns have been being received by the moderators and even the Head of the Studio it is unclear whether this game can redeem itself.

With a game that has no incentive to play campaign and a Broken MP I ask how long are we suppose to honestly wait for an enjoyable experience because 30 minutes trying to find a match searching with all search parameters set to ANY and getting dashboarded 6 times in that span is no fun. On the rare chance you do find a match on the XB1 it is with less than 3 to 5 people and the host is AFK.

XB1 internal HDD
Open NAT
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4398029080

This. I do love the game when it works, but Im put off by all these issues.
Searching for a game and getting dash boarded 8 times in a row, then finally finding a game with a track I'm unfamiliar with, plus settings im not ready for (people restricting things like view to just bonnet cam!!) just makes it unplayable and it does make me rage quit.
Having played through a bit of career, I decided I liked Hockenheim short and felt comfortable enough on it to want to race people. Yet there's no way I'll be able to get settings I want unless I host. How many times have I sat waiting for people to join ( sometimes for 10-15mins) to just leave. It's really not working.
I understand you guys have had problems with it and I do try to understand your taking all these problems on board but it's hard to stay positive when the main draw for me (online) is so hard to get into or feel good about, for reasons like not knowing the track, or having my preferred view restricted, damage, disconnecting, dash boarding, freezing etc. I mean, I want a chance of winning when I play!

ShneebnaMRR108
30-09-2017, 20:47
Today I entered a lobby starting with two players, then as soon as there was more than 8 in the lobby, the driving charcteristics of my steering wheel went bonkers. Meaning I was holding the wheel steady, but the car was weaving down the straight. Also noted that when going from Practice to Qualify, the FFB settings went wrong, had to go to Controls, enter the FFB screen, then back to qual and it was reset.
G920/XBOX

ShneebnaMRR108
09-11-2017, 17:06
So, here we stand, still crappy MP. But the crap "looks" better now on XB1X.