PDA

View Full Version : it's bad

ian2726
31-05-2015, 00:29
The multipayer on Xbox one is killing me. Can't find a game. Can't click on drive. I really like this game, but multipayer is really doing my head in.

Dynomight Motorsports
31-05-2015, 01:16
You think that's bad, we tried to run our first League race today with 14 people, and most we could get in the room was 11. We couldn't communicate with everyone then one by one people started to get disconnected, game freezing, and just plain not being able to join. I must have tried 3 hard resets and had to exit out of the game at least 10 times before we finally were able to have a stable room with only 5 people in it. Even though we were all friends I could only hear one person.

Ch1ps N Queso
31-05-2015, 03:33
You think that's bad, we tried to run our first League race today with 14 people, and most we could get in the room was 11. We couldn't communicate with everyone then one by one people started to get disconnected, game freezing, and just plain not being able to join. I must have tried 3 hard resets and had to exit out of the game at least 10 times before we finally were able to have a stable room with only 5 people in it. Even though we were all friends I could only hear one person.

We've been trying since the game launched. Finally delayed our season until a fix comes out. Fingers crossed.

PeoplesChampion
31-05-2015, 03:34

Been there.. Done that. I even bought the t-shirt.

When they get multiplayer fixed - PCars will be incredible. I'm definitely looking forward to the days when multiplayer functions properly.

AdM1
31-05-2015, 04:40
I plugged mine in via Ethernet which has improved it no end for me.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 04:55
You should try power cycling your modem and network gear before you start (you should have everyone do that before joining). After a while the modem amd router need a good rebooting. By doing that it usually keeps issues like that to a minimum.

The longer they stay on the more issues they begin to have.

d4ninho
31-05-2015, 10:17
it wont matter, its due to cloud servers, look up what the cloud is and you will see why lag is worse than on dedicated servers.
its yet another way companies cut costs while telling us its better.

yes it costs a lot of money to have dedicated servers but if you really want to make THE game that everyone plays you need to make sure they can play it.

titanic tony
31-05-2015, 10:23
still to early for leagues hopefully multiplayer will be fixed soon

FederalHercules
01-06-2015, 11:44
still to early for leagues hopefully multiplayer will be fixed soon

While you are 100% correct, it shouldn't be "too early". The game was released and sold for crying out loud! But none the less, when it comes to multiplayer, it is still in beta status. The best thing we can do is provide as much detail as possible about the issues and hope for timely fixes.

SMS is listening, add your issues to this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27922-Xbox-One-Multiplayer-Bug-Reports-(NO-CHAT!)).

Tillj
01-06-2015, 12:29

We had to split our drivers into two seperate party chats. We are running WEC style LMP1 and GT3 cars on track so communication via game-chat was crucial.
Turns out we didn't really need to talk to eachother as the GT cars kept an eye on the rear view mirror.

xxBENxx
01-06-2015, 12:48
While you are 100% correct, it shouldn't be "too early". The game was released and sold for crying out loud! But none the less, when it comes to multiplayer, it is still in beta status. The best thing we can do is provide as much detail as possible about the issues and hope for timely fixes.

SMS is listening, add your issues to this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27922-Xbox-One-Multiplayer-Bug-Reports-(NO-CHAT!)).

Hehe you gotta laugh, Sms must be laughing all the way not only did they ask for beta testers (that seam to get it all wrong) they stopped that and said hey being we cant have any more testers due to legal reasons in which i could go into. We shall sell the game knowing its not 100% complete, then when people buy the game and realize its not exactly 100%. They will come to the forum and tell us whats wrong. then we don't have to have beta testers and bypass the legal system.

False advertisement for sales because they were not allowed any more investors, So sell the game get some money and then fix the issues the game has.

All arse backwards.

FederalHercules
01-06-2015, 14:23
We had to split our drivers into two seperate party chats. We are running WEC style LMP1 and GT3 cars on track so communication via game-chat was crucial.
Turns out we didn't really need to talk to eachother as the GT cars kept an eye on the rear view mirror.

Interesting, how many cars did you have on the grid Tillj?

Tillj
01-06-2015, 15:39
Interesting, how many cars did you have on the grid Tillj?

7 GT cars 5 LMP1 cars, was stable.

Rxhevntt
01-06-2015, 15:44

I am curious what sort of black magic you did to get all those people in one lobby. We have been unsuccessful every time. What method do you use to join?

FederalHercules
01-06-2015, 17:09

Thanks. As rxhevntt asked, if you could list any pertinent details such as joining the lobby first, or party chat first I would be most grateful. We will try and get our league grouped back up for a test of this sometime this week.

Also, what is the locale of you and your league mates?

Raven403
02-06-2015, 10:39
After testing it last night with two parties and 9 people it did seem more stable. Hopefully we can get a few more people to really test it but it did already seem better. Think your on to something there Tillj. Thanks!

ARusling
02-06-2015, 10:42
I spent a good 3 hours last night trying to play online. Couldn't press Drive in hardly any games when I got to the garage, so I had to wait until the current session had ended, then usually start from the back due to not being able to qualify. Yes, I hard reset my console and router.

PzR Slim
02-06-2015, 10:45
I spent a good 3 hours last night trying to play online. Couldn't press Drive in hardly any games when I got to the garage, so I had to wait until the current session had ended, then usually start from the back due to not being able to qualify. Yes, I hard reset my console and router.

This is how it's supposed to happen.

ARusling
02-06-2015, 10:46
This is how it's supposed to happen.

How come it works in some lobbies and not others then?

Edit: I should also add that sometimes when I couldn't press Drive I was disconnected from the game after a while. Definitely not how it's supposed to happen :p

PzR Slim
02-06-2015, 10:49
Hehe you gotta laugh, Sms must be laughing all the way not only did they ask for beta testers (that seam to get it all wrong) they stopped that and said hey being we cant have any more testers due to legal reasons in which i could go into. We shall sell the game knowing its not 100% complete, then when people buy the game and realize its not exactly 100%. They will come to the forum and tell us whats wrong. then we don't have to have beta testers and bypass the legal system.

False advertisement for sales because they were not allowed any more investors, So sell the game get some money and then fix the issues the game has.

All arse backwards.
The only major beta testers they had as a result of their financial model was on the PC version. The MP works flawlessly on PC from what I have experienced.

Unfortunately they didn't have as much beta testing resource on console and hence console versions have more problems. I've run many MP races on Xbone and PS4 with little problems in terms of getting a good number of people into lobbies. There does seem to be an issue with in game chat but I've experienced similar issue with FM5 so not sure if this is a game or MS issue.

could_do_better
02-06-2015, 10:52
I have a locked drive button in PC lobbies from time to time.

PzR Slim
02-06-2015, 10:54
How come it works in some lobbies and not others then?

Edit: I should also add that sometimes when I couldn't press Drive I was disconnected from the game after a while. Definitely not how it's supposed to happen :p

I've never been able to join a session part way through. So assumed it was correct. You say this only happens occasionally to you?

ARusling
02-06-2015, 10:56
I've never been able to join a session part way through. So assumed it was correct. You say this only happens occasionally to you?

Yeah, before the 1.3 patch on XB1 I was always able to leave the garage after waiting a few seconds. Since then, it's a rarity. I just assumed it was syncing me with the other players in the game before I could get on track, but there must be some kind of issue (I'm presuming).