PDA

View Full Version : AI Lights

Ryzza5
31-05-2015, 01:30
For performance reasons (lighting and shadow calculations) the AI do not run with headlights during bad conditions when the sun is up. Bit of a shame, but understandable.
Is there a way to get some of the benefit with a fraction of the performance cost though?

eg. just have flat representations of their headlights appearing in the rear view mirror - not projecting any light and therefore not creating additional shadows. Similar to how old-school games might have done it. I don't think it would look too bad.
and/or possibly running with only tail lights on when in foggy/heavy rain conditions. Similar to their brake lights, just not as intense/bright.

Cholton82
25-08-2015, 15:49
Anyone ????

Fanapryde
25-08-2015, 16:25
For performance reasons (lighting and shadow calculations) the AI do not run with headlights during bad conditions when the sun is up. Bit of a shame, but understandable.
Is there a way to get some of the benefit with a fraction of the performance cost though?

eg. just have flat representations of their headlights appearing in the rear view mirror - not projecting any light and therefore not creating additional shadows. Similar to how old-school games might have done it. I don't think it would look too bad.
and/or possibly running with only tail lights on when in foggy/heavy rain conditions. Similar to their brake lights, just not as intense/bright.
Not in all races, but since patch 3 I did several Championship races (GT5 and GT4) and invitationals in foggy/rainy conditions where AI used their headlights. White, yellow and blue for that matter. Well visible in the mirrors and even reflections on track were there. Happened at Bathurst, Sakitto International, Snetterton, Brno etc...
When different parts of the track are close together, you can also see them running headlights.

Mahjik
25-08-2015, 16:46
Not in all races, but since patch 3 I did several Championship races (GT5 and GT4) and invitationals in foggy/rainy conditions where AI used their headlights.

Likely due to time of day rather than weather conditions (as you said in your other post, it was early evening). If you run a Quick Race using Thunderstorm at the time of 1PM/13:00, it will be dark and the AI cars will not have their lights on.

maxx2504
25-08-2015, 18:38
Hi !

I just don't want a discussion about that instead of having AI lights already. Just do it and include the option that you can turn off that feature in the graphic options.

Solution found ;)

goeiste
27-08-2015, 04:56
Talking about AI lights.... have you also noticed that the headlights of the AI's can be seen when you look back in the dark, but not if you look in the mirror... hmmmm? personally I find it nice to see in my mirror if someone is driving just behind me.

flymar
27-08-2015, 06:18
Talking about AI lights.... have you also noticed that the headlights of the AI's can be seen when you look back in the dark, but not if you look in the mirror... hmmmm? personally I find it nice to see in my mirror if someone is driving just behind me.
IIRC that was workaround for the problem when mirror headlights were making cockpits dark (because of exposure calculation) just like current flare does.

tclancey
03-09-2015, 12:32
Could I please suggest the AI should turn their lights on in wet weather? It's the first thing we're all told to do, with maybe the exception of putting on the wipers!

Thanks.

Bealdor
03-09-2015, 12:35
Threads merged.

Shinzah
14-09-2015, 00:28
Could I please suggest the AI should turn their lights on in wet weather? It's the first thing we're all told to do, with maybe the exception of putting on the wipers!

Thanks.

Bumping this, because I had a very embarassing moment in Formula C during a wet race that costed me my championship ;-;

At the very least Formula cars should run with rain lights in the rain, as they don't have headlights to even turn on so the performance affect shouldn't be more than brake lights, of which they also don't have. So in the case of Formula cars, I'm not sure I understand unless it's some kind of global parameter.

IJOJOI
14-12-2015, 16:59
I've somehow missed this thread sorry :(
Yeah as mentioned, would still be awesome :P

NaRP
15-01-2016, 12:14
hi,

Please SMS make this feature in Pcars !

See this Mod that enables AI lights on cars and track spotlights, in all weather.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS&p=1212201&viewfull=1#post1212201

Bealdor
15-01-2016, 12:20
Threads merged.

casscroute
23-01-2016, 11:41
Hello everybody, recently, I made a long-distance race at SPA with the changeable weather report (sun then fog with rain) .Et when the rain and the fog arrived, I noticed that the other cars had not switched on their lights (normally compulsory), and it was rather annoying for me when I was behind one of them because I saw almost nothing.
Exemple:
http://www.gentlegeek.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Project-CARS_20150516014044.jpg

Now, I would like that you solve this problem, it would be great :)

Thanks ;)

Sorry for my english

IJOJOI
23-01-2016, 11:55
There is a Mod for the PC Version (see my sig)
They didn't put it in because of performance reasons. ..

theothermexico
25-01-2016, 04:19
While I can understand the lack of head/tail lights, is there any reason why the high intensity rain lights haven't been utilised on the race cars that have it?
If the game can process running lights in all weather, why can't we have them?

maxx2504
25-01-2016, 05:55

And it works well ;)

seb02
25-01-2016, 12:55

What does it mean ? console players never won't have AI lights in the rain and fog ?

Pamellaaa
25-01-2016, 13:00
What does it mean ? console players never won't have AI lights in the rain and fog ?

Unless SMS make the change then no, it won't come to console. Mods are PC only unfortunately.

seb02
25-01-2016, 13:03
Unless SMS make the change then no, it won't come to console. Mods are PC only unfortunately.

Thanks to answer.
do not think to turn on the headlights of the AI in bad weather, it's a little amateur.....
I hope SMS do something for this because i think it's unacceptable

Bealdor
25-01-2016, 13:06
Thanks to answer.
do not think to turn on the headlights of the AI in bad weather, it's a little amateur.....

It's not that they didn't think about it. It was left out due to performance reasons.

seb02
25-01-2016, 13:07
It's not that they didn't think about it. It was left out due to performance reasons.

It's just unacceptable for me....

Pamellaaa
25-01-2016, 13:16

Rain is already very taxing on systems, lights make things a lot worse, on a PC with frame rate counter you can clearly see a 10% or more drop when turning the lights on in some circumstances, having it on for the AI in rain by default would likely make the performance of the game "unnacceptable" in a lot of scenarios, most notably on consoles where graphics options are limited.

seb02
25-01-2016, 13:21
Rain is already very taxing on systems, lights make things a lot worse, on a PC with frame rate counter you can clearly see a 10% or more drop when turning the lights on in some circumstances, having it on for the AI in rain by default would likely make the performance of the game "unnacceptable" in a lot of scenarios, most notably on consoles where graphics options are limited.

Ok but, we can't drive with cockpit view when it rains.

Mahjik
25-01-2016, 14:05

You've been playing pCARS for how long and now it's unacceptable?

IJOJOI
25-01-2016, 14:08

You clearly know that this is a really bad issue Mahjik ;)
It made me wait for the Mod before even considering driving in rain with the AI.
The bad cockpit exposure makes things even worse to the point where you can't see anything.

seb02
25-01-2016, 14:08

I TRUSTED SMS to fix that and stop defending the indefensible....

beetes_juice
25-01-2016, 14:13
I TRUSTED SMS to fix that.

Does look a little odd with the lights off but really there is nothing to fix....It was a performance decision as said above.

If its that big a deal and hampering your gameplay switch platforms and install the lighting mod.

Mahjik
25-01-2016, 14:14
I TRUSTED SMS to fix that.

Nothing is broken, so there is nothing to "fix". Not implemented is not the same as implemented and not working.

If you look at the thread of the mod, you'll see it exposes issues with the game engine. There are more things that have to be addressed for proper implementation of the lights in all scenarios. Those were several of the reasons why they weren't enabled.

seb02
25-01-2016, 14:15
Does look a little odd with the lights off but really there is nothing to fix....It was a performance decision as said above.

If its that big a deal and hampering your gameplay switch platforms and install the lighting mod.

whowwww very great answer...

Silraed
25-01-2016, 14:16
Ok but, we can't drive with cockpit view when it rains.

Bit of an exaggeration there I think. I don't use the AI lights mod yet I fairly regularly and successfully race in the various levels of rain using cockpit view.

It isn't ideal, but it is a long stretch to say it simply can't be done.

seb02
25-01-2016, 14:18
Bit of an exaggeration there I think. I don't use the AI lights mod yet I fairly regularly and successfully race in the various levels of rain using cockpit view.

It isn't ideal, but it is a long stretch to say it simply can't be done.

yes, you're right but do not plan for AI turn on his headlights in bad weather.....

Kroegtijgertje
24-03-2016, 21:53
Cars are not very visible in bad weather.
Why are their lights turned off??
There should at least be an option to turn them back on.
I know there's a mod that can fix the problem, but I'm not really into mods.
I think the game itself should provide a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAAwnm1k15c

Mahjik
24-03-2016, 22:10
Whoops, sorry. The way this got moved, it didn't leave a re-direct. But it's been requested many times, so it's joined with one of the requests.

Laszlo Abay
25-03-2016, 15:22
The mods will not work !!! SMS Correct the problem in bad weather Conditions AI lights !!!