PDA

View Full Version : A few minor requests

Bongomaster
31-05-2015, 01:45
Hi all,

Love the game. The feel of driving all the unique cars (with my G27) is absolutely amazing. This is a brilliantly polished game and the hard work and time spent in development clearly shows, but here are a few minor things I'd like to suggest to perfect it.

* More garage flexibility: I know this isn't a car modding game and I like that the garage is kinda simplistic, but it needs just a little more depth. For example, the info for each car could be a little more in-depth, at least tell us the engine displacement. The most frustrating thing for me in the garage however, is that you can't control the camera easily. When choosing liveries (which look brilliant), the camera is slowly panning down low to the ground so I can't actually view the masterpieces as I flick through them. Instead I have to go to photo mode to get a good look at each one. Let me manually control the camera so I can look at it in 3/4 view.
* Cockpit sounds: This is probably more one for the modders. The sounds are excellent but nowhere better than chase cam. No true sim racer drives from chase cam though, so it would be great to have an option to get something more like the chase cam sounds in cockpit view. I can't hear the exhaust in the cockpit, which I find hard to believe. I feel like all the sounds should still be there while in cockpit view, even if realistically they would be more muffled.
* Races entered vs races won: In the driver profile, I have noted that races entered must count every time you restart a race. Such strict accounting of the number of restarts you've had renders the "races entered vs races won" completely irrelevant to me since it shows like 200 races entered vs 3 races won! I understand that uber-hardcore sim racers would argue that every time you restart you are re-entering the race, but hear me out... Uber-hardcore people would have restarts disabled, so this doesn't affect them. I'm more interested in seeing how many races I finish in first place vs. further down in the standings/podium. Perhaps consider changing this graphic to "races completed vs races won", please. Otherwise these stats are meaningless to me.

So thanks for listening to just a few minor implementations that you could consider. If anyone agrees/disagrees, let it be heard.

Cheers

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 03:14
I can't hear the exhaust in the cockpit, which I find hard to believe. I feel like all the sounds should still be there while in cockpit view, even if realistically they would be more muffled.

Cheers

There is no reason for the exhaust to be as loud inside as it is outside. They won't change that. Why would they go away from realistic sounds?

Mahjik
31-05-2015, 03:43
Moved to "Feature Suggestions"...

As for the garage camera, you can go into "Photomode" where you can control the camera to look at the skin. I know it's not exactly what you are suggesting, but that is an option.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 04:05
There is no reason for the exhaust to be as loud inside as it is outside. They won't change that. Why would they go away from realistic sounds?

I do believe he is talking about the sounds the pipes produce inside the cockpit. The Pipes resonate inside the cockpit.