PDA

View Full Version : Career LMP1 & Azure Circuit...

OpticalHercules
31-05-2015, 05:07
I don't know if this is a design flaw or bug or what...

In the LMP1 Pan-Euro Masters career series, round 3 takes place on Azure Circuit. When AI difficulty is set to anything higher than 40%, I have never been able to complete a practice, qualifier, or race on this course. I don't know what turn number it is, but the second of the two very tight hairpin turns gets completely blocked with cars within 2 laps making the circuit impossible to complete. It appears that one AI gets pushed into that little nook (for lack of a better word) on the right hand side barrier as you exit that second hairpin turn, and then the turn is totally blocked within a matter of seconds as other AI cars will attempt to pass and further push the first car into that divot, while the first car will refuse to try and back out of the barrier so long as there is another car anywhere near it's backside.

Perhaps if the track were altered to remove that nook/divot from the exit of the second hairpin, it may fix this problem? This is not the only place on this track I have seen AI cars pile up and remain stopped for the rest of the session, but this is the only spot on the track where a pileup has completely prevented the completion of the session. The first of the hairpin turns often has AI cars stopped straight into the wall as you turn to the right into the first hairpin, and the second turn after the second hairpin before the straight under the bridge also gets AI cars piled up pointing straight into the wall, though neither of these spots brings the session to a halt.

When the AI Difficulty is set to </=40%, the pileups do still happen, though in my experience a setting of 50% or greater guarantees the pileup will happen and stop the session. The lower difficulty just seems to have a much lower frequency of the pileup being so severe as to completely block the track.

Beyond altering/patching the track, only alternative I can see is swapping Azure Circuit out of this race championship for a totally different track.

HBR-Roadhog
31-05-2015, 05:12
I would not think that altering the track is an option as it is based on an actual track. It is the AI that needs some tweaking as they have some issues on some other tracks and other situations too.

OpticalHercules
31-05-2015, 05:16
I thought Azure Circuit was an unlicensed track? I know it's based on the Monaco GP track, but I thought I saw a post where Ian Bell or another SMS employee said something about them just not being able to call it Monaco GP due to licensing. I may be wrong on that though.

Roudou
31-05-2015, 06:05
They can't use Monaco GP name/brand, but it's a street circuit. I dont think you must have license to reproduce public streets/roads. Maybe i'm wrong.

Whatever, i never thought LMP1 can go through the Loews.

JDFSSS
31-05-2015, 08:17
I think SMS knows about this bug, as many people have reported issues with the AI going around monaco. I've never done a race on that track, but it sounds pretty game breaking so I would think it's high on their priority list.

cerbrus2
31-05-2015, 13:11
I would think an LMP1 car going around azure would be pretty broken anyway. The view from the cockpit is so restrictive, I can imagine me clipping loads of walls on azure, never mined trying to overtake.

Doug914
31-05-2015, 20:42
I fixed azure circuit today. It Fixes the the problem you were seeing where the cars pile up in the lowes hairpin, plus made them considerably faster. Will be in a future patch.

JDFSSS
31-05-2015, 22:22
I would think an LMP1 car going around azure would be pretty broken anyway. The view from the cockpit is so restrictive, I can imagine me clipping loads of walls on azure, never mined trying to overtake.

lol thats a good point I know I would be crashing into everything.

OpticalHercules
31-05-2015, 22:27
I fixed azure circuit today. It Fixes the the problem you were seeing where the cars pile up in the lowes hairpin, plus made them considerably faster. Will be in a future patch.

Fantastic news, and thank you very much for the reply! I am curious to see what you mean by 'made them considerably faster' as in the turns themselves, grip/road physics changes, or what? No need to respond, it will give me something to look forward to whenever this future patch is released.

Doug914
31-05-2015, 22:57
It's in here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28339-ANSWERED-Formula-AI-too-slow&p=958377&viewfull=1#post958377

Read the few post past this one too.