PDA

View Full Version : Mailbox Full requirement?

ImStylinOnYaBro
31-05-2015, 06:17
Before my game crashed and corrupted my save, i was on season 20 at the end just ready ot sign a gt5 contract which would have yielded 8 endorsements at the end of the next season and thus hall of fame. I find it tough to believe i'd get all those and still not 500 messages. Someone associated with the game, what are the requirements. is it 500 @ mentions in the fake twitter feed? or is it 500 messages in the actual inbox that usually fill up w/ messages form your team?

ImStylinOnYaBro
03-06-2015, 01:50
bump. got hall of fame just now and am on season 21 and still no mbf trophy. what gives?

Idlebones
07-06-2015, 16:15
On season 17 & this hasn't unlocked for me either....

likewise
08-06-2015, 06:06
I managed to get it but I was sure that I was over the 500 msg mark way earlier (doing all of the required races and most of the challenge ones) and that was in season 16 for me!

kaa0s
08-06-2015, 06:37
It's messages on your mailbox not the twitter thing. Also not sure if all messages count or just certain ones, like you get ones from your team and then there's other ones like another driver congratulating you etc.

Anyhow, it took a long while, I think I was almost done with every single possible racing discipline available when I got it. If my memory serves me right it was during prototype 2 season for me. Had started from karts and gone through every discipline in order (took a picture of the selection screen when you first start your career so I could remember what to choose next :D since I wanted to do them all in the right order)

EDIT. oh yeah and did every invitational when they became available. So yeah, point is, it takes a while :D

EDIT2. Oh and noticed at some point during the career that whenever after a race I would go check the messagebox the game always saved, which lead me to believe its the actual mailbox and not the twitterfeed. And that also you might need to always check them after a race to get the game to save your "progress" towards that.

Rammstone
02-07-2015, 02:32
I still don't understand this trophy. I've read in other forums that people have skipped most races and got the trophy around season 11 or 12. I haven't skipped any of the career races, but I have skipped most of the invitational events after winning them a few times. I am now at the end of season 17 with no trophy. I wish a developer could tell us what exactly a message is and how the game adds them.

KK78
02-07-2015, 11:56
It's messages on your mailbox not the twitter thing. Also not sure if all messages count or just certain ones, like you get ones from your team and then there's other ones like another driver congratulating you etc.

Anyhow, it took a long while, I think I was almost done with every single possible racing discipline available when I got it. If my memory serves me right it was during prototype 2 season for me. Had started from karts and gone through every discipline in order (took a picture of the selection screen when you first start your career so I could remember what to choose next :D since I wanted to do them all in the right order)

EDIT. oh yeah and did every invitational when they became available. So yeah, point is, it takes a while :D

EDIT2. Oh and noticed at some point during the career that whenever after a race I would go check the messagebox the game always saved, which lead me to believe its the actual mailbox and not the twitterfeed. And that also you might need to always check them after a race to get the game to save your "progress" towards that.

That's weird though if it is not the twitter thing because the trophy description is 'Received more than 500 messages from your fans' not contracts, team emails etc.... Mind you the Hall of Fame trophy description is also weird as it says you need 3 milestones but you actually need 4.

Some clarification from the devs would be nice on either of these trophy requirements

Rammstone
02-07-2015, 16:37
Yeah, do the devs read these threads? I'm new here so I haven't seen much of them