PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren 12C GT3

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 07:29
I'm a wheel user.

Has anyone got any fast tunes for it? If so I'm happy for us to talk privately. I know how you tuners like to keep your magic tinkering skills as secret as possible lol.

Please get intouch,
Lew

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 08:03
Is there anything in particular you want to change about its behaviour? I find this to be one of the most solid and reliable cars in the game on default settings.

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 08:21
I can drive it very well. Just want it to be quicker really.

RedDave84
31-05-2015, 08:34
Ask Yoshi? He was flying in it yesterday

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 08:42
Didn't race him yesterday. I think changing gear ratios might work but I haven't got a scooby what im doing lol.

RedDave84
31-05-2015, 09:06
Me either. I've pretty much broken all my cars. That's my excuse anyway :D

Iwanchek
31-05-2015, 11:33
Is there anything in particular you want to change about its behaviour? I find this to be one of the most solid and reliable cars in the game on default settings.

agree, im using it 95% on online racing. very stable, fast, amazing to drive i can imagine how the car performs when it get an top setu up!

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 20:41
Nobody with a tune for this?

simplesimson
01-06-2015, 13:04
Didn't race him yesterday. I think changing gear ratios might work but I haven't got a scooby what im doing lol.

You should watch the sticked guidevideos so you can at least tell what you want to get faster... I run it with a little lower front pressure and a little lower brakepower on the nordschleife and i tend to higher the cars spring rate. But really you need to give more information about what you wanna correct or improve.

daddyboosive
01-06-2015, 15:15
You should watch the sticked guidevideos so you can at least tell what you want to get faster... I run it with a little lower front pressure and a little lower brakepower on the nordschleife and i tend to higher the cars spring rate. But really you need to give more information about what you wanna correct or improve.

Well it handles fine to me. I'd just like to get some more time out it. I'm pretty decent at racing so it's not a skill thing as I'm feeling like there's not much more I can get out of it. In its current state. I watched one the videos on gear ratios. Might try and teach myself if nobody has a faster setup. I used to like Forzas setup when you could buy peoples setups off the storefront.

The Torpedoman
01-06-2015, 16:21
Other than a little understeer on corner exit (which could easily tuned out im sure....i just deal right now) I think the car is great.

TheLethalDose
02-06-2015, 00:53
Well it handles fine to me. I'd just like to get some more time out it. I'm pretty decent at racing so it's not a skill thing as I'm feeling like there's not much more I can get out of it. In its current state. I watched one the videos on gear ratios. Might try and teach myself if nobody has a faster setup. I used to like Forzas setup when you could buy peoples setups off the storefront.

You would be suprised at the times the top drivers can get with stock setups, plenty of top 10 leaderboard results.

The main things to change are the gear ratios and downforce to better suit each track.

CastorTroy
02-06-2015, 01:22
I could sell my setup,havent seen anyone faster so far.That Mac have really took some time to finish wouldnt want give it away so easy.But you can name the prize since not really sure what are those rates at forza:D

SwaggerJacker
02-06-2015, 02:03
I'll pm you and share my setup with you. It may or may not fit your style of driving, but I love it. I'll also give you a link to my Youtube video with me at the Glen with the Mclaren. Watch how she holds her lines and doesn't mind braking late...she likes it. Very stable under braking, and solid punching out of the apex. I'm on PC so it may differ. I won't post it here because people whom haven't shared a thing, will bash the hell out of it to feel superior. I'm sure you've seen it before.

Swagg

SwaggerJacker
02-06-2015, 02:16
I took screenies of the setup.

jimmyb_84
02-06-2015, 09:58
Best bit of tuning I found for the McLaren is adjusting the brake balance during the race, gained a few seconds at Brand Hatch.

get your controller/wheel assigned to adjust it.

daddyboosive
02-06-2015, 15:36
Other than a little understeer on corner exit (which could easily tuned out im sure....i just deal right now) I think the car is great.

Yeh it's a great car. Thought that the first time I drove it.

You would be suprised at the times the top drivers can get with stock setups, plenty of top 10 leaderboard results.

The main things to change are the gear ratios and downforce to better suit each track.

They're glitching obviously :rolleyes:

I could sell my setup,havent seen anyone faster so far.That Mac have really took some time to finish wouldnt want give it away so easy.But you can name the prize since not really sure what are those rates at forza:D

I knew you wasn't using stock setups on your cars. You're always atleast 2secs quicker than me. And I know I'm not going slow lol. I've got a setup for free :p. Theres a chap on here that creates tunes upon request. What a guy!

I'll pm you and share my setup with you. It may or may not fit your style of driving, but I love it. I'll also give you a link to my Youtube video with me at the Glen with the Mclaren. Watch how she holds her lines and doesn't mind braking late...she likes it. Very stable under braking, and solid punching out of the apex. I'm on PC so it may differ. I won't post it here because people whom haven't shared a thing, will bash the hell out of it to feel superior. I'm sure you've seen it before.

Swagg

I've managed to get one mate. I'm yet to try it out though so I could try yours as well. Thank you very much ;)

Best bit of tuning I found for the McLaren is adjusting the brake balance during the race, gained a few seconds at Brand Hatch.

get your controller/wheel assigned to adjust it.

Yeh I wish I could understand it all mate. Just been on it now and was like "what the f@*#!" haha. I suppose you'd have a better knowledge if you understood what you're car was doing on track. I just go go go when the lights turn green, hope I get round the track and finish in a decent position haha.

jimmyb_84
02-06-2015, 17:43
Yeh I wish I could understand it all mate. Just been on it now and was like "what the f@*#!" haha. I suppose you'd have a better knowledge if you understood what you're car was doing on track. I just go go go when the lights turn green, hope I get round the track and finish in a decent position haha.

I'll try to help you understand it.

Brake Bias (how much braking the front/rear wheel do. e.g fronts 60% rears 40%)

When braking if your rear end becomes unstable move the brake bias forward, an example of a corner that require more front brakes would be the first corner at Nurburgring GP.

Then if the you start to lock up your front tyres and run wide on the same corner move the brake bias reward.

You will find that during a lap your brake bias will be perfect for some corners and horrible for others, learning to adjust this corner by corner during a lap will gain you a lot of time. (I haven't quite got it yet)

Hope that helps

Bealdor
02-06-2015, 18:34
Modified thread title because of my OCD, sorry. :boxing:

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 07:35
I did some testing last night in the 12C and for flat tracks (Silverstone, Nurburgring etc) I found

lowering the car to front 63mm rear 65mm, moving ballast weight forward two notches and soften up the front anti roll bar (sway bar) two notches, improved low and high speed understeer. I also ran the brake ducts on 10% open and never got the brakes above 700c. Moving brake balance forward 2-3% also helps stability under braking.

managed a 54.7 around Silverstone National circuit which according to PC times would of put me 3rd fastest in that car.

Let me know if you try, I found it a much better car.

daddyboosive
05-06-2015, 09:27
Hmm... interesting. Cheers for the help mate. I'll try it out tonight hopefully mate. I'm guessing you're using a pad?

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 09:35
Hmm... interesting. Cheers for the help mate. I'll try it out tonight hopefully mate. I'm guessing you're using a pad?

Ye sorry, using a pad hopefully it translates, was a lot better in the slow corners.

I will continue to test this car for a smooth track for now. Will wait for an update on setups before I tune for bumpy tracks (don't want to loose it)

Lynx2000
05-06-2015, 15:55
Thx for the set up managed a 54.5 at siliverstone national
I agree it is a much better car now

daddyboosive
05-06-2015, 17:42
I did try another setup from another member but it was too tail happy for my liking. Looking forward to trying this out though.

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 17:54
Thx for the set up managed a 54.5 at siliverstone national
I agree it is a much better car now

Brilliant pleased you got on with it ok, I shall do some fine tuning later but I'll write down what I have just incase I mess it up lol. Brake pressure and assists are personal choice depending on control method but I tested with assists on (no stability control)

Will test with no assists later too.

daddyboosive
05-06-2015, 17:58
Ahh, I use no assists. Using no assists for tuning would be the better thing to do wouldn't it?

jimmyb_84
05-06-2015, 18:40
give it a go let me know how it goes?

jimmyb_84
26-06-2015, 23:05
Just set a new PB at Nurburgring GP see picture

I also used the same tune for a 15lap race at Silverstone GP I averaged 2:04/2:03 lap times. I'm uploading the last few laps now with a telemetry lap on the final lap. I'll also post the full tune once I get the images to my laptop.

Only difference between Nurburgring and Silverstone (less downforce) setups were aero related.

jimmyb_84
27-06-2015, 08:48
Following on from my post above here is the setup I used and the video of it in action at Silverstone. I setup and used it with a DS4 controller. The only difference between Nurburgring and Silverstone was aero, Nurburgring ran with full aero and Silverstone slightly less.

*Just noticed I missed the sway bar setting! Front is centred and the rear is stiffer by 1.*

You will see the front left tyre overheat but it's a case of managing it, I have no idea of tyre where as the PS4 doesn't show you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLunwqZuDek

Please let me know if you try it.

jimmyb_84
09-07-2015, 22:02
Little bit of a tip for setting up the car for Spa stiffen rear springs and move weight to the rear. Test ride height im still tinkering with that.

Current best 2:20.6

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0eVAc6UD6TQ