PDA

View Full Version : O MY WORD! Just watched the NEW Renault Trophy Series Opener! (R.S. 01)

marcdxn
31-05-2015, 08:41
Have you guys seen what has replaced the Meganes on Steroids of yester year in the Renault Sport Trophy series?

Between not playing project cars i watch Motors Tv and i didn't have any idea Renault had created these 1 off GT style race cars (RS01), they looked absolutely amazing and they don't sound too shabby either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIps7w2iMWc

I can't find youtube footage of the race but it was a brilliant to watch them.

With the Project Cars game featuring Renaults already i have my fingers crossed that these come too! :cool:

EDIT - look what i found for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbtCK5t74gs

Those are just bloody awesome

Toxic
31-05-2015, 08:46
Very nice!

Alfa-fratelli
10-09-2015, 14:31
Well the car is already to download for Assetto Corsa so I suspect it wount be long before we can drive this "monster" renault R.S.01 "in Project Cars.

FLX81
10-09-2015, 14:47
That car, that sexy, sexy car...

antraxx25
10-09-2015, 14:49
That sound !! I have driven that in DriveClub, Awesome car but not in an arcade game.. I want to race with it in Project Cars

TheReaper GT
10-09-2015, 14:52
Well the car is already to download for Assetto Corsa so I suspect it wount be long before we can drive this "monster" renault R.S.01 "in Project Cars.

But it's just a mod for AC, nothing official.

inthebagbud
10-09-2015, 14:59
got to agree I watched them race on Sunday night on Motors TV - they look so cool and sexy

marcdxn
10-09-2015, 16:24
Still attempting to follow them on tv and the racing has got a lot closer now the teams understand the cars a little more its great to watch.
Last race i watched was the Silverstone round where one of the drivers doors sprung open while racing and he was black/orange flagged to come in to get it closed.

SMS please consider this car as you already have a renault license thing going on :cool:

Sasquatch
10-09-2015, 17:42
ahhh the sound of GT-R V6's. Good stuff.

Driveclub got it as a free car not too long again. Would be a fun car to inject it into "GT3?"

marcdxn
10-09-2015, 17:45
GT3 would be nice but i think having it as its own class would be good like Ginetta Jrs so you can run a league / series in just the 1 make.
I quite like 1 make championships - really puts emphasis on tuning and who just got it better on the day.

TheReaper GT
10-09-2015, 17:45
ahhh the sound of GT-R V6's. Good stuff.

Driveclub got it as a free car not too long again. Would be a fun car to inject it into "GT3?"

Don't think so. It's not a production based car, so it's not compliant with gt3 rules. But it's a cup car with its own championship.

Linus27
10-09-2015, 18:05
Have to agree, it would be a great addition to Pcars as a spec series race car.

Cheesenium
10-09-2015, 18:08

It is a mod. An awful mod that is made with ripped models from real racing 3 for AC.

That mod can barely even move straight without spinning out.

Casey Ringley
10-09-2015, 18:34
Don't think so. It's not a production based car, so it's not compliant with gt3 rules. But it's a cup car with its own championship.

Way too fast for GT3 too. I saw timing from their Spa race and the things were turning 2:12 laps. That's closer to LMP2 pace! It's like DTM's sexier-looking cousin.

TheReaper GT
10-09-2015, 18:39
Way too fast for GT3 too. I saw timing from their Spa race and the things were turning 2:12 laps. That's closer to LMP2 pace! It's like DTM's sexier-looking cousin.

Yep, those things are fast. Wanna drive those on Project Cars . You have my blessings to start it. :D

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-09-2015, 21:48
Way too fast for GT3 too. I saw timing from their Spa race and the things were turning 2:12 laps. That's closer to LMP2 pace! It's like DTM's sexier-looking cousin.Yeah, those things have always been "DTM Lite" for me. Classic supertouring formula of a 100% purpose built racing chassis, racing engine, and a bodyshell that kinda sorta maybe if you squint really hard looks a bit like some real car. =)

TheReaper GT
10-09-2015, 21:50
Yep, those things are fast. Wanna drive those on Project Cars . You have my blessings to start it. :D

Yeah, those things have always been "DTM Lite" for me. Classic supertouring formula of a 100% purpose built racing chassis, racing engine, and a bodyshell that kinda sorta maybe if you squint really hard looks a bit like some real car. =)

Looks like a better sorted R8 to me.

Casey Ringley
10-09-2015, 23:27
Renault is definitely having some fun with this basic formula of mid-engine silhouette. We just got an early export of the Megane Trophy V6 running and I can't tell you how much fun that thing is! Amazing balance of power, grip, and mass. It will really be a showcase where the best drivers rise to the top.

10-09-2015, 23:37
And then there will be the inevitable horde going "ANOTHER SINGLE CAR CLASS WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE ANY COMPETITION RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE". =)

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 01:23
Renault is definitely having some fun with this basic formula of mid-engine silhouette. We just got an early export of the Megane Trophy V6 running and I can't tell you how much fun that thing is! Amazing balance of power, grip, and mass. It will really be a showcase where the best drivers rise to the top.

Show it, I dare you :p

Cheesenium
11-09-2015, 03:16
And then there will be the inevitable horde going "ANOTHER SINGLE CAR CLASS WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE ANY COMPETITION RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE". =)

Bah, Renault Megane is a single class in real life, who will it race with?

Still, I am really looking forward to the Megane Cup, been putting way too much time in the Clios so far as it is a blast to drive. Still kinda hope we will get RS01 single cup in pcars.

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 04:19
Bah, Renault Megane is a single class in real life, who will it race with?

Still, I am really looking forward to the Megane Cup, been putting way too much time in the Clios so far as it is a blast to drive. Still kinda hope we will get RS01 single cup in pcars.

Yep, and must be awesome on the game.

steviraikkonen
11-09-2015, 06:24

Wait... You are making this car for the game?? :)

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 06:36
Wait... You are making this car for the game?? :)

The Megane trophy, not the rs01

steviraikkonen
11-09-2015, 07:14
Just read it again... My bad haha

11-09-2015, 11:28
Bah, Renault Megane is a single class in real life, who will it race with?Hasn't stopped them before. =)

Hornetvenom
11-09-2015, 12:17
GT3 would be nice but i think having it as its own class would be good like Ginetta Jrs so you can run a league / series in just the 1 make.
I quite like 1 make championships - really puts emphasis on tuning and who just got it better on the day.

I was at Silverstone for the last round (It's a support race for the formula renault 3.5) and they note in the programme that the cars speed puts it between a gt3 car and a dtm.

ReadingRich
11-09-2015, 19:15
I was at Silverstone on Sunday as well. The RS01 is an amazing race car to watch, I think (but not 100%) they have the same engine as the Nissan GT-R.

mister dog
15-09-2015, 18:00
From the sides it looks so much like an R8 it could pass for a Chinese ripoff.:)

Elmo
16-10-2015, 11:18
Sounds like a heap of fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXT07X_Jqyc

:)

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 11:38
No doubt it looks fun, can we have one in Pcars please? Pretty please, Elmo?

Jonyvf
16-10-2015, 14:28
That car came to project car in a near future?

Gherkin44
16-10-2015, 15:33
Part of the Renault World Series championships if I'm not mistaken.

marcdxn
19-10-2015, 11:47
Some interesting info came out while i was watching the RS01 renault cup on MotorsTV on Sunday.
They said that a package is being developed which will put the RS01 in GT3 and GTLM specification with a hope of customers buying the car to race in GT3 Series / GTLM.

Then the commentary guy picked up on something, that for the car to be used in GT3 when its brought down to meet those specifications it also has be a road going production car, EG - something anyone could buy to drive on the road (rules of GT3 - cars must also be available as production models)

So either the guy working for Renault got it wrong or Renault are going to be bringing out a road going RS01 car.

So seeing this in GT3 / GTLM going trim is not impossible its really only down to them being bought to be used in those series when the package is right.

inthebagbud
19-10-2015, 12:38
So either the guy working for Renault got it wrong or Renault are going to be bringing out a road going RS01 car.

Damm I am going to have another mid life crisis if that comes out .... first one was with the Megane R26

marcdxn
19-10-2015, 15:08
Damm I am going to have another mid life crisis if that comes out .... first one was with the Megane R26

He pretty much said that he hopes customer racing teams take a chance and believe in what they have created and it should take off from there.
I'm quite excited about it i want to see it running against other cars rather than just a field of RS01's, would be excited to see what a road car model would be like too.

It was all on motors tv on Sunday so if i can find the clip anywhere i'll post it up, my ears only pricked up when he said they are getting a package together that will make it GT3 and GTLM compatible

ARNAGEist
19-10-2015, 15:09
Then the commentary guy That'll be John Hindhaugh from Radio Le Mans, probably the most passionate, knowledgeable & interesting commentator since Murray
I heard him say something about it potentially being used in VLN etc. but I didn't catch the whole sentence.
Interesting race yesterday if for the 2 team mates at the end :devilish:

marcdxn
19-10-2015, 15:11
That'll be John Hindhaugh from Radio Le Mans, probably the most passionate, knowledgeable & interesting commentator since Murray
I heard him say something about it potentially being used in VLN etc. but I didn't catch the whole sentence.
Interesting race yesterday if for the 2 team mates at the end :devilish:

I was wondering how long it was going to be until it all went wrong, great for the viewers !

RomKnight
19-10-2015, 15:27
Hearing Race3 coments this weekend too. It does seems they'll dumb down the car to GT3 specs although not eligible because it is not a production based car for that class.

IMO i'd just keep the RS01 as it is :D

inthebagbud
19-10-2015, 15:35
He pretty much said that he hopes customer racing teams take a chance and believe in what they have created and it should take off from there.
I'm quite excited about it i want to see it running against other cars rather than just a field of RS01's, would be excited to see what a road car model would be like too.

It was all on motors tv on Sunday so if i can find the clip anywhere i'll post it up, my ears only pricked up when he said they are getting a package together that will make it GT3 and GTLM compatible

Going to have to put a reminder on for this as saw it first a few weeks ago and keep forgetting your post has reminded me - thanks

Elmo
11-12-2015, 17:52
Friendly reminder:

You can speculate about upcoming content no problem. But we are not okay with posting videos of upcoming content that people got access to by modifying the game.

Especially when the content isn't done yet and shows WIP models, sounds or physics.

Don't spoil yourself and wait till the content is available in its full glory :)

marcdxn
11-12-2015, 17:52
Removed it.

marcdxn
11-12-2015, 17:53
Sorry thought it didn't post Elmo! then i re-posted it again.
I won't do that again.