PDA

View Full Version : 100% difficulty

Jbpd
31-05-2015, 08:44
I'm loving the game the a bit disappointed with the difficulty settings.

I'm on 100% with no assists but I've qualified on pole every race (I think ive seen this is a big with AI and fuel) and am winning most races unless I make a mistake, with almost default car setups

I'd have liked to only be able to win on 100% after having to really fine tune car setups
And my driving at a track

For example forumla c career mode 100% race distance I've won every race so far including Brno which I never raced until practice.

Pink_650S
31-05-2015, 08:47
Play online then. There's always someone faster than you, a wise man once said ;)

Jbpd
31-05-2015, 08:51
There are no doubt thousands of people quicker than me online but I don't have playstation plus yet

I didn't really make it clear in my original post is the difficulty as it should be at the moment or running too easy due a bug?

Pink_650S
31-05-2015, 08:53
Oh well, l dont know. In my experience even 90% difficulty is pretty challenging.

could_do_better
31-05-2015, 08:55
I don't know how many cars and tracks you have tried some are definately a bit too easy but others are really tough, perhaps you are ready for an online league, it is worth the subscription, that's when the game really rocks.

I assume you have all driving aids off?

There are going to be regular patches and the next one has a lot of AI changes, no confirmed date but SMSoon.

Neil Bateman
31-05-2015, 08:58
The AI in career are scaled so it gets more difficult as you progress, however i think this is being reviewed to narrow the scaling somewhat.

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 09:00
If it's the early stages of career mode, I think it is designed to be a little easier, then ramps up as you get into it. If you can start at the back of the grid and win a quick race on 100% then you have my greatest respect.

I think some vehicles have tougher AI than others though, try out plenty of combinations to see if you get a better challenge. Also there is an engine restrictor in setup you can use to reduce the power output of your car, that might spice it up for you.

Jbpd
31-05-2015, 09:06
Yeah all aids off I've mostly been racing all open wheel cars and gt3 car

I know I'm better at single seaters than touring cars / road cars but I'm thinking i can't be that good there must be something up. Racing with more fuel than needed at the moment to level it up a bit.

To be fair if a start mid pack on purpose its more difficult as my time I work through the first couple of cars have built a lead , so hopefully if qualifying is a big once that's fixed the races will too

Slicker_VR
31-05-2015, 10:16

I'm on 100% with no assists but I've qualified on pole every race (I think ive seen this is a big with AI and fuel) and am winning most races unless I make a mistake, with almost default car setups

I'd have liked to only be able to win on 100% after having to really fine tune car setups

For example forumla c career mode 100% race distance I've won every race so far including Brno which I never raced until practice.

it seems part of what you're saying is the default settings are too good - after playing gt for years with sh*t default settings i'm chuffed to bits the cars on here only need a bit of tweaking here and there to be quick :D

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 10:53
If you start at the front, there is definitely a characteristic in the AI that makes them give up a little and not come after you. You notice this most if you come up from behind, battle with them for a lap or two and they will put up a good fight, but once you get a few lengths ahead, they seem to let you go.
Try quick race and put yourself at the back of the grid, maybe 85% AI. Passing the first half of the field won't be too hard, but the challenge gets tougher and you often end up faster than the guy behind you, but matched to the tenth by the guy in front and it's hard to close the gap.
Perhaps give it a try and see how you get on.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 10:59
If you start at the front, there is definitely a characteristic in the AI that makes them give up a little and not come after you. You notice this most if you come up from behind, battle with them for a lap or two and they will put up a good fight, but once you get a few lengths ahead, they seem to let you go.
Try quick race and put yourself at the back of the grid, maybe 85% AI. Passing the first half of the field won't be too hard, but the challenge gets tougher and you often end up faster than the guy behind you, but matched to the tenth by the guy in front and it's hard to close the gap.
Perhaps give it a try and see how you get on.

I agree with this, I've always started from the back and worked my way up quite quickly in Formula A to winning over 15 laps with default tune. But now at 85% it's touch and go, just one my first race at that level having to tune the car a litte, which I detest doing because it doesn't interest me, passing off the last bend. SO plenty of challenge like that. Can't see the point of qualifying and running from the front, that's what makes F1 so boring now anyway:)

The only issue is the ones at the back tend to be more psychotic with their behaviour than the leaders, so ramming, flying across chicanes and accelerating flat out on gravel all become irritations in the AI!

Roger Prynne
31-05-2015, 11:04
Yeah mostly in career mode especially at the beginning the AI are too easy and are being worked on... the only real way of getting good races is to race in QRW with AI at 80- 85%

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 11:08
I reckon from back to front over 15 laps with 85% AI is a pretty tough challenge. Make one mistake and you‘ve had it, and the number of times I‘ve been fighting for the lead on the last lap, planning my move three or four corners ahead, it‘s fantastic and gets the nerves jingling. I always drive clean and fair though as much as I am able, not pushing my way through like you have to in Gran Turismo but setting up the pass, backing off and giving them space if it‘s not on etc.
Played like this, there is nothing to touch this game, it‘s so rewarding, and the replays look amazing, just like watching telly.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 12:06
I reckon from back to front over 15 laps with 85% AI is a pretty tough challenge. Make one mistake and you‘ve had it, and the number of times I‘ve been fighting for the lead on the last lap, planning my move three or four corners ahead, it‘s fantastic and gets the nerves jingling. I always drive clean and fair though as much as I am able, not pushing my way through like you have to in Gran Turismo but setting up the pass, backing off and giving them space if it‘s not on etc.
Played like this, there is nothing to touch this game, it‘s so rewarding, and the replays look amazing, just like watching telly.

Yep, I got full adrenalin rush having timed my overtake to the last bend and knowing that I might do it:) genuinely the most excitement and good feeling I've ever had from any computer game, felt very similar to some real world personal sporting achievements, and surpassed most of them. Not sure I'll ever be able to master 100$ front to back as I've had to make the car less stable to get the speed and spinning, etc. is so much easier now I can't push much harder in racing. Completely different to hot lapping or leading from pole. Very different experience.

Jbpd
31-05-2015, 13:36
Yep, I got full adrenalin rush having timed my overtake to the last bend and knowing that I might do it:) genuinely the most excitement and good feeling I've ever had from any computer game, felt very similar to some real world personal sporting achievements, and surpassed most of them. Not sure I'll ever be able to master 100$ front to back as I've had to make the car less stable to get the speed and spinning, etc. is so much easier now I can't push much harder in racing. Completely different to hot lapping or leading from pole. Very different experience.

Will give this a go then

I've def noticed if I start from pole and get a couple of sec lead then I can stay ahead whereas if I let them get within half a sec they normally fight with me

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 13:43
Let us know how you get on

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 15:52
Going to have to go to 90% I think, just won consecutive 15 lap, 30 field, at Monza in the Formula A and Le Mans with the Oreca. But then they are the only tracks/cars I can drive properly as I've done over 2000 miles at Monza now, lol, and 4000+ at Le mans. Now that's dedication:)

John Hargreaves
31-05-2015, 16:17
I‘ve just been racing Monza with the lotus 78, the AI in this car seem pretty fast (I stayed on default setup)

lord7289
31-05-2015, 19:41

Welcome to Lewis Hamilton's world.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 19:59
I think a lot of these guys claims make hamilton look like a newb:) be interesting when the new track cutting and ai come on stream.

Jbpd
31-05-2015, 20:20
So I've done quite a few non career quick races tonight in my favourite forumla c car and note that when you don't start upfront the ai is defiantly better in 100% mode.

Some tracks like brands Indy, and silverstone national, Brno, I only gained one or two places from starting mid pack and I like the fact I couldn't out power , or out brake the AI.

Will defiantly handicap myself in career qualifying from now on.

rocafella1978
31-05-2015, 20:53

possible for you to drive MONZA GP with GINETTA G55 GT3 vehicle and put a youtube video or post your video here? would love to learn from your driving if at all possible and you are willing to post. thanks much.