PDA

View Full Version : Individual FFB settings for each car, bad idea?

Fre.Mo
31-05-2015, 09:24
Why is there a FFB setting for each car? I would prefer a single general FFB setting, the car physics and properties (tyre width, pressure, material, mass of the car, quantity of fuel, suspension...) intrinsically making differences between cars.

Lars Rosenquist
31-05-2015, 09:31
Physics is not FFB. FFB is a translation of physics into wheel feel. If you don't want to change them you can always keep them default?

Fre.Mo
31-05-2015, 09:44
Yes, that s what I do but I have to reproduce the same setting so many times...

Roger Prynne
31-05-2015, 10:04
A lot of people want the option to adjust the FFB to suit their taste... makes a world of difference when you get it right.

mister dog
31-05-2015, 10:08
A lot of people want the option to adjust the FFB to suit their taste... makes a world of difference when you get it right.

Indeed, once you understand some of the sliders, you can tailor any car in the game to feel perfect on your particular wheel. (general FFB settings wouldn't be able to get it right for 70+ completely different cars).

smoothherb
31-05-2015, 10:38
There has to be an option to change all settings at once. Its a real bad Designe Idea. On PC there are already workarounds with mods for this. Its funny how hard all these WMD Members are defending every little criticism on this game. Make me wanne puke.

Roger Prynne
31-05-2015, 10:44
There has to be an option to change all settings at once. Its a real bad Designe Idea. On PC there are already workarounds with mods for this. Its funny how hard all these WMD Members are defending every little criticism on this game. Make me wanne puke.
We are not defending per se just being honest and realistic and trying to explain why things are the way they are.

mister dog
31-05-2015, 10:47

You sir deserve a proper rolleye: http://dors.frugalware.org/phpbb/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fre.Mo
01-06-2015, 07:30
An option allowing the choice between single FFB setting and individual FFB setting per car should be the best compromise so.

bmanic
01-06-2015, 07:41
I'd actually appreciate a dedicated master "Fx, Fy, Fz and Mz ratio / %" of some kind in the controller FFB setup tab. This way you could set all cars to a good starting point and then further tweak each car independently in case you need to.

@OP: The reason why there are individual settings for each car is because they produce so varying amounts of grip due to tire type, width, compound and down force. This all needs to be squeezed into a tiny little dynamic range so that your wheel can handle it. It's also there so people can freely get each car to "feel" the way they want to. However I do agree with you that this whole thing could have been handled a lot more elegantly. There just wasn't time before release to do any fancy stuff for the user interface of the various settings (FFB controls are not the only ones suffering from this).

jpmmuc
01-06-2015, 08:27
Why is there a FFB setting for each car? I would prefer a single general FFB setting, the car physics and properties (tyre width, pressure, material, mass of the car, quantity of fuel, suspension...) intrinsically making differences between cars.

I think you are mixing up FFB settings and car settings.
For the FFB settings you could use the Jack Spade settings summed up in a pdf for a start if you don't like the defaults. I personally like it to have a FFB setting per car.
For the car setups I even would like to have more than one setup e.g. dry and rain setup per track :cool:

So I completely disagree, only one FFB setup for all cars would be a big downgrade.