PDA

View Full Version : T300 pedal mod

djemz
31-05-2015, 09:40
Hello,

I am looking to do the pedal mod on my t300gte. But i was wondering if i ever play another game later on if i can calibrate my pedals in every other game as well?

Because i will not have full braking if i can not calibrate my pedals.

IrideGravity
31-05-2015, 10:11
Hello,

I am looking to do the pedal mod on my t300gte. But i was wondering if i ever play another game later on if i can calibrate my pedals in every other game as well?

Because i will not have full braking if i can not calibrate my pedals.

The travel of the pedals is not affected with a mod, it's the feel of them. Any mod that limited the travel would be counter productive and likely a waste. A stiffer or looser spring mod just changes the resistance and overall feel depending on preference. The travel is what's calibrated and any mod affecting that should be avoided. Hope it makes sense and helps.

alegunner68
31-05-2015, 10:15
I'm using soft rubber in mine that shortens the max travel by about 25mm. When i fire up the game, a couple of presses on track calibrates it as full braking so works fine for me.

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 10:20
Yeh just as long as you are able to calibrate your pedals in other games. It will work fine.

Paulzx
31-05-2015, 10:34
I'm using soft rubber in mine that shortens the max travel by about 25mm. When i fire up the game, a couple of presses on track calibrates it as full braking so works fine for me.

I'm using the conical rubber brake mod on the T3PA pedals but not finding it that great, the rubber is very rigid which actually just feels
like a full stop, it has occurred to me that a softer rubber cone would be better as you could push in to it better. Where did you get yours?

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 11:02
I gave up with the T3PAs and especially the originals, the Fanatec CSP V2s are a fantastic mod to all the thrustmaster wheels:)

djemz
31-05-2015, 16:35
Can everybody post his pedal mod here? Would be great to have some ideas for mods.

daddyboosive
31-05-2015, 16:43
I've ordered the rubber pads for my brake pedal. To use until the CSR Elites or T3PA-PRO'S come back into stock.

ScorpionR3D
31-05-2015, 18:24
By our 'friends' from inside sim racing

http://youtu.be/Idil5wuI33U

IrideGravity
31-05-2015, 22:12

Your right. That makes sense. Just seems a waste of travel and scale inputs, but if it works to keep you from locking up. ;)

I used a soft foam on my old xbox pedals cause they had no resistance. Could feel just before pedal bottomed out, but I could still bottom it out and lock em up if need be.

Voxen
01-06-2015, 07:36
Your right. That makes sense. Just seems a waste of travel and scale inputs, but if it works to keep you from locking up. ;)

I used a soft foam on my old xbox pedals cause they had no resistance. Could feel just before pedal bottomed out, but I could still bottom it out and lock em up if need be.

I've put a soft foam as well and this simple mod changes a lot of things.

Feetabix
01-06-2015, 08:05
This seems a good idea.......my t300rs set up is great, but the only fly on the ointment is the 'digital' feel to the brake pedal.....

Anyone got a link to a UK based supplier for a suitable rubber bung to attempt to solve the issue?......

daddyboosive
01-06-2015, 09:20
This seems a good idea.......my t300rs set up is great, but the only fly on the ointment is the 'digital' feel to the brake pedal.....

Anyone got a link to a UK based supplier for a suitable rubber bung to attempt to solve the issue?......

If you watch the video on the first page of this thread. It gives you the names of the components you need. All can be ordered from amazon.

Feetabix
01-06-2015, 09:44
Brill......thanks dad.....

Feetabix
02-06-2015, 08:44
A quick update here chaps.....I restore and ride old mountain bikes as another hobby......

......I took a foam handlebar grip about 3cm wide and cut a semi circular section from it that fits snugly into the gap behind the brake pedal......it worked great, only taking a couple of mm from the total travel of the pedal and allowing full use, but providing a little (increasing) resistance in the last quarter of use, removing the artificial dead stop at the end.......no glue or damage......and a cost of pennies if you don't have any already lying around......in fact I will send anyone the insert who wants it.....I can probably get another ten or fifteen from my current stocks!!....

......just my two penneth's worth

_MB_
02-06-2015, 11:27
Interested in the brake mod by ISR which i have seen a few months back but at the time i had trouble finding parts in the UK so gave up on that.
I did use some foam pipe lagging which worked very well it had pretty good progression however after half hour or so it would start to slowly slip out of place,eventually slipping out all together.

Would be great to see some pics of what some of you guys are using

Exoil
21-02-2016, 07:33
A quick update here chaps.....I restore and ride old mountain bikes as another hobby......

......I took a foam handlebar grip about 3cm wide and cut a semi circular section from it that fits snugly into the gap behind the brake pedal......it worked great, only taking a couple of mm from the total travel of the pedal and allowing full use, but providing a little (increasing) resistance in the last quarter of use, removing the artificial dead stop at the end.......no glue or damage......and a cost of pennies if you don't have any already lying around......in fact I will send anyone the insert who wants it.....I can probably get another ten or fifteen from my current stocks!!....

......just my two penneth's worth

Could you upload a couple of pictures?

TheLeithToe
21-02-2016, 17:48
I use a rubber band ball. Works perfectly. Costs nowt!

maxx69
22-02-2016, 07:17
I've upgraded to the t3PA pedals pacifically for the brake MOD . I looked at moding the old set using a squash ball , but am far to lazy.....but some of you guys may want to give it a try . In theory it should be amazing....maybe I should give it a go .... :)

Gary29
22-02-2016, 11:16
My T300 pedals have just broke, well the throttle has lost most of it's resistance and kind of flaps around now, think the return spring has broke, not sure on how the mechanism works but it barely springs back to it's resting position and has very little resistance, guessing there must be more than one spring working on it and at least one of them has broke.

maxx69
22-02-2016, 18:28
There's a lot of guys out there , who have upgraded the pedals and will be looking at selling the old ones .
Failing that pick up the T3PA peddles for around 70 .
Or of course , rip open the your original ones for a repair job .
If you bought them at Amazon...they'd probably replace them .