PDA

View Full Version : What about a Donation system?!

NemethR
31-05-2015, 11:03
I was racing at Donington with and was looking around the track, had a comfortable lead over the Ai...
(note: kindly increase the AI's skill at Donington, its slower then on other tracks).

Anyway back to the point, I was looking around the track, and was just noticing all the detail, that is hidden in the track, that you normally don't see, and i know already the amount of detail that was going into developing those cars, that feel so different from each other, yet they are all a lot of fun to drive, and was thinking...
What do these guys do now?

Most people have already purchased the game, and no DLC announcement yet.
Yet I am sure there would be a lot of people who would like to support the developement of the game. Just like all those WMD members did from the beginning.

So I was thinking what about a donation system, where people would NOT NEED, but would be able to donate a small monthly amount to further enable the purchasing of licences, and maybe additional artists.

I mean $5 a month is not a big amount of money, yet if we think there would only be 1000 players doing it for half a year, $30.000 is not a bad amount of money.
I mean take for example World of Warcraft, the simple reason their developers can work on that game for 10 years now, is the fact that it is pay to play.
I believe its $13 a month they have like 9 million players... that is around 117 Million a month.

Now I would think that this model would be bad for Project Cars, but a system where you can, but must not would be great.
Now these people could then get some minor things like liveries each month, or similar, some small things, that do not require licensing.
But they should NOT get any free DLC. Not because, then it would not make any additional income, which is the point of my suggestion.

I mean, if that little additional amount of money would anable you guys to get the licence for a track or a few cars, every half a year, I would be really happy to donate, and I am sure, there are some other people too.

Just my 2c :)

Gavin Thomas
31-05-2015, 14:13
There's DLC in the works, so you'll have a chance to throw more money at this game soon enough ;)

Elmo
31-05-2015, 14:20
As Ian said SMS is here for the long shot. So there will be features and content added over time. Some for free, others paid.

But there is no need for a donation system, the game sells well enough to justify further development. If you want to do something for SMS in return tell your friends about the game, be vocal about it on social media and write reviews.

Cornflex
01-06-2015, 11:53
Or buy the game again and give it to your friends.

OperatorWay
02-06-2015, 06:11
I made my "donation" with my full-priced retail purchase.

I continue to promote Project CARS by recommending it to others.

If SMS continues to provide relevant & timely support for Project CARS, I'll "donate" further by purchasing their DLC when it becomes available (along with their future games).

Try iRacing if you like making regularly-scheduled "donations"