PDA

View Full Version : The rage is real

BatteredSav
31-05-2015, 11:22
SMS please fix the framerate 100% and as soon as possible. I just tried to do a 154 lap race and was fighting for a win on lap 146 when the framerate dropped so much that the image started to freeze. When the framerate returned to normal i was looking through a broken windscreen at my left front wheel laying 10m away infront of me. My next words were unsuitable for public expression.

Umer Ahmad
31-05-2015, 11:29
Damn that sucks. Sorry mate.

Some suggestions i can think of while waiting for the fix

1. Keep the xbox adequately cooled- clear the vents and use a small desk fan if necessary to increase cool air flow (perhaps the unit did some thermal management late in the race?)

2. Move the game to an external HDD (usb 3.0), perhaps the game choked recording your replay data to disk. Many people (but not all) are reporting higher framerate stability with these external drives as they provide faster disk I/O rates than the internal HDD in the xbox.

3. Use a wired internet connection instead of wireless. Some people (not all) also reported this helps with game stability and avoiding freezes/lockups.

And more advice here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!
Again, just work-arounds until the problems are properly solved by SMS.

PeoplesChampion
31-05-2015, 11:33
Man, I COMPLETELY understand.. I'm pretty pissed off about the freezing and frame-dropping in multiplayer, too.

However, I think it's just something we are gonna have to deal with until it is fixed. I know it sucks, but they did fix the controller issues and that had a lot of people furious.

The game is literally pushing the limits of the XBox, it seems. They just have to figure out how to make the XBox get along with PCars.

Umer Ahmad
31-05-2015, 11:55
PS4 is taking a beating as well

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28250-PS4-lifetime-shortened-while-using-Pcars

BatteredSav
31-05-2015, 15:41
Damn that sucks. Sorry mate.

Some suggestions i can think of while waiting for the fix

1. Keep the xbox adequately cooled- clear the vents and use a small desk fan if necessary to increase cool air flow (perhaps the unit did some thermal management late in the race?)

2. Move the game to an external HDD (usb 3.0), perhaps the game choked recording your replay data to disk. Many people (but not all) are reporting higher framerate stability with these external drives as they provide faster disk I/O rates than the internal HDD in the xbox.

3. Use a wired internet connection instead of wireless. Some people (not all) also reported this helps with game stability and avoiding freezes/lockups.

And more advice here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!
Again, just work-arounds until the problems are properly solved by SMS.

I have a wired connection but my internet is slow at the moment. Is that going to affect the framerate?

parky69
31-05-2015, 16:14
I'm seeing quite a bit of frame rate issues at the moment. Time trial, using steering wheel with the game moved to an external drive. This is probably the worst I've experienced post latest patch. Screen freeze and sound distortion even after a hard boot. Any more suggestions?

ao1977
31-05-2015, 16:32
You guy know what causes framerate drops, too? Achievement, resp. their notifications during gameplay.

Seriously, what is an achievement good for that tells me co-ng-rat-ul-atio-ns-you-mana-[blob]-ged-to-st-st-st-st-st-art-with-th-th-th-in-0....2-se-conds in a popup (!) during the race (!!) causing my xbox to stutter that oh-so-well-done start into a messy pile of bent metal.

What are achievents good for anyway? If at least there was an achievement for finishing a race despite getting achievement notices mid-race… :nonchalance:

TrackDayKC
31-05-2015, 16:49
I am not seeing frame rate issues. I even went to Brands Hatch with 19 other AI on the course, and didn't experience any FPS issues. I was pretty pleased. I used to see a big FPS hit anytime on that second corner that whips you back towards the view of the grandstands. But that was not evident in my first time through post patch. I have the game on an external drive.

wraithsrike
31-05-2015, 17:24
I get heavy frame rate issues alot, I've dropped my XB1 to 720 and turned off all visual effects, it has helped alot but you shouldn't have to go to these lengths just to run a career race imho

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 17:30
I get heavy frame rate issues alot, I've dropped my XB1 to 720 and turned off all visual effects, it has helped alot but you shouldn't have to go to these lengths just to run a career race imho

Performance increase in next patch 1.4 rumoured to be friday 5.6.15 (6.5.15 sorry Americans :)) I think the Legends car pack goes live same day aswel but dont quote me on that

ashasha
31-05-2015, 18:26
I'm seeing quite a bit of frame rate issues at the moment. Time trial, using steering wheel with the game moved to an external drive. This is probably the worst I've experienced post latest patch. Screen freeze and sound distortion even after a hard boot. Any more suggestions?
For me sound distortion in other games (as well as PCARS) has always been fixed by clearing the persistent storage under Blu Ray discs (even if it's a DLC game) and deleting the alternate MAC address under advanced network settings. This method was given to me by xBox tech support and I've used it a couple of times when framerates drop or if the game crashes and it's fixed it every time. Of course that is MY experiences and yours may vary.

wraithsrike
31-05-2015, 18:54
For me sound distortion in other games (as well as PCARS) has always been fixed by clearing the persistent storage under Blu Ray discs (even if it's a DLC game) and deleting the alternate MAC address under advanced network settings. This method was given to me by xBox tech support and I've used it a couple of times when framerates drop or if the game crashes and it's fixed it every time. Of course that is MY experiences and yours may vary.

Will try that when I get home, cheers for posting.

parky69
31-05-2015, 20:24

Thanks for the help, tried it, but no difference. Seems worse when I'm following a ghost. Not to worry though, maybe the next patch will improve things

transfix
31-05-2015, 22:05
Sorry to hear than man. I can imagine the feeling that far into the race. Hopefully 1.4 fixes those issues.

BatteredSav
01-06-2015, 00:19
Sorry to hear than man. I can imagine the feeling that far into the race. Hopefully 1.4 fixes those issues.

I made Gordon Ramsey sound like a priest with the things i said when it happened.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
01-06-2015, 00:40
Since the patch only problem I've encountered is game freezing after setting a top time with driver network challenge in the dtm Benz . Had to restart Xbox and try again but finally got it. Multiplayer is working fine and I'm using a wireless connection and the game is the digital download version . So far I've been having a good time!

Psychomatrix
01-06-2015, 00:56
only a patch can fix the problem. If you need a external hdd for other reasons than fine go a buy one. But please don't buy a external hdd only for the hope this will improve the fps. further patches will improve the game code.

transfix
01-06-2015, 10:20
Completely agree with Psychomatrix.

ao1977
01-06-2015, 17:49
only a patch can fix the problem. If you need a external hdd for other reasons than fine go a buy one. But please don't buy a external hdd only for the hope this will improve the fps.
Thank you, good sir.
I was almost starting to believe, an external HDD would become mandatory to run pCars, which would be totally against the reasons I bought a console for: The software has to fit to the hardware specs, not the other way round.