PDA

View Full Version : Stock Cars and RAIN.

stugiiia
31-05-2015, 12:29
Does SMS know that even Vintage Stock Cars DO NOT race in the rain. Just finished a run a Leguna Seca in the Vintage Stock and on lap there a few drops of rain. Ok, it happens. By mid lap 3 I'm in a full on storm. I was expecting a red flag but no kept going till the end of the race. Y'all do know there are no "WET" tires for stock cars right? I don't even know how many hour I've spent waiting for a race to start at my home track in Richmond, Va waiting for the track to dry because of rain, gell the race in April of this year was cancelled and run a day later because of rain. Please patch this in accurate stuff. It's the little thing this that is killing you and ruining the game experience.

Elmo
31-05-2015, 12:42
That is the nice thing with a racing game, you can do things that wouldn't be allowed in the real world. Like taking a LMP1 car to the Nordschleife.

stugiiia
31-05-2015, 12:46
Well, we complain that other series race in the rain, but the truth is there are no "wet" tires, if your going to fudge something, please fudge it all the way, otherwise make it accurate.

Bobbydakid
31-05-2015, 12:48
Does SMS know that even Vintage Stock Cars DO NOT race in the rain. Just finished a run a Leguna Seca in the Vintage Stock and on lap there a few drops of rain. Ok, it happens. By mid lap 3 I'm in a full on storm. I was expecting a red flag but no kept going till the end of the race. Y'all do know there are no "WET" tires for stock cars right? I don't even know how many hour I've spent waiting for a race to start at my home track in Richmond, Va waiting for the track to dry because of rain, gell the race in April of this year was cancelled and run a day later because of rain. Please patch this in accurate stuff. It's the little thing this that is killing you and ruining the game experience.

Sorry but saying being able to race a stock car in the rain is ruining the game experience is a bit over the top to say the least.

The game has its issues and is being worked on, however this isn't an issue in my opinion. Formula 1 cars don't race in thunderstorms at midnight at Zolder, but you can do it in the game if you want to and I am glad you can.

BDR Daz
31-05-2015, 12:58
Well, we complain that other series race in the rain, but the truth is there are no "wet" tires, if your going to fudge something, please fudge it all the way, otherwise make it accurate.

You are having a go because a Developer has given you MORE in a game ... This must be the first time in History this has ever happened !!

stugiiia
31-05-2015, 13:36
I'm for accuracy. But if they are going to give extra by letting stock cars run in the rain they need to give give stock cars "wet" tires. They didn't do this. Which is my main complaint. However if they want to be considered a "Sim" they need to be accurate, and follow the rules governing the types of cars and races they are simulating in their game. Right now they can't even follow the rules for the 24 Hours of Lemons. For game ok I'll give them lee way, for a "Sim," which they claim to be, No this needs to be addressed as it is inaccurate as driving Formula 1 at Zolder at Midnight.

Oh here is something that is fun with race stops and restart because of weather, think of how much a few hours or even day can change for not just your car but the field of cars. hell a restart may be what lets you get back on the lead lap or take the lead for that matter. All I'm saying is a liitle more accuracy in this "SIM" would go a long way.

One more thing, stuff that takes away from an experience is bad for games, the feeling of being there in the moment is what makes a good game. Stuff that break that feeling is bad for games. Something y'all shgould think about before trolling a someone who feels this is being taken away or something doesn't "feel" right to them.