PDA

View Full Version : penalties

JimbobMarley65
31-05-2015, 14:13
I love the fact this game has a penalty system, personally I would like them to be a bit harsher and instead of implementing a 5 second penalty whilst on track I would rather this was added to the culprits time at the end of the race so they don't interfere with people who are behind them at the time. I also think a penalty should be imposed for leaving the pit lane when the exit lights are on red (great touch btw). Another thing I would like is if you are black flagged maybe have the car go into autodrive back to the pits. What others would you like to see ?

Dam351
31-05-2015, 17:48
Definitely would like to see penalties for ppl who drive backwards to take the leading cars out, usually so their lame friends can finish in better position.
And players who rear end a car in front and send it off track should be penalised.

Gejabo
31-05-2015, 18:01
It would have been great if there where drive-through and stop and go penalties.

For driving backwards I think you already get a penalty.
I remeber backing up to get beack on track and got a penalty for that.

witmonster
31-05-2015, 18:12
I've been watching formula one for some 25 years now, and so naturally the penalty system of f1 is something im familiar with. Naturally when I played the game in its first days, I noticed the lack of penalties' that get enforced, the first one being exiting the pit lane, my instinct is don't cross the pit line, but I did to see what happens, see where we are, and nothing, "but its not the officially licenced f1 game" I told myself. Moving on from that the next one was make sure both wheels don't cross the white lines on the edge of the track, especially on corners on the inside, but again, when u first get it, you test the do's and don'ts, I crossed the Lines, no penalty, "surely I cut that corner then?", another one I have spotted is Monaco, out of the tunnel, down the hill toward nouvelle chicane (turns 10-11) and you can go straight through it for several laps without penalty, hopefully the penalty system is tightened right up, I'm not saying to match formula one, but some of the things you can get away with are blatant. Infuriating especially online.

ccvampyre
31-05-2015, 18:59
surely the algorithms cant be difficult to stop annoying racers online..
the game is completely unplayable online at the moment

for shunting and contact..

then have drive thru or DQ..

Pcars
31-05-2015, 19:24
I just did a race and caught up the back markers and I didn't see any blue flags even though the penalties and flags option is on.

IrideGravity
31-05-2015, 22:03
It would have been great if there where drive-through and stop and go penalties.

This is true at brands hatch at least. Got shoved off and confused myself in the big field of grass spun around wrong way and drove backwards down the track until I saw wrong way. Stopped, but got a two minute penalty. Returned to pits, but still had remainder of penalty to serve after exit. So I can verify it's in at brands hatch. Still doesn't stop em from doing it though.

IrideGravity
31-05-2015, 22:05
I just did a race and caught up the back markers and I didn't see any blue flags even though the penalties and flags option is on.

They only show up on the back markers HUD. They are not actually animated in the game. There are no real corner workers, just HUD flags.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 22:24
Something needs to be done about the ones that park on the track (usually parked sideways to where you have no other choice but to slam into them) after so long of sitting on the track around in the same area the player needs to be DQed and car returned to the pits. Theres a few tracks where you can not get by when a car is parked sideways.

Then you have people that dont move on the starting grid (even after a few laps into the race), the car needs to be returned ibto the pits after so long of just sitting their.

They only show up on the back markers HUD. They are not actually animated in the game. There are no real corner workers, just HUD flags.

That might be worked into the game at some point (i hope). Just like the Pit crews will be added later.

Dam351
04-06-2015, 19:47
A car ahead spins off track and obviously has their lap invalidated, I'm approaching at speed and have to dummy left and right as instead of moving aside they're attempting to make contact with me and invalidate my lap. I've slipped past and seems its all good except the next corner has a long braking zone and I have no chance of making the corner as they've not used any brakes and easily ram me into a fence. For this collision I have my lap invalidated. Doesn't seem right because it isn't right.

Dam351
04-06-2015, 19:57
https://youtu.be/8IHXnN3kMlI
Here's an example, skip to @35 seconds.

djhonda
04-06-2015, 20:23
This has to be addressed. This kind of sim racing is new to the PS4 masses used to need for speed, burnout and other arcade titles and that's why online is currently unplayable in pCars on PS4. Amount of people only racing to rear end you, block you or just going wrong way just to hit you is too damn high! We need some algorithms implemented to a code that would put those ppl of the track immediately.

1. If you stay anywhere on the track at 0 mph for longer than 10 sec - out
2. If you going wrong way for longer than 3 sec - out
3. If you are rear ending someone before the turn causing that someone to go off - pit lane stop and go

And so on and on.

Dam351
05-06-2015, 19:00
I like those idea's. I'd probably add something like a limit to the amount of invalidated collisions per lap. To stop the taggers. Maybe when your lap is invalidated more than once on a single lap, if their car became a ghost until the next lap, this would reduce the amount of damage they're probably causing.