PDA

View Full Version : Madcatz wheel keeps having fits

Projectmanager
31-05-2015, 14:30
Hi,
Been playing this on my sim since it came out,when I turned it on today,all my settings and calibrations had to be redone,no problem,but at the start of every race,or free run,practice every single thing I start,it swings left to right violently,but if I take a stern grip of it,start the race it's fine,it's almost as if the force feedback is having fits,not tried it again since,but even on forza it didn't do this,I don't like forcing it to stop having this fit ,running the risk of breaking it but didn't know what else to do,

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 14:31
Did you update the firmware?

http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/

Projectmanager
31-05-2015, 14:37
Hi,
No,should have I done,or was it automatically done when I turned it on,
I must admit it was all a bit strange,when I first tried steering there was no response,then I realised all my settings were at default,then after I made the changes to my style it had these fits,and it was going left to right violantely,never seen anything like it,

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 14:45
I was having some issues too, the firmware update helped me out iirc. You need to download the program onto your PC, then plug the wheel base into your PC's USB port to update.

Projectmanager
31-05-2015, 14:48
Ime a little nieve when it comes to updates and firmware,how do I get these,thanks for all your help,appreciate any advice,
...russ

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 14:54
You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page (http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/). Click on Firmware update on the bottom right (I chose 64 bit). Download the program and install it onto your computer. It should give you step by step instructions, it will eventually ask you to connect your wheel base into the computer to get the update. It's pretty straight forward once you open the program up.

The update itself is specifically for pCars and F1 2015.

Projectmanager
31-05-2015, 14:56
Hi,this is all done on the xbox is it,computer as in xbox or PC via the xbox,ime getting a headache..LOL

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 14:59
You have to do it on PC.

Projectmanager
31-05-2015, 15:07
Ok thanks mate,will give it a go,how did you find the setup after you did this,was it better,and in what way,

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 15:22
The force feedback felt better and more consistent than before that's for sure.

Projectmanager
01-06-2015, 20:23
Thanks for all your help,