PDA

View Full Version : line off for multipayer

ian2726
31-05-2015, 15:58
Is there going to be an option to force the line of in multipayer.

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 16:06
lets step it up a bit, how about remove it from the game. ;)

ian2726
31-05-2015, 16:13
I see the point of the line it helps with learning the track finding brake points etc. However if I can force many other things off on multipayer to level the field, the line should also be an option.

N0body Of The Goat
31-05-2015, 16:52
In its current form, someone using the guide line will have nothing like the pace of someone who is familiar with any given car/track combo. The brake zone for the guiding line is extremely conservative for all car/track combos I'm aware of, a rookie using these brakes points could easily be 3+ seconds off amateur pace... Before we talk of pro/alien pace.

There are far more generous assist options in terms of laptime, such as ABS; TC; SC being allowed on cars where such assists do not exist in real life, if the server host allows these non-real assists.

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 17:55
I agree this should be an option. For some reason people on this forum don't want the option to remove that crutch.

GT_Racing
31-05-2015, 19:16
I have been saying this for days now. Even if it does not help them a lot it is still an aid and just like the others you should be able to force it off. Simple as that. I honestly dont know of a racing game that you cant force the line off.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 19:31
I dont use it for its driving line or its brake point. I use it to help me judge distance.

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 20:02
I dont use it for its driving line or its brake point. I use it to help me judge distance.

That is why it should be optional to be banned. You are using it to gain an advantage over not using it.

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 20:54
That is why it should be optional to be banned. You are using it to gain an advantage over not using it.

No, I use it to judge distance from the car on front of me. Nothing to do with driving the track. I make my own line, make my own brake points per how im driving. Like I said, to judge distance. But even if its off I doesn't bother me much, I only really want it on to avoid hitting another player online due to lack of judging distance.

Why do people have such a issue with if someone uses the line or not. You should have a beef when people using steering help, braking help, ABS, traction control, or stability control on cars that dont have it.

People would even complain about blind spot markers.

Arkymedes
31-05-2015, 20:59
Based on that, let's ban having the map overlay on the HUD for MP races, and so on...

N0body Of The Goat
31-05-2015, 21:05
I vote to ban the HUD, virtual mirror and auto clutch too. :P

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 21:08
No, I use it to judge distance from the car on front of me. Nothing to do with driving the track. I make my own line, make my own brake points per how im driving. Like I said, to judge distance. But even if its off I doesn't bother me much, I only really want it on to avoid hitting another player online due to lack of judging distance.

Why do people have such a issue with if someone uses the line or not. You should have a beef when people using steering help, braking help, ABS, traction control, or stability control on cars that dont have it.

People would even complain about blind spot markers.

I never said it has anything to do with you driving the track. You use it as an aid to judge distances. That would be an advantage in your favor, because clearly you think it helps you.

People only want it as an option to remove in their own lobbies. It wouldn't be forced on anyone. Just like if someone wants to run a lobby with TC they have to find one that the host allows it. If you want to use your driving line you could go to a lobby that allows it. It wouldn't change how you play the game in anyway.

GT_Racing
31-05-2015, 21:27
I never said it has anything to do with you driving the track. You use it as an aid to judge distances. That would be an advantage in your favor, because clearly you think it helps you.

People only want it as an option to remove in their own lobbies. It wouldn't be forced on anyone. Just like if someone wants to run a lobby with TC they have to find one that the host allows it. If you want to use your driving line you could go to a lobby that allows it. It wouldn't change how you play the game in anyway.

I havent seen any valid reason as to why people do not want it to be an option to be restricted to off, because there isnt one.

Mahjik
31-05-2015, 21:31
The main part of calling this an "aid" is that it can help for a night race. During the day, anyone driving by it is going to be slower than someone who just knows the track. During a night race, it will be an advantage as the driver will not need to rely on headlight site (FWIW, there as a big, long, ugly discussion about this in the WMD forums when the guide was added).

madmax2069
31-05-2015, 21:52
The main part of calling this an "aid" is that it can help for a night race. During the day, anyone driving by it is going to be slower than someone who just knows the track. During a night race, it will be an advantage as the driver will not need to rely on headlight site (FWIW, there as a big, long, ugly discussion about this in the WMD forums when the guide was added).

Then in that case at night they need to reduce the lines visibility, like it only gets shown when your headlights are highliting it, and only highlights it as far as your headlights shine (the line fades out the further out it is), that way you can't see the line going all around the track.

thisisbleep
01-06-2015, 07:22
Please search before posting, there are already a few threads about this.

You should also check the "feature suggestions" section next time before posting, it is very likely that whatever you think of suggesting has already been posted and you can add to that.

loslogo
01-06-2015, 08:07
No. Leave it in.

Get a track car mofos

PTG Claret
01-06-2015, 08:26
It is quite clearly an assist. People don't have it on their screen because it looks pretty, they have it on because it helps them in one way or another.

I've no issue with people using it - its their game to play how they like, but many series I have been involved in have forced the line off. It causes more accidents than it prevents - those who bother to learn the track properly tend to brake much later.

And as for having it on at night, well, that's possibly the biggest advantage I have ever seen in a game.

ian2726
01-06-2015, 09:57
Please search before posting, there are already a few threads about this.

You should also check the "feature suggestions" section next time before posting, it is very likely that whatever you think of suggesting has already been posted and you can add to that.

Try searching line off, multipayer line off, force line off?
Yeah that's right you get pages of crap no title mentioning it.
Do your research before posting snide comments.

justonce68
01-06-2015, 10:18
I would never force an option off................ I have it switched off and I personally find I learn tracks far quicker with not using it, as i am aware at all times where I am on the track. The rubber that is laid done in the braking areas is a good indication for a braking reference when learning new tracks and I tend to use this, as I learn braking points, I then pick a trackside marker board or a tree to gauge my exact braking point. Another great way to learn a track is time trial with a ghost a few seconds quicker then you and use their brake lights and line as reference points.

thisisbleep
01-06-2015, 12:19
Try searching line off, multipayer line off, force line off?
Yeah that's right you get pages of crap no title mentioning it.
Do your research before posting snide comments.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/search.php?searchid=9152928

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/search.php?searchid=9152934

etc.

You cannot use "off" because the word is too short, it has to be 4 or more characters long, which is a typical forum restriction. "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search"

ian2726
01-06-2015, 12:44
Exactly. Point proven.

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 17:22
No. Leave it in.

Get a track car mofos

Wow, this is the most unsound justification I have seen yet. Because people want an equal playing field online and want to disallow people from using a handicap we should quit the game and buy a tack car? Go sit down somewhere. We are having a big boy discussion over here.

Bush_Killa-73
06-06-2015, 18:21
I came on here to ask the same thing. It's a glaring omission not being able to switch it off for online rules.

Forcedchaos
06-06-2015, 18:43
Lets ban everything, people that aren't using a FFB wheel,the line,map,assists, non cockpit view, not using manual shift, what else can I think of. Come on guys, it's a video game it's suppose to be fun. Get over yourselves!

GT_Racing
08-06-2015, 21:30
Lets ban everything, people that aren't using a FFB wheel,the line,map,assists, non cockpit view, not using manual shift, what else can I think of. Come on guys, it's a video game it's suppose to be fun. Get over yourselves!

It doesnt hurt to have options. Do you need the line or something? Will it make it harder for you to find lobbies to race in because more people will probably restrict it? I dont see why you dont want other people to have the option because you need the aids. Get over yourself.