PDA

View Full Version : Dear Slightly Mad Studios.....

yorksnproud
31-05-2015, 16:33
Congratulations guys on a great Sim and one that hopefully will become the benchmark for the future.

One or two observations that you are probably working on but will improve the racing experience for everyone.

Saving multiple setups (unless I'm missing something) is an area which must be offered.

The HUD items are too large and bit too, dare I say "arcade" and not enough information is offered.

I am an administrator with a well known UK racing community and are trying to promote this Sim to our members. Can anyone give me any useful information on how we can successfully run P Cars through our dedi server?

Thanks guys and well done so far!

Howie
31-05-2015, 17:08
You can save a different setup for each track, can't you? That isn't enough? Do you need to save one for race and one for qualifying? I thought there was a dedicated server? Guess it hasn't been released yet?

Invincible
31-05-2015, 17:17
I wouldn't mind the possibility to save setups for different occasions. Qualifying, race, endurance race, bad weather and such.

Sometimes you'll need a very fast setup for time trial, which is useless in a longer race because you'll probably get one fast lap from it at the peak of your concentration, but when you're slacking off, it becomes undriveable / too insecure.

wraithsrike
31-05-2015, 17:17
You can save an individual save to a car for a individual track, thats to say any car at any time can have a different set up relating to a certain track, that's a lot of saves when you consider how many tracks are in the game.

But I agree a separate save for wet conditions would be good.

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 17:24
Congratulations guys on a great Sim and one that hopefully will become the benchmark for the future.

One or two observations that you are probably working on but will improve the racing experience for everyone.

Saving multiple setups (unless I'm missing something) is an area which must be offered.

The HUD items are too large and bit too, dare I say "arcade" and not enough information is offered.

I am an administrator with a well known UK racing community and are trying to promote this Sim to our members. Can anyone give me any useful information on how we can successfully run P Cars through our dedi server?

Thanks guys and well done so far!

If you tune a car from the pitbox (at the track) it auto saves to both car and track, if you tune via "my garage" (race central, free practice, mp lobby) it provides option of specific or all tracks

Or this is at least what ive discovered (still learning to navigate UI myself)

Hope this helps :)

k.merse
31-05-2015, 18:00
I was just thinking about the UI. But rather being too big I find it too small. Not enough room even for the very limited information you can get from it. The driver's name ahead and behind you is never fully visible, but it is still written with way too small letters just as the gap and the running clock of your laptime.

RetroNooB
31-05-2015, 20:17
I was just thinking about the UI. But rather being too big I find it too small. Not enough room even for the very limited information you can get from it. The driver's name ahead and behind you is never fully visible, but it is still written with way too small letters just as the gap and the running clock of your laptime.

That sounds more like the HUD than the UI.