PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Skins issue

Inkabodpain
31-05-2015, 18:07
I downloaded 2 different skins and when I opened in game and applied to car all that was visible on car was the paint grid no actual livery.I went into car garage chose livery and it was named custom livery. Please Help .

kmax1
31-05-2015, 18:24
Which one? If you have a problem with any livery, would be best if you write an email to the author

RunningBiscuit
31-05-2015, 18:27
Did you save the livery in C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/pcars/vehicles/textures/customliveries
with the proper name (ex: PAGANI_CINQUE_LIVERY_PLAYER)

Inkabodpain
31-05-2015, 18:28
Which one? If you have a problem with any livery, would be best if you write an email to the author

These:

http://download2172.mediafire.com/m99st0h5axrg/5i3k533mcb59yl6/bmw+z4+pcars.rar

http://download1159.mediafire.com/6pwm37jiiurg/wk7o41g8f8p27uw/Ruf+RGT8+GT2+Team+NGT.rar

kmax1
31-05-2015, 18:35
All files worked but as RunningBiscuit said you need to unpack them to steam/steamapps/common/pcars/vehicles/textures/customliveries

+ in Z4 livery - you need to change the file name to BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER

Inkabodpain
31-05-2015, 18:44
All files worked but as RunningBiscuit said you need to unpack them to steam/steamapps/common/pcars/vehicles/textures/customliveries

+ in Z4 livery - you need to change the file name to BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER

This is what I did I downloaded used winrar extract to my drive/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Pcars/vehicles/textures/customliveries

I will try again.

Neil Bateman
31-05-2015, 18:55
If its named correctly it should ask to overwrite/replace existing file.

Inkabodpain
31-05-2015, 19:20

None of them is asking me to overwrite/replace file.

Inkabodpain
31-05-2015, 19:26

I tried a different site to download skin mods and when I downloaded into game it asked as you mentioned regarding overwrite/replace exsiting file. once opened game and specific car skin was available.

kmax1
31-05-2015, 19:35
Open directory

Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries, you should see here many of the dds files for each car. Unpack these 2 liveries in the other place. Desktop maybe and rename Z4 livery to BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER. Copy all files from unpacked directories (without directories) to *./textures/customliveries. You replace existing files so the game should ask you to overwrite them.

Edit:
I see that you managed already. :)

Inkabodpain
01-06-2015, 17:13
Open directory

Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries, you should see here many of the dds files for each car. Unpack these 2 liveries in the other place. Desktop maybe and rename Z4 livery to BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER. Copy all files from unpacked directories (without directories) to *./textures/customliveries. You replace existing files so the game should ask you to overwrite them.

Edit:
I see that you managed already. :)

OK here is a folder file I downloaded and saved on desk top (I have not installed it into Project Cars ) when I open the folder this is what it has :

RUF_RGT8_GT3_LIVERY_FRESNEL.dds

RUF_RGT8_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds

RUF_RGT8_GT3_LIVERY_SPEC.dds

What do I do with this ? Thank you for the help.

kmax1
01-06-2015, 18:51
copy all 3 files to Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries and replace when system ask you but first backup CustomLiveries to safe place. :)

Inkabodpain
01-06-2015, 22:07
copy all 3 files to Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries and replace when system ask you but first backup CustomLiveries to safe place. :)

How do I do that , I'm new to PC.

kmax1
01-06-2015, 23:04
You need to locate the folder where you installed the game. If you new on PC, I think that is installed by default - C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars or C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars. Open folder with unpacked RUF RGT8 GT3 files (located on your desktop as you mentioned)-> select all 3 files (ctrl+A) -> copy (ctrl+C) -> open C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries -> paste files to customliveries folder (ctrl+V) -> you will see the text "do you want to replace existing files? " -> press yes. Thats all. I'm sorry but I don't know how to write simpler.

Inkabodpain
02-06-2015, 01:10
You need to locate the folder where you installed the game. If you new on PC, I think that is installed by default - C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars or C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars. Open folder with unpacked RUF RGT8 GT3 files (located on your desktop as you mentioned)-> select all 3 files (ctrl+A) -> copy (ctrl+C) -> open C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries -> paste files to customliveries folder (ctrl+V) -> you will see the text "do you want to replace existing files? " -> press yes. Thats all. I'm sorry but I don't know how to write simpler.

Thank you ! was able to get it done .

Nats
22-07-2015, 21:52
I tried downloading a Clio red/black livery and applied it as above (it overwrote the file fine), but when I went into a race practice the car was just plain red with no livery at all. Strange.

Edit: And now I just tried downloading the Sobrent white one and my car in the free practice was a livery at last but it was a completely different green and yellow one! Dont know whats going on. Just checked and that green and yellow one isnt in the Clio list of mod skins so I cant have downloaded the wrong one by accident.

Just going to change it back to the original.