PDA

View Full Version : [CONFIRMED] LMP tire bug?

Machinist90
31-05-2015, 18:21
I'm in the endurance career with a LMP1 car and everytime I start the race,the tires are fine,green,no problem,then when I switch tires in the pits they overheat instantly,no matter soft,medium or hard it just takes 2 or 3 corners for them to almost be on fire. Anyone else who's encountered this?

Doug914
31-05-2015, 18:38
Yes, its a bug. I've reproduced it here with a couple of cars. The game sends you out with zero tire pressure, thats what causes it. It's not 100% so i'm trying to figure out whats the scenario. I think it has to do with editing and saving setups in the garage that triggers it.

Machinist90
31-05-2015, 18:54
Yes, its a bug. I've reproduced it here with a couple of cars. The game sends you out with zero tire pressure, thats what causes it. It's not 100% so i'm trying to figure out whats the scenario. I think it has to do with editing and saving setups in the garage that triggers it.

haven't changed anything in the garage,besides the radiator intake (changed that in pitbox during practice) the LMP during an endurance race is the only time I encounter this,other races/invitationals the tires stay ok.

Doug914
31-05-2015, 19:03
I've reproduced it in a 10 lap quick race that changed over to rain.. I think just the fact you did anything in the pitbox and saved it might trigger it. Dunno for sure yet.

Profiler
15-06-2015, 19:17
Hello,
I have the same problem with a Little diffrence.
My Tire Temperature raise every time i drive into the pits. after a couple of pitstops, my tire temperature reches over 150 degrees.

Also i discovered that some set up Settings are changed if i do not start the race directly after Qualifying.

KBDkaTana
15-06-2015, 23:38
Yes, I have this with Gulf cars, Donington Nat going from slicks to wets.

Mr.Smoke
16-06-2015, 00:36
Happened to me last night in a Z4 at Silverstone. Annoying bug that cost me huge in the league i run with.

Mahjik
16-06-2015, 02:18
Check the following workaround for now: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=993170&viewfull=1#post993170

spinkick
16-06-2015, 02:24
Happened to me last night in a Z4 at Silverstone. Annoying bug that cost me huge in the league i run with.

shouldnt everyone in the league have the same issue hence equal footing :P

Mr.Smoke
16-06-2015, 02:29
Check the following workaround for now: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=993170&viewfull=1#post993170

Thats not a workaround. Those are instructions on how to assign a pit selection. This bug exsists & needs to be properly addressed, not blamed on user error with improperly assigning a pit strategy.

My pit was set to change tires, with them at the pressures i normally run. I use one pit strategy & change it accordingly. I even went to "edit current" before closing the box to ensure everything was as i wanted. I know the crew changed my tires as i got the jammed wheelnut message. As it sits right now, pit stops are broken. Even more then prior to the 1.4 patch.

Mr.Smoke
16-06-2015, 02:31
shouldnt everyone in the league have the same issue hence equal footing :P

No, only me and 2 other drivers suffered from this issue. It doesnt effect everyone all the time. Makes for very unfair competition.

Mahjik
16-06-2015, 03:04
Thats not a workaround. Those are instructions on how to assign a pit selection. This bug exsists & needs to be properly addressed, not blamed on user error with improperly assigning a pit strategy.

It's not a fix, it's a workaround until the devs are able to analyze and address the issue. You can choose to ignore it or try it. That is up to you.

thbrix
16-06-2015, 06:04
Hi

Thanks for a quick look in to this, i am sure your devs will fix this. And thank you for an awesome racesim! i am really enjoying it.

Regards
Thomas

mcarver2000
16-06-2015, 12:07
This workaround only works if one is running close to default tire pressures. If you are running different pressures, one must make a pit strategy with 5-7% different pressures from one's primary setup. Unfortunately, if you are running a race where you need to change your selected pit stop strategy, the suggested workaround takes over and one get default tire pressures that can re-introduce overheating or tires that will not get to temp.

TheOneAndOnlyJDB
25-06-2015, 21:00
I understand that devs shall be working on fixes for many areas of the game. However, curious to see if this has any update. It has made playing any race with a pitstop virtually unplayable!

Mahjik
25-06-2015, 21:15
I understand that devs shall be working on fixes for many areas of the game. However, curious to see if this has any update. It has made playing any race with a pitstop virtually unplayable!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

"* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated."

SpeedFreakDTM
25-06-2015, 23:56
Is this why my tyres are on fire after a few 1.5 - 3 laps on wakins glen in a GT3 car?

Mahjik
26-06-2015, 01:38
Is this why my tyres are on fire after a few 1.5 - 3 laps on wakins glen in a GT3 car?

After a pitstop?

PJ Dunham
26-06-2015, 06:56
Oh god just create Pit stop stratagies and make sure the one you want is selected before you start race. I make ones for softs med hard tires wets fuel no fuel and so on. NEVER had in game tire issue..

Leaving the game with default anything is useless.