PDA

View Full Version : Oval excitement!

Forcedchaos
31-05-2015, 19:00
I'm sitting here right now watching the Nascar race and salivating and dreaming about the day we get oval tracks in Project Cars, especially Daytona! I can't wait, I'm going to run the hell out of them!:D:D:D:D (Kurt Busch 41)

Nestoche
31-05-2015, 19:06
You know, there is a Nascar game that just came out about a week ago for the PC. I'm not sure how good it is since I'm not into Ovals or Nascar. But you can get you Nascar fix until PCars gets their Ovals tracks.

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 19:07
Lol, i do wish i could see some excitement in it! Guess it's probably better than current F1. Not a lot to shout about really.

Forcedchaos
31-05-2015, 19:11
You know, there is a Nascar game that just came out about a week ago for the PC. I'm not sure how good it is since I'm not into Ovals or Nascar. But you can get you Nascar fix until PCars gets their Ovals tracks.

But Project Cars is just so damn good. I'll wait. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

blacknred81
31-05-2015, 21:03

Except DMI used what was left from ETX's NASCAR '14 and just updated it, so it really isnt that good......

Daynja
31-05-2015, 21:08
"Oval excitement"

I think this when buying doughnuts. With Jam inside, maybe custard. Frosted ones ooooohhhh!

knightvision
31-05-2015, 23:02
NASCAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBR-Roadhog
31-05-2015, 23:47
Oval racing will be tough if something is not changed related to the way cars behave when they are in contact with one another. As is the car can not be steered when two cars are in contact with one another. I have had the AI take me off track several times my braking in from of me and then when we touch my car just wants to follow the AI who also apparently can not steer and just goes off track unless we can pull apart which is also difficult when the front car is an ai as he will generally apply brakes. I have also had an AI car make contact from behind and was unable to steer properly until I managed to break contact with the other car. This will need to be corrected.

RacerDude
31-05-2015, 23:51
The # reason me and several of my friends got this game to start with is far some stock car oval racing. Like I've said in other threads.. I don't care if we have real "NASCAR" or not. It can be all fictional liveries for all I care

madmax2069
01-06-2015, 00:00
Except DMI used what was left from ETX's NASCAR '14 and just updated it, so it really isnt that good......

Yeah, that game is horrible, as was every other nascar game they had their hands on. That was just a cash grab before another company took the helm at making another Nascar game next year. Every Nascar game they made had the exact same bugs and issues, kind of makes you think that the previous versions they made wasnt just the same deal (just a mod using the first nascar game they made).

Forcedchaos
01-06-2015, 11:28
Oval racing will be tough if something is not changed related to the way cars behave when they are in contact with one another. As is the car can not be steered when two cars are in contact with one another. I have had the AI take me off track several times my braking in from of me and then when we touch my car just wants to follow the AI who also apparently can not steer and just goes off track unless we can pull apart which is also difficult when the front car is an ai as he will generally apply brakes. I have also had an AI car make contact from behind and was unable to steer properly until I managed to break contact with the other car. This will need to be corrected.

I also have noticed this, definitely a problem that needs to be fixed.

wraithsrike
01-06-2015, 11:35
Until the AI are Programmed to slip stream Oval racing will be pointless.

robertedell
01-06-2015, 13:16

The AI has to be programed for Ovals it is true, still online and time trials would work. Hopefully when Ovals come the AI will be competitive.

Forcedchaos
01-06-2015, 13:18

Yes, drafting in Nascar on oval tracks is very important especially on the super speedways like Talladega, Pocono and Daytona. If that is not done right there is pretty much no point.

loslogo
01-06-2015, 13:24
Is there def going to be ovals?

Happy if they are forgotten to be honest