PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade brushless motor T300

h.greenjr2
31-05-2015, 22:24
Hey guys, I have a question. Is it possible to upgrade the T300rs brushless motor from stock to something more powerful? Say something out of a TRAXXAS R/C car E-REVO BRUSHLESS. I'm thinking about modding to add more power and add 2x cooling fans.

Revvin
31-05-2015, 22:29
I'd say no, you're upgrading the motor and then stressing every other part of the drive system that was designed to run on the stock motor. It's like beefing up the engine in your car to make it faster and then wondering why you blow the stock gearbox every 5 miles.

Howie
31-05-2015, 22:30
Haha, there needs to be a brave research and development person to try it out.

Howie
31-05-2015, 22:33
I'd say no, you're upgrading the motor and then stressing every other part of the drive system that was designed to run on the stock motor. It's like beefing up the engine in your car to make it faster and then wondering why you blow the stock gearbox every 5 miles. People modify engines to much higher HP, here in America. Without killing the trans, clutch or diff. Just saying.

Toxic
31-05-2015, 23:32
Thats becuase Americans do not know what a clutch is.

diesel97
31-05-2015, 23:41

besides the rude comments what ive read is that their is a lack of space in the case .

Howie
01-06-2015, 00:50

We shift fast, really fast.

LordDRIFT
01-06-2015, 01:06
More power from the t300. Who are you the incredible hulk?

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 01:12
Problem with using an rc motor is they are designed to be fast but not to much torque as they don't need it. If you are going to do something like this then you need to get a rock crawler motor or the like.

Then you have the issues of how is it going to work with the wheel system, most decent brushless motors from RC cars are sensors and need an ESC to operate them properly.
And then their is the power issues.

But the main issue is, is their any need?

Alan Dallas
01-06-2015, 07:09
Hey guys, I have a question. Is it possible to upgrade the T300rs brushless motor from stock to something more powerful? Say something out of a TRAXXAS R/C car E-REVO BRUSHLESS. I'm thinking about modding to add more power and add 2x cooling fans.

The motor in the T300 is way bigger than a 540 or 550 case size that's in your R/C truck. Those are made for RPM's not torque.

h.greenjr2
01-06-2015, 13:02
Lol maybe😜 it's a thought. Tuners and racers are always seeking for more "POWER" just like a turbocharged Supra, yeah it has 320bhp with twinturbos which is heavy but why convert it to a single Garrett ballbearing turbo that can generate higher boost levels mid-high rpms direct injected air to air intercooler, race downpipes, increase the displacement,etc. I think it could be done the t300 is a powerful wheel but more is "ALWAYS" better. I would swap it out for a lighter, cooler running brushless motor that has additional power reserved when needed

h.greenjr2
01-06-2015, 13:07
None really but if the t500 is the big brother of the two and has issues why not let its little brother step it up a notch and become stronger and more reliable than its predecessor

townnet
01-06-2015, 15:41
You want fighting more than driving.