PDA

View Full Version : GTX760 graphic problems - Please help!

Skywingull625
31-05-2015, 23:06
Hi everyone,

please I really need help: I'm experiencing big problems with graphics on my desktop PC :blue:

After replacing two times my graphic card through the Asus technical support, I'm still having trobles with performances.

First of all, my configuration:

Asus M51AC desktop PC

Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 3Gb 192-bit
Intel i7 4770 @3.40 Ghz
Intel H87 Express chipset (unknown motherboard)
RAM 8,00 Gb DDR3L 1600Mhz
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Nvidia Display Driver 352.86

My problems are: running Projec Cars, already from the beginning, in the main menu, i noticed my VGA being stressed and, from Asus GPU Tweak monitor, i saw temperatures raising from 20-30 degrees in idle to almost 70-80 degrees (Celsius). This happens just showing the main menu (and I think this is exagerated). Here FPS go from 100 to 250. In-race the situation changes: the graphic card becomes even hotter, going up to 80-83 degrees, and FPS fall down to almost stable 40. I experienced only the first two races of the career, with karts and only 12 players on track. I'll add that I also tried to manually override my GPU's fans to 100% speed but nothing changed.

For what concernes the visual quality, performances are everything but amazing. I'm experiencing low quality details, such as grass or objects outside the track (audience stands most of the times flicker and tremble), i have a lot of aliasing on certain objects, such as on streetlighs (in and outside the track), and crepuscular rays (if i watch the sun are very thin and bad displayed). All these things happen mostly moving or turning the camera, expecially aliasing; keeping the cam steady the image seems cleaner. Sometimes i've also noticed some tearing on my left side (but not sure about it).
I think I can't go on any longer with this poor performances on a game that makes graphic one of its stronger points, with astonishing renderings. I mean, it looked better with NFS Shift 2 (on my older PC with a GTX 660, less ram and 2.80 GHz CPU clock)..

Now my options. In the beginnig i tried using Nvidia's suggested settings (helped by GeForce Game Experience):

Antialias: No
Car details: High
View mode: full screen
Ambient details: Medium
FXAA: No
Reflections: Low
Render frames ahead: 1
Resolution: 1680x1050@59 Hz (my screen supports 60 Hz, i don't know if it can matter)
Shadow details: Medium
SMAA: High
Texture filter: Anisotropic 16x
Texture resolutions: High
Track details: Medium

I read about peple with lower-end graphics cards and processors run with stable 50-60 FPS and higher details settings at lower temperatures.. is this normal or am i the most unlucky guy in the world about PC gaming?

I also changed many settings in order to lower the temperatures or to improve visual rendering, but almost nothing changed.

Please, I'm really begging for help on this T.T
I know this post was so long but i hope you had the strenght ro read it all and to help me.

Thank you all ;)

PS: oh, another little problem. Do you know how cai i receive a force feedback on my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2? I have to use it as a custom controller beacuse it won't work like a Xbox one. Force feedback is enabled.

HBR-Roadhog
01-06-2015, 01:34
If you set the adaptive vsync on in the nVida control panel it may help with the heat as it will only try to give you 60fps and will not work as hard in those cases where it would be getting much more than 60fps.

Do you have detailed grass turned on? If so then you should turn it off. May want to drop shadows to low if still an issue.

I am running a 750 TI using adaptive vsync, most things on medium grass off shadows and reflections on low SMAA high aa off FXAA off and I get a pretty steady 60 fps in clear weather even with 56 cars out there. Haven't checked in the rain. My card gets to around 70c while racing

My brother is using the GTX 760 and he was hitting 80-82c on it until he enabled the adaptive vsync and now is staying under 80c He is also getting a pretty steady 60fps even with 56 cars and has a couple of his settings a click higher than I do.

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 09:25
Ok, I've set the v-sync on adaptive and now it doesn't get higher than 60 fps, even in the menu, with a extremely big improvement on the side of gpu stress: now temperatures in menus don't reach more than 60 degrees. There's also been an improvement on in-race fps, now 50-60. Thank you very much :)

On the other side i'm still experiencing problems with aliasing on streetlights and similar things. I'm running MSAA high, AA off, FXAA off and most of the settings on low. What should I do with that?

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 10:10
I'll post some screenshots of my aliasing problem (nothing changed even disabling crepuscular rays and putting SMAA on ultra and AA to DS2X)

I don't know if you can see it, but look at the changes from one picture to another: audience stands are very.. I don't know.. serrated? This happens mostly when the camera is moving.
I changed many settings and I really don't know what to do now.

Mark Bevan
01-06-2015, 10:23
On the other side i'm still experiencing problems with aliasing on streetlights and similar things. I'm running MSAA high, AA off, FXAA off and most of the settings on low. What should I do with that?

Those settings don't make sense. Are you using AA= 'High' & FXAA = Off ? A screenshot of your settings would be good.

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 11:08
Ok but they are in italian, i don't know if you'll understand, but i can translate everything if you want :)

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 11:25
First screenshot:

Post processing filter: yes
Lens flare: yes
Sun flare exteriors: thin
Sun flare interior: thin
Glare: yes
Heat haze: no
Specular global irradiation: yes
Exposition compensation: 1,00
Rain drops: yes
Vignetting (?): no
Crepuscular rays: no
dirt on the windshield: yes

Second pic:

Resolution: 1680x1050 59Hz
Window mode: no
Textures resolution: high
Textures filter: Anisotropic 16x
V-sync: yes
Antialiasing: DS2X
FXAA: no
SMAA: ultra
Reflections: low
Environment mapping: low
Car details: high
Track details: medium
Shadows details: no
Motion blur: high
Frames pre-rendered: 1
Detailed grass: no
Particles level: medium
Particles density: medium
Headlights stretched reflections: yes

Third pic:

RV prevision:1,00
Use shared memory: yes
Flickering setting: 4,00

That's all i think. Sorry for my not precise translation.

Mark Bevan
01-06-2015, 11:28
Try switching from Anti-aliasing = DS2X, to MSAA, which should help with those stands (particularly in motion).
Dropping down from SMAA Ultra to SMAA Low, will save you some FPS whilst not decreasing your IQ much (Low is very effective).
There isn't one right answer in terms of AA, there useful info;
- in this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23619-SMAA-and-MSAA
- in the 'Graphics Setting Explanation and Impact - Suggested Setting' section of this post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22375-Technical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE&p=886927&viewfull=1#post886927
- and in this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUmhUhSgYk

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 11:30
Now just compare with this:

"My card and PC are old.
Nvidia GTX 460 se 756mb
Athlon II X 4 640 quad.

Getting 40 - 60 fps with 25 AI and most settings on medium.
Going to get a GTX 960 to hopefully improve things. "

(seen here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22593-What-Graphics-Card-Are-You-Using&highlight=gtx760)

Is this normal? With my GTX 760 I'm having problems on low-mid settings :confused:

Mark Bevan
01-06-2015, 12:06
Make sure you have adaptive vsync turned on in Nvidia Control Panel, not just vsync.
If you are getting GPU temperature problems, then make a custom fan profile (say in afterburner), to ensure that the GPU fan(s) speed increases as the temperature rises, faster than they do with your default profile.
You might also want to check that your case cooling is ok and that all the fan filters etc are clean.
Update your Nvidia drivers to the latest version, as there have been improvements for pCars as Nvidia have updated their drivers and there are early reports that the Kepler performance fix in the very latest 353.06 drivers (released yesterday) are very good.
Your PC should be capable of running pCars ok, so it would be worth running some standard PC type benchmarks (e.g. Unigine Heaven) and comparing your results with other similar PCs, to check that your machine is performing as it should.

Charger
01-06-2015, 13:01
For the bad AA and flicker try turning the jitter tweak to 0, made mine look butter smooth!

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 13:45
Ok now, i'll try the new drivers as soon as i can. By now, my remainig problems are flickering on shadows (if detailed shadows are even on low), on crepuscular rays and on fences/ audience stands/ streetlights, and sometimes even on trees. Temperatures with the v-sync on adaptive now seem to be reasonable.
Last thing may be frame rate: with 12 karts on track it hits almost granitic 50 fps. By now i think it is ok, but i wonder how could it be in the 24hs of Le Mans with 56 cars around. I can't imagine in thunderstorms.. I tried reading your answers in the links you posted, but in the end i didn't understand very much.. with my configuration and problems, what settings would you suggest?

I know I'm making you all waste a lot of time, sorry, I'm really glad about the help you're giving to me :)

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 13:53
For the bad AA and flicker try turning the jitter tweak to 0, made mine look butter smooth!

I did a quick try with that and crepuscular rays seemed to be much better (but with no detailed shadows), but AA and flickering on fences and similars remained.

what are your settings/configs?

Mark Bevan
01-06-2015, 14:34
To reduce the flickering on fences, you need to use an MSAA based AA mode in game (MSAA, DS2M or High). Downsampling and FXAA also help, but to a lesser extent.
To reduce flickering on shadows, you need to use downsampling either in game (DS?X) or via Nvidia DSR.
To tackle both, you need an in game MSAA based mode, combined with Nvidia DSR.
That takes a lot of GPU power.

Charger
01-06-2015, 15:23
I'll post my settings up later, but I have almost eliminated flicker and jaggies to a point where I don't notice them and far off views are crisp and clear, it was really noticeable before, I know I only use AA on High, no FXAA as it blurred or SMAA that made it worse, I am running an FX8320 and GTX770 2GB, one thing I would say is that although I can run some things on high and ultra and still get good fps I actually end up with a mix of med, high and ultra but I am not at my PC at the moment.

Post up a pic of the worst place/s where you see the flickering and jaggies etc and I will replicate them to compare screenshots if you like, one place I was really impressed with the draw distance and clarity is on the long straight on Nordschliefe, I can see all the way behind in the mirror and all the way in front to the end of the straight, before it was pixelated in the far distance.

I really hate jaggies and flicker especially at the track edges and on fences etc, it is so distracting so spent a lot of time experimenting, probably longer than I have spent racing lol.

Aldo Zampatti
01-06-2015, 16:29
Helmet cammera might have blur on.
Can you post a screenshot with the problem without helmet cam? external or any other one will do it

Pr3t3nd3r
01-06-2015, 16:57
I have GTX760 so we can compare results. Select one track and conditions and we can make a comparison of results. I recommend you trying Azure Circuit with Fixed Weather - Thunderstorm, set real time and start time at 13:00, Share your results and I will share mine :)

Pr3t3nd3r
01-06-2015, 18:11
Hi everyone,

please I really need help: I'm experiencing big problems with graphics on my desktop PC :blue:

After replacing two times my graphic card through the Asus technical support, I'm still having trobles with performances.

First of all, my configuration:

Asus M51AC desktop PC

Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 3Gb 192-bit
Intel i7 4770 @3.40 Ghz
Intel H87 Express chipset (unknown motherboard)
RAM 8,00 Gb DDR3L 1600Mhz
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Nvidia Display Driver 352.86

My problems are: running Projec Cars, already from the beginning, in the main menu, i noticed my VGA being stressed and, from Asus GPU Tweak monitor, i saw temperatures raising from 20-30 degrees in idle to almost 70-80 degrees (Celsius). This happens just showing the main menu (and I think this is exagerated). Here FPS go from 100 to 250. In-race the situation changes: the graphic card becomes even hotter, going up to 80-83 degrees, and FPS fall down to almost stable 40. I experienced only the first two races of the career, with karts and only 12 players on track. I'll add that I also tried to manually override my GPU's fans to 100% speed but nothing changed.

For what concernes the visual quality, performances are everything but amazing. I'm experiencing low quality details, such as grass or objects outside the track (audience stands most of the times flicker and tremble), i have a lot of aliasing on certain objects, such as on streetlighs (in and outside the track), and crepuscular rays (if i watch the sun are very thin and bad displayed). All these things happen mostly moving or turning the camera, expecially aliasing; keeping the cam steady the image seems cleaner. Sometimes i've also noticed some tearing on my left side (but not sure about it).
I think I can't go on any longer with this poor performances on a game that makes graphic one of its stronger points, with astonishing renderings. I mean, it looked better with NFS Shift 2 (on my older PC with a GTX 660, less ram and 2.80 GHz CPU clock)..

Now my options. In the beginnig i tried using Nvidia's suggested settings (helped by GeForce Game Experience):

Antialias: No
Car details: High
View mode: full screen
Ambient details: Medium
FXAA: No
Reflections: Low
Render frames ahead: 1
Resolution: 1680x1050@59 Hz (my screen supports 60 Hz, i don't know if it can matter)
Shadow details: Medium
SMAA: High
Texture filter: Anisotropic 16x
Texture resolutions: High
Track details: Medium

I read about peple with lower-end graphics cards and processors run with stable 50-60 FPS and higher details settings at lower temperatures.. is this normal or am i the most unlucky guy in the world about PC gaming?

I also changed many settings in order to lower the temperatures or to improve visual rendering, but almost nothing changed.

Please, I'm really begging for help on this T.T
I know this post was so long but i hope you had the strenght ro read it all and to help me.

Thank you all ;)

PS: oh, another little problem. Do you know how cai i receive a force feedback on my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2? I have to use it as a custom controller beacuse it won't work like a Xbox one. Force feedback is enabled.

BTW...

85°C is normal for a GTX760. I have 70-75°C with 98-99% GPU usage (temps are rolling at 61-62%) and Adaptive V-sync is enabled so these temps are normal for that GPU ;) And if I raise cooling vents to 100% I loose only 1-2°C so you shouldn't worry about it.

I am still waiting for the results. Here are mine:

Gameplay mode: Practice
Track: Azure Circuit
Car: Formula A
Weather: Fixed with Thunderstorm
Time: Realtime prgoression - Starting time set to 12:00

Frames: 50-60 (keep in mind Adaptive V-sync is enabled in Nvidia CP)

My settings:

VISUAL FX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wlcvfnui1ct7o3/pCARS64_2015_06_01_20_06_42_027.bmp?dl=0
PERFORMANCE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10go7xhvx2yvx89/pCARS64_2015_06_01_12_22_00_301.bmp?dl=0
HARDWARE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/24fzlpsm6mpu3wh/pCARS64_2015_06_01_20_06_50_343.bmp?dl=0

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 21:04
To reduce the flickering on fences, you need to use an MSAA based AA mode in game (MSAA, DS2M or High). Downsampling and FXAA also help, but to a lesser extent.
To reduce flickering on shadows, you need to use downsampling either in game (DS?X) or via Nvidia DSR.
To tackle both, you need an in game MSAA based mode, combined with Nvidia DSR.
That takes a lot of GPU power.

Ok, I'll check this out, maybe step by step. I hope it won't take down the GPU

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 21:17
I'll post my settings up later, but I have almost eliminated flicker and jaggies to a point where I don't notice them and far off views are crisp and clear, it was really noticeable before, I know I only use AA on High, no FXAA as it blurred or SMAA that made it worse, I am running an FX8320 and GTX770 2GB, one thing I would say is that although I can run some things on high and ultra and still get good fps I actually end up with a mix of med, high and ultra but I am not at my PC at the moment.

Post up a pic of the worst place/s where you see the flickering and jaggies etc and I will replicate them to compare screenshots if you like, one place I was really impressed with the draw distance and clarity is on the long straight on Nordschliefe, I can see all the way behind in the mirror and all the way in front to the end of the straight, before it was pixelated in the far distance.

I really hate jaggies and flicker especially at the track edges and on fences etc, it is so distracting so spent a lot of time experimenting, probably longer than I have spent racing lol.

By now I only checked on karts at Gleincairn (or something like that) just not to spoiler myself other cars and tracks, but now I have to do that. I agree with you, jaggies and flickerings are terrible, they're unbearable at Glencairn. I'll try out other tracks and will post pics ;)

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 21:18
Helmet cammera might have blur on.
Can you post a screenshot with the problem without helmet cam? external or any other one will do it

Here they come

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 21:20
BTW...

85°C is normal for a GTX760. I have 70-75°C with 98-99% GPU usage (temps are rolling at 61-62%) and Adaptive V-sync is enabled so these temps are normal for that GPU ;) And if I raise cooling vents to 100% I loose only 1-2°C so you shouldn't worry about it.

I am still waiting for the results. Here are mine:
Gameplay mode: Practice
Track: Azure Circuit
Car: Formula A
Weather: Fixed with Thunderstorm
Time: Realtime prgoression - Starting time set to 12:00

Frames: 50-60 (keep in mind Adaptive V-sync is enabled in Nvidia CP)

My settings:

VISUAL FX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wlcvfnui1ct7o3/pCARS64_2015_06_01_20_06_42_027.bmp?dl=0
PERFORMANCE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10go7xhvx2yvx89/pCARS64_2015_06_01_12_22_00_301.bmp?dl=0
HARDWARE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/24fzlpsm6mpu3wh/pCARS64_2015_06_01_20_06_50_343.bmp?dl=0

Ok mate, thanks a lot, here come the screenshots, just give me a minute ;)

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 22:10
Ok, I'll tell you what i did:

First thing, I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, 353.06.
I changed AA to MSAA, shadow details on low and kept the SMAA on ultra.
Then i tested Formula A on the Azure Cost with thunderstorms: it looked well, frame rate from 40 to 55 (i was alone and almost still, i couldn't manage to drive so long in those conditions :p); aliasing was almost gone, i only had it on far away boats but not so much as at Glencairn. I have to say that, i don't know why, at a moment the video freezed for a few seconds, but then it continued smooth.
Last thing i did was to check with those settings at the same glecairn: nothing to do. Same jagging and flickering on fences, shadows and on crepuscular rays.
At the end, my temperature, with fans on 90%, didn't overtake 75°C (positive, i think).

Suggestions? Here are the screenshots.

205759205760205764ATTACH=CONFIG]205761[/ATTACH]205762205763

Here you can't see flickering on shadows and sun rays, but I swear there are. Oh, watching at the pics i noticed aliasing also on the car and on the curb, but i may be wrong.

However, thank you all, I couldn't imagine such interest and help about my problem :)

Skywingull625
01-06-2015, 22:17
I have GTX760 so we can compare results. Select one track and conditions and we can make a comparison of results. I recommend you trying Azure Circuit with Fixed Weather - Thunderstorm, set real time and start time at 13:00, Share your results and I will share mine :)

I did the test and almost everything's gone well, apart from that freeze (look at my other post). What were your settings?

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 11:09
I did some other tests: now it's even worse, i don't know why but at Dubai I also have strange dark signs on posters at finish line.. No detailed shadows nor crepuscular rays. AA on high, MSAA or DS2M, nothing changed. And nothing changed with different settings of FXAA or SMAA. I don't know what to think. Here are the screenshots

Pr3t3nd3r
02-06-2015, 12:04
I did the test and almost everything's gone well, apart from that freeze (look at my other post). What were your settings?

You can check my settings here:

VISUAL FX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wlcvfnui1...2_027.bmp?dl=0
PERFORMANCE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10go7xhvx2...0_301.bmp?dl=0
HARDWARE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/24fzlpsm6m...0_343.bmp?dl=0

Are your settings set to default in Nvidia CP? Maybe you have something set to force off in Nvidia CP? Check it under the 3D Settings. Try to create a new profile in Nvidia CP for pCARS :) Do you have perhaps Vignette enabled?

Pr3t3nd3r
02-06-2015, 12:05
Ok, I'll tell you what i did:

First thing, I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, 353.06.
I changed AA to MSAA, shadow details on low and kept the SMAA on ultra.
Then i tested Formula A on the Azure Cost with thunderstorms: it looked well, frame rate from 40 to 55 (i was alone and almost still, i couldn't manage to drive so long in those conditions :p); aliasing was almost gone, i only had it on far away boats but not so much as at Glencairn. I have to say that, i don't know why, at a moment the video freezed for a few seconds, but then it continued smooth.
Last thing i did was to check with those settings at the same glecairn: nothing to do. Same jagging and flickering on fences, shadows and on crepuscular rays.
At the end, my temperature, with fans on 90%, didn't overtake 75°C (positive, i think).

Suggestions? Here are the screenshots.

205759205760205764ATTACH=CONFIG]205761[/ATTACH]205762205763

Here you can't see flickering on shadows and sun rays, but I swear there are. Oh, watching at the pics i noticed aliasing also on the car and on the curb, but i may be wrong.

However, thank you all, I couldn't imagine such interest and help about my problem :)

Are your settings set to default in Nvidia CP? Maybe you have something set to force off in Nvidia CP? Check it under the 3D Settings. Try to create a new profile in Nvidia CP for pCARS :) Do you have perhaps Vignette enabled?

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 12:16

The links lead me to a 404 error on dropbox, could you send the screenshots here? :)

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 14:24

Ok, found and tested your settings. At glencairn it seemed better on fences (not perfect however) but still aliasing and flickering on sun rays and on shadows.

At Azure coast, formula A, 16 cars and thunderstorm, frames between 45 and 60 fps, even having multiple collisions. Graphics seem very good, but i had two crashes during the loading of the complete track and of the first part.
These settings may be a good starting point :) May I see your Nvidia CP settings too? So we can completely compare results

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 14:45
Other tests at Glencairn and Dubai. Nothing to do. :blue:

CQR_CHRiS
02-06-2015, 14:51
I use the 750 Ti and set my texture filtering to Trilinear, runs alot better with a huge gain in FPS in races to the point I can stream again and still hit over 60fps. Could be worth a shot.

Pr3t3nd3r
02-06-2015, 14:52
Ok, found and tested your settings. At glencairn it seemed better on fences (not perfect however) but still aliasing and flickering on sun rays and on shadows.

At Azure coast, formula A, 16 cars and thunderstorm, frames between 45 and 60 fps, even having multiple collisions. Graphics seem very good, but i had two crashes during the loading of the complete track and of the first part.
These settings may be a good starting point :) May I see your Nvidia CP settings too? So we can completely compare results

Sure m8 :) Whatever you need just name it :)

Here you go:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rgeal7nv55yusm/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.01.png?dl=0
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vnojr92i06718l/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.07.png?dl=0
3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e8d4l0twu8zgfx/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.15.png?dl=0
4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai9amnp5hii71rg/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.22.png?dl=0

Ntw I have some flickering with the dust and few disapperaing objects in the virtual mirror :D

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 15:28

Here you go:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rgeal7nv55yusm/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.01.png?dl=0
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vnojr92i06718l/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.07.png?dl=0
3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e8d4l0twu8zgfx/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.15.png?dl=0
4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai9amnp5hii71rg/Screenshot%202015-06-02%2016.49.22.png?dl=0

Ntw I have some flickering with the dust and few disapperaing objects in the virtual mirror :D

Checked: no way, same problems. May be my vga or botherborad broken?

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 15:30
I use the 750 Ti and set my texture filtering to Trilinear, runs alot better with a huge gain in FPS in races to the point I can stream again and still hit over 60fps. Could be worth a shot.

Do you mean AA trilinear in-game or from Nvidia CP?

Zeiss
02-06-2015, 15:48
Not sure what other problems you're having but this is just to address your aliasing issue.

You are always going to get jagged / crawling textures with this game unless you run very high AA setting and some sort of transparency AA such as SGSS in Nvidia Inspector. The game seems naturally very aliased and takes a great deal to get it to look smooth. This means a single 760 GTX is going to have a very hard time dealing with those sorts of settings. I'm running 670 GTX SLI with the primary fps killers such as reflections and environment map set to low and shadows turned off. The shadows are terrible looking due to aliasing that's impossible to remedy unless you can run 6 or 9xDS, which wont work in most cases unless you're running big hardware (970 / 980 GTX SLI etc).

To clean up crawling textures (ie fences) try running MSAA with a 2 or 4x SGSS set in Inspector. However, ymmv fps wise when using SGSS with a single 760. I am currently running MSAA with 8x SGSS and the image quality is fairly good @ 1080p 72 fps. But of course I am running SLI 670s. I prefer clean lines over sparkly eye candy. If you want the best image quality adjust your game so that you can maintain 60 fps constantly with vsync enabled, and adjust AA settings vs visual settings to achieve clean (or clean as you can get) lines first.

Just on a side note, FXAA / SMAA do very little to solve the jagged line issue, except blur the screen. I find using these settings simply gives me a blurry, still jagged screen.

CQR_CHRiS
02-06-2015, 16:51
Do you mean AA trilinear in-game or from Nvidia CP?

In game, might not be the best looking option but good FPS.

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 18:03
Not sure what other problems you're having but this is just to address your aliasing issue.

You are always going to get jagged / crawling textures with this game unless you run very high AA setting and some sort of transparency AA such as SGSS in Nvidia Inspector. The game seems naturally very aliased and takes a great deal to get it to look smooth. This means a single 760 GTX is going to have a very hard time dealing with those sorts of settings. I'm running 670 GTX SLI with the primary fps killers such as reflections and environment map set to low and shadows turned off. The shadows are terrible looking due to aliasing that's impossible to remedy unless you can run 6 or 9xDS, which wont work in most cases unless you're running big hardware (970 / 980 GTX SLI etc).

To clean up crawling textures (ie fences) try running MSAA with a 2 or 4x SGSS set in Inspector. However, ymmv fps wise when using SGSS with a single 760. I am currently running MSAA with 8x SGSS and the image quality is fairly good @ 1080p 72 fps. But of course I am running SLI 670s. I prefer clean lines over sparkly eye candy. If you want the best image quality adjust your game so that you can maintain 60 fps constantly with vsync enabled, and adjust AA settings vs visual settings to achieve clean (or clean as you can get) lines first.

Just on a side note, FXAA / SMAA do very little to solve the jagged line issue, except blur the screen. I find using these settings simply gives me a blurry, still jagged screen.

Ok, i'll accept the idea of running without shadows (and that's weird that Geforce Experience suggested me Medium as setting). What do you exactly mean by "2 or 4x SGSS set in Inspector"? Could you post a pic of your inspector settings? :) Because i found the transparency AA setting also in Nvidia CP.

However, I'm still confused and amazed by people saying that with GTX460 they are able to run this game with mid-high settings.. if I'm in trouble with a 760, how the hell can they do that??

PS: hope DX12 will bring more optimization

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 18:06
In game, might not be the best looking option but good FPS.

By now I'm feeling ok with fps, i'm not a 60 frame's fanatic, also 45-50 it's ok for me :) thank you however

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 18:32
Almost nothing changed even if I did a stress test with DS4X as AA!!! This is insane.. i think i might have hardware problems. In your opinion? I'm becoming mad setting this game :blue: :blue: :blue:

PS: noticed AA even in the pictures in the main menu.. you know, the pictures on the buttons like careeer, single player.. not when they are still but when they are moving, like when you pass the mouse on them. In my opinion this isn't normal.

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 18:50
Now aliasing has started to be everywhere, i really don't know what to think: car, menus.. i think i need an exorcist.

Zeiss
02-06-2015, 19:46
Ok, i'll accept the idea of running without shadows (and that's weird that Geforce Experience suggested me Medium as setting). What do you exactly mean by "2 or 4x SGSS set in Inspector"? Could you post a pic of your inspector settings? :) Because i found the transparency AA setting also in Nvidia CP.

However, I'm still confused and amazed by people saying that with GTX460 they are able to run this game with mid-high settings.. if I'm in trouble with a 760, how the hell can they do that??

PS: hope DX12 will bring more optimization

First off, Geforce Experience is mostly useless. Shadows make the screen crawl and look generally bad. You'll be amazed how the scene cleans up when you turn them off. The transparency in Nvidia CP is not SGSS (Sparse Grid Supersampling -see pic). Grab Nvidia Inspector and use that, I never touch the Nvidia CP anymore as Inspector has a lot more settings and a lot more control. People that claim to run the game with a 460 on mid / high are probably leaving out that they're running at 25-30 fps with little to no anti-aliasing. Your target is 60 fps consistent with good image quality (AA quality). For certain this game is a GPU hog if you want it to actually look good. Remember to set "MSAA" in game when using forcing SGSS in Inspector.

Zeiss
02-06-2015, 19:54
By now I'm feeling ok with fps, i'm not a 60 frame's fanatic, also 45-50 it's ok for me :) thank you however

You should aim for 60 fps. Why? Two reasons. The game play is by far the smoothest when fps is matched to your monitors refresh rate (ie 60 fps and 60hz refresh), and image quality is best when you are matching fps to refresh rate.

Skywingull625
02-06-2015, 22:08
First off, Geforce Experience is mostly useless. Shadows make the screen crawl and look generally bad. You'll be amazed how the scene cleans up when you turn them off. The transparency in Nvidia CP is not SGSS (Sparse Grid Supersampling -see pic). Grab Nvidia Inspector and use that, I never touch the Nvidia CP anymore as Inspector has a lot more settings and a lot more control. People that claim to run the game with a 460 on mid / high are probably leaving out that they're running at 25-30 fps with little to no anti-aliasing. Your target is 60 fps consistent with good image quality (AA quality). For certain this game is a GPU hog if you want it to actually look good. Remember to set "MSAA" in game when using forcing SGSS in Inspector.

Ok, I did what you told: first with custom settings in inspector, as shown in your pic: nothing changed. Then I used the predefined project CARS settings adding the SGSS and here something has changed. Now near things seem to be totally without aliasing, but far audience stands, control towers and trees don't. With these settings I also experienced some tearing, but frame rate is rock-solid 60 fps.

Another thing: i have to say that aliasing is still present in the main menu (like on the SMS logo in the upper right corner) and, for the solo features, the green colour in the boxes has become too much and covers the picture when you hold the mouse. Here are the screens:

Mark Bevan
03-06-2015, 05:03
Very few people have used CSAA during the pCars development. I would check whether 8xCSAA is actually doing anything. Produce some identical screenshots with & without 8xCSAA on, with a frame rate monitor running (e.g. FRAPS), to compare. If your frame rate doesn't change when you switch 8xCSAA on or off, it probably isn't doing anything !

If you are running MSAA in game, you have 4 x samples. You should therefore ideally use 4 x Sparse Grid Supersampling. You can run less than that (to improve your frame rates, at the expense of IQ), but there is no point in running more.

Have you tried adding some Nvidia DSR to in game MSAA ?

Have you tried adding SMAA or FXAA on Low ? Both are very effective, given the very small FPS hit that they produce.

Skywingull625
03-06-2015, 22:24
Ok I did the test. CSAA and sparse grid do work: I had 47-60 fps with both on and rock-solid 60 off. Also the visual effect changes:

on-> no aliasing on quite near objects, as tyres on the border of the track, some tearing (but v-sync was not correctly set and i know, that's not the problem).
off-> complete aliasing and no tearing.

I couldn't do the screenshots, anyway. In both situation I was runnig in game MSAA and a SMAA on medium.

Oh i noticed one thing just now: sometrees are missing and replaced with white space

However i haven't tried other settings yet, but i'm going to do it soon. How much DSR do you suggest? Min is 1.20x and max is 4.00x. I'm not so much optimist, by the way..

PS: i would like to post a video of my glitching and flickering, because pics do not explain so much and i don't know if i've been able to make you understand, my problem is not static and comes from motion. I don't have a Youtube or Dailymotion channel and i'd rather not to create one of them.. how can I do? :)

Skywingull625
03-06-2015, 22:30

Here you go:

Hey man, just to do a comparison of what should i really see, could you please post a screen of some fences and audience stands at glencairn (full circuit) with a 125cc kart? would be fantastic, thank you :) expecially the ones on the left just over the first right turn (after the starting straight section) and the ones you see from the start in front of you :)

Pr3t3nd3r
03-06-2015, 23:04
Hey man, just to do a comparison of what should i really see, could you please post a screen of some fences and audience stands at glencairn (full circuit) with a 125cc kart? would be fantastic, thank you :) expecially the ones on the left just over the first right turn (after the starting straight section) and the ones you see from the start in front of you :)

I have a better idea :)

Why don't you add the on Steam and I will do some Live Stream for you and we can play together? ;)

Steam ID: pr3t3nd3r87

Thats how I can help you even more when needed :)

Mark Bevan
04-06-2015, 05:18
Ok I did the test. CSAA and sparse grid do work: I had 47-60 fps with both on and rock-solid 60 off.

Sparse grid definitely works, I was questioning whether CSAA actually works. It would be worth testing CSAA without Sparse Grid, to see.

Did you turn your Sparse grid down from 8x to 4x ? 8x is just wasting frame rate, for very little (if any) IQ benefit.

However i haven't tried other settings yet, but i'm going to do it soon. How much DSR do you suggest? Min is 1.20x and max is 4.00x. I'm not so much optimist, by the way..

With a 1080p display you should ideally use DSR 1.78x, 2.25x or 4,00x, as everything other setting can give you bad picture quality. Set smoothness to ~20%.

DSR works best when the square root of the DSR values is a "rounded" number.

sqrt of DSR 1.50 = 1.2247 = bad
sqrt of DSR 1.78 = 1.33 (1 1/3) = good
sqrt of DSR 2.00 = 1.4142 = bad
sqrt of DSR 2.25 = 1.50 (1 1/2) = good
sqrt of DSR 3.00 = 1.7321 = bad
sqrt of DSR 4.00 = 2.00 = good

DSR hits your GPU hard, so you shouldn't try to run much other AA with it. I would suggest that you try just in game AA=MSAA with it and turn off both CSAA & Sparse Grid Supersampling.

You will probably find that anything over DSR 1.78x hits your frame rates too hard (when combined with any other AA), so test DSR 1.78x first.

SMAA wise, if your frame rates are too low, try dropping it from Medium to Low, or switching to FXAA Low instead, or switching it off.

The key is to be running in game MSAA (to help with the flickering fences & light poles etc) and DSR (to help with the overall IQ and the flickering shadows). Set in game AA to MSAA, drop SMAA to Low, turn off both CSAA & Sparse Grid Supersampling and set DSR to 1.78x. If your frame rates are too low, then continue reducing DSR until they are ok.

Also make sure that in game Texture Filtering is set to Anisotropic 16x (that setting is two above AA in the menu) as it helps with the white lines on the track.

You might also want to try as much DSR are you can run with no other AA, as some people like that (it's particularly good at stabilising moving images, but not so good on those flickering fences).

There isn't one right answer with AA, it's about finding what works for you. Having said that, your existing setting are pretty unusual !

Skywingull625
04-06-2015, 20:51
I have a better idea :)

Why don't you add the on Steam and I will do some Live Stream for you and we can play together? ;)

Steam ID: pr3t3nd3r87

Thats how I can help you even more when needed :)

Ehm.. I have a limited account beacuse I purchased the retail game.. could you add me? I'm Skywingull625 :)

Skywingull625
04-06-2015, 21:03
Sparse grid definitely works, I was questioning whether CSAA actually works. It would be worth testing CSAA without Sparse Grid, to see.

Did you turn your Sparse grid down from 8x to 4x ? 8x is just wasting frame rate, for very little (if any) IQ benefit.

With a 1080p display you should ideally use DSR 1.78x, 2.25x or 4,00x, as everything other setting can give you bad picture quality. Set smoothness to ~20%.

DSR works best when the square root of the DSR values is a "rounded" number.

sqrt of DSR 1.50 = 1.2247 = bad
sqrt of DSR 1.78 = 1.33 (1 1/3) = good
sqrt of DSR 2.00 = 1.4142 = bad
sqrt of DSR 2.25 = 1.50 (1 1/2) = good
sqrt of DSR 3.00 = 1.7321 = bad
sqrt of DSR 4.00 = 2.00 = good

DSR hits your GPU hard, so you shouldn't try to run much other AA with it. I would suggest that you try just in game AA=MSAA with it and turn off both CSAA & Sparse Grid Supersampling.

You will probably find that anything over DSR 1.78x hits your frame rates too hard (when combined with any other AA), so test DSR 1.78x first.

SMAA wise, if your frame rates are too low, try dropping it from Medium to Low, or switching to FXAA Low instead, or switching it off.

The key is to be running in game MSAA (to help with the flickering fences & light poles etc) and DSR (to help with the overall IQ and the flickering shadows). Set in game AA to MSAA, drop SMAA to Low, turn off both CSAA & Sparse Grid Supersampling and set DSR to 1.78x. If your frame rates are too low, then continue reducing DSR until they are ok.

Also make sure that in game Texture Filtering is set to Anisotropic 16x (that setting is two above AA in the menu) as it helps with the white lines on the track.

You might also want to try as much DSR are you can run with no other AA, as some people like that (it's particularly good at stabilising moving images, but not so good on those flickering fences).

There isn't one right answer with AA, it's about finding what works for you. Having said that, your existing setting are pretty unusual !

Doing the tests, step by step ;)

With no v-sync for the test, 8x CSAA hits the gpu with 10 fps. With only that and an in game SMAA (i continue getting confused with MSAA.. however, i mean the one alternative to FXAA) on low aliasing it's even worse.

DSR is not working. I had no fps decreasing. I had v-sync but i think i should have noticed anyway (without v-sync my card reaches too high temperatures beacuse of the amount of frames produced). I set DSR on the Nvidia CP (in the primary profile, there isn't the possibility to apply it only to the application) because i couldn't find it on inspector.

In-game DS6X do work as aliasing, but absolutely not with flickering! Is this even possible? Maybe my problem is not aliasing, but something else.. but what?? (thanks for the continous help, however :) ) :confused: :blue: :dispirited: :beaten: :fatigue: :miserable: :upset: :frown-new: :discouraged:

Mark Bevan
04-06-2015, 22:11
DSR is not working. I had no fps decreasing. I had v-sync but i think i should have noticed anyway (without v-sync my card reaches too high temperatures beacuse of the amount of frames produced). I set DSR on the Nvidia CP (in the primary profile, there isn't the possibility to apply it only to the application) because i couldn't find it on inspector.

To set DSR, you have to tick the DSR factors you want in Nvidia Control Panel and then select one of those new resolutions in game.
http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored/2

Skywingull625
04-06-2015, 22:57
I did it, but it din't have any impact on my problem (even shadows looked still shuttering). What's my problem? Maybe it's not aliasing? If I manage to stream with Pr3t3nd3r he may undestand something more, because my problem is in motion and pics don't get it

Charger
05-06-2015, 01:27
Try setting the camera shake you don't see them then so much.

Skywingull625
05-06-2015, 11:34
I tried. Nothing. DS6X doesn't work, Nvidia DSR neither. I disabled blur, i disabled heat haze, tried lots of anti-aliasing settings, nothing changed. Are we sure mine is an aliasing problem? Can it cause that flickering on almost everithing out of the track (nometimes even in track, like white lines)? I mean, watch those black lines on the poster at the finish line.. if i move the camera they dance on that poster.. anti-alias or something else?

However, thank you for the help you give me, I couldn't even imagine that we could arrive to the sixth page of this thread :) thank you

Skywingull625
08-06-2015, 17:52
Ehm.. do you have any idea? Not even for the black shadows on the poster?

PS: I noticed the game is set on 1680x1050 @59Hz when i'm using a 60Hz monitor. Can this have something to do with my flickering?

Thank you :)

PostBox981
21-06-2015, 14:31
Very interesting thread as I encounter very similar problems with my GTX760 (Gigabyte). So I read the complete thread but so far didnīt try any of the suggested changes - will do next time I find some extra time for this as this experimenting on graphics settings is very much time-killing.

My problem is not only flickering elements that are far away but also inside the cars! Eg. in the Aston Hydrogen I get a flickering border around the tinted top part of the wind screen. Some weeks ago I was experimenting with the ingame SMAA, FXAA etc but nothing really helped it. Even DS9X [offering a slide show :-)] didnīt fix this problem fairly well, though slightly improved.

Strange enough I have been watching some hundred YouTube videos of a guy called Dookie Hauser on his YouTube channel called "Abgefahren!". This guy once mentioned he is running a GTX 780Ti which I believed to be fairly faster than mine but generally doing the same things. Does that graphics card have any capabilities that mine hasnīt? All his videos look great though his ingame settings are more or less the same as mine. No flickering in-car and much less flickering of far objects.

Okay, so now I will play around a little with the nvidia settings instead the ingame settings. Weīll see what happens. Anyway, thank you for all the help inside this thread, as this hits my graphics issues as well. If I should find some breaking news on this I will let you know...

PostBox981
21-06-2015, 16:51
Have been twiddling around with several nVidia settings now, for no success. Changing ingame to DS2X helps me with the flickering inside the car, but gives me poor fps. Distant objects have never been much improved with all the different settings, from about 50 yds in front of the car many objects are flickering like mad. Not really an excuse for my bad driving, but quite a shame in such a good looking game.

I consider changing my hardware in a few months when prices are down a bit. Am thinking of GTX 970 or 980 plus 4k monitor. I am just wondering whether this will take me any further, as there wonīt be any additional graphics options in the games menu then...? Will it be the same in 4k? Not sure...

Skywingull625
21-06-2015, 17:03
Very interesting thread as I encounter very similar problems with my GTX760 (Gigabyte). So I read the complete thread but so far didnīt try any of the suggested changes - will do next time I find some extra time for this as this experimenting on graphics settings is very much time-killing.

My problem is not only flickering elements that are far away but also inside the cars! Eg. in the Aston Hydrogen I get a flickering border around the tinted top part of the wind screen. Some weeks ago I was experimenting with the ingame SMAA, FXAA etc but nothing really helped it. Even DS9X [offering a slide show :-)] didnīt fix this problem fairly well, though slightly improved.

Strange enough I have been watching some hundred YouTube videos of a guy called Dookie Hauser on his YouTube channel called "Abgefahren!". This guy once mentioned he is running a GTX 780Ti which I believed to be fairly faster than mine but generally doing the same things. Does that graphics card have any capabilities that mine hasnīt? All his videos look great though his ingame settings are more or less the same as mine. No flickering in-car and much less flickering of far objects.

Okay, so now I will play around a little with the nvidia settings instead the ingame settings. Weīll see what happens. Anyway, thank you for all the help inside this thread, as this hits my graphics issues as well. If I should find some breaking news on this I will let you know...

Hi, I didn't expect a new post on this thread, i gave this for dead :)

So, i have to tell you I found some help into two other threads: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30438-Anti-aliasing-problem and http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22667-Graphical-settings-PC-G-Force-760
I think that with these tips a almost soved (ALMOST) my aliasing problem, for example, but not the flickering.

By now, a complete list of things I solved may be like:

-Temperature -> V-sync on
-Tearing -> Bloom off
-Aliasing -> DS4X in-game

Things that for me are still to be solved:

-Flickering on far off things and sometimes on shadows in motion (usually they come from flickering things)
-A bit of aliasing on shadows (but I can live with them)
-Strange lighting problems such as moving lines of shadows moving the camera (don't know how to explain them)

Screenshots of my complete settings and of my problems are coming as soon as I can. Maybe I'm gonna start a new thread just for them, just to focus on them ;)

PostBox981
21-06-2015, 18:28
Hi, thank you for your quick response. Just found your "dead" post today by chance. Very interesting, as you run the same graphics card as me.

Took a look at the other two posts you linked. The comparison video seems to be quite interesting, will download it and watch again when more time to concentrate on. DS4X solves my in-car-Problem, but faraway objects still flicker. But I must admit I like to have the detail Level quite high to get all the reflections and other bits. At least high, not necessarily Ultra... So DS4X gives me poor fps and is not a good option for me.

Anyway, I wonder why even the GTX 980 guys have some flickering of faraway objects and some others donīt - as you can see from that Video.

If you could just post a screenshot of your graphics settings, that would be great. Apologies in advance for not always responding within minutes - I just havenīt got the time to be in the forum and on the game 24/7. :-)

Skywingull625
21-06-2015, 21:49
Ok, here they are. They are in italian, so you'll have to count them, tell me if you have any problem :)

Alto = High
Medio = Medium
Basso = Low
Sė = Yes

I don't think it's a graphic card problem, maybe upgrading won't even help on the flickering: many players with the same GTX 760 are having a fantastic experience and many others with higher level video cards have the same flickering problem.

By the way, i don't have much time to play or be in the forum too, don't worry ;)

PS: with these settings i'm running with 35-40 FPS on karts, clear weather an 12 players on track.. it's a bit poor, maybe i'm going to downscale to DS2X or DS2M.

Nestoche
22-06-2015, 03:09
That's really strange. I have a open box refurb reference Nvidia GTX 760 that I purchased from a computer store(Microcenter) and I have not encounter any of the problems with graphics. It's been running fine and it looks good too for me. Maybe I'm not noticing it. I do however am running Nvidia inspector(NI)..maybe you can try that. The seeting used for Pcars in NI are the settings I use for my MS flight sim x which is great for that game and working ok for Pcars as well. I do only get 30FPS with my NI settings though but for me I don't see any slow downs with those FPS, to me, 30FPS looks smooth and plays smooth. The only issue I'm having now is the Handle Exception Trap Error crashing from time to time while in game but that was after patch 1.4. In the 1.3 patch I never got that error.

PostBox981
22-06-2015, 18:48
Ok, here they are. They are in italian, so you'll have to count them, tell me if you have any problem :)

Alto = High
Medio = Medium
Basso = Low
Sė = Yes

I don't think it's a graphic card problem, maybe upgrading won't even help on the flickering: many players with the same GTX 760 are having a fantastic experience and many others with higher level video cards have the same flickering problem.

By the way, i don't have much time to play or be in the forum too, don't worry ;)

PS: with these settings i'm running with 35-40 FPS on karts, clear weather an 12 players on track.. it's a bit poor, maybe i'm going to downscale to DS2X or DS2M.

Great, thank you!!! Will get along with your Italian version somehow. Please forgive me I wonīt find any time to try this before next weekend. May be even later. The price you have to pay for having a regular job. Would prefer to be payed for testing pCars! ;-)

Cheers
Frank

Skywingull625
23-06-2015, 20:50
That's really strange. I have a open box refurb reference Nvidia GTX 760 that I purchased from a computer store(Microcenter) and I have not encounter any of the problems with graphics. It's been running fine and it looks good too for me. Maybe I'm not noticing it. I do however am running Nvidia inspector(NI)..maybe you can try that. The seeting used for Pcars in NI are the settings I use for my MS flight sim x which is great for that game and working ok for Pcars as well. I do only get 30FPS with my NI settings though but for me I don't see any slow downs with those FPS, to me, 30FPS looks smooth and plays smooth. The only issue I'm having now is the Handle Exception Trap Error crashing from time to time while in game but that was after patch 1.4. In the 1.3 patch I never got that error.

Well I tried Nvidia Inspector, the Project Cars profile and custom settings made by me, but the only things i got were poorer performances and tearing.. I'm still looking for the material time to start a thread on this. Thank you however! :)

Great, thank you!!! Will get along with your Italian version somehow. Please forgive me I wonīt find any time to try this before next weekend. May be even later. The price you have to pay for having a regular job. Would prefer to be payed for testing pCars! ;-)

Cheers
Frank

I can understand you, that's the same price for studying engineering! ;) I'm under exams now so I'm not so sure if there's still something else on earth at the moment :p

PostBox981
24-06-2015, 15:55
Well I tried Nvidia Inspector, the Project Cars profile and custom settings made by me, but the only things i got were poorer performances and tearing.. I'm still looking for the material time to start a thread on this. Thank you however! :)

I can understand you, that's the same price for studying engineering! ;) I'm under exams now so I'm not so sure if there's still something else on earth at the moment :p

I am done with studying Engineering for 25 years now. Enjoy this time, I can assure you that finding time to Play doesnīt get easier afterwards. :friendly_wink:

PostBox981
03-07-2015, 16:16
Tried your settings today. Well, at least the main ones, I left the detail settings for reflexions etc. quite high, as I like these details very much. Your settings definitely look much better than mine and most of the flickering has gone now. But it only gives me a poor 40 fps alone on the track with sunshine. With some 16 cars and rain it drops to under 30 fps sometimes. Donīt know what to do yet, maybe I will go back to my old settings and wait for buying a new graphics card one day. But anyway, in the end you gave me some good hints on where to adjust the settings. Thank you!

Have a nice Weekend. Cheers
Frank

Skywingull625
05-07-2015, 07:57
Tried your settings today. Well, at least the main ones, I left the detail settings for reflexions etc. quite high, as I like these details very much. Your settings definitely look much better than mine and most of the flickering has gone now. But it only gives me a poor 40 fps alone on the track with sunshine. With some 16 cars and rain it drops to under 30 fps sometimes. Donīt know what to do yet, maybe I will go back to my old settings and wait for buying a new graphics card one day. But anyway, in the end you gave me some good hints on where to adjust the settings. Thank you!

Have a nice Weekend. Cheers
Frank

I'm glad to hear it, you're welcome ;)